Any photoshop experts?

timnufc

Banners tend to be printed at 150dpi so you wouldn't need to go as high 300.

What size is it going to be?

Around 4 - 6ft high, width around 4ft roughly.

It would be tricky putting it somehwere in the ground if its too big, so I was thinking on top of one of the 'entrances' to the ground, above that, if you know what I mean.

It would be tricky putting it somehwere in the ground if its too big, so I was thinking on top of one of the 'entrances' to the ground, above that, if you know what I mean.

To be honest mate unless the person who did it started at a high res at around A4 portrait (minimum) and you can get that version you've got no hope of blowing it up to 6ft. Resizing the image you've linked to will just turn the image into a blurry mess and the text will be pretty much unreadable.

Nice bit of photoshopping mind :lol:

To be honest mate unless the person who did it started at a high res at around A4 portrait (minimum) and you can get that version you've got no hope of blowing it up to 6ft. Resizing the image you've linked to will just turn the image into a blurry mess and the text will be pretty much unreadable.

Nice bit of photoshopping mind :lol:

dscf1208.th.jpg

What about this one, would this version be any different? Whats the biggest it could be gotten to do you reckon mate?

Hmmm, having said all that I've just tried resizing it and I guess for what you want it for it won't be that bad.

I'll re-do the font at a larger/bolder size and send it to you as a pdf.

That would be greatly appreciated, I've took a picture of the pic on the computer screen with a digital camera, Ive tried showing that in my last post, but it didnt come off any bigger. But basically Ive got a picture on my computer thats decent quality and that is bigger than the original picture, just wondering if that would help?

It'll be o.k mate I had my designer head on wouldn't normally blow an image up that big from that size but for this banner it'll be o.k

Who will be printing it?

Somebody I know who has the machine capable of producing it. (the sam machine that produced the WANTED poster of Ashley & Wise). He was saying it needed to be around 300 otherwise it would just look like loads of 10p pieces. Whether it can be done for the Leeds game is pushing it though but I wanna try.

Blowing up to 300dpi will reduce the image quality (text will be crisp though as I've re-written it) but if he's doing it for nowt there's no harm in trying I guess.

Is the other pic you have a photo of the screen?

I'll need an email address to send the pdf. :lol:

Blowing up to 300dpi will reduce the image quality (text will be crisp though as I've re-written it) but if he's doing it for nowt there's no harm in trying I guess.

Is the other pic you have a photo of the screen?

I'll need an email address to send the pdf. :lol:

tim_nufc@hotmail.com

Aye thats what the other pic is.

Is anyone on here really good with photoshop, and able to make this picture OF Llambias: http://forums.icnewcastle.co.uk/viewtopic....77&start=15 a bigger asize, to around 300 DPI?

Maybe, this suggestion may go "against the grain" mate but try posting it on the "Pure Football" forum, of the RTG.

They have a few people who are great with it - I'm thinking of "Snockerty Friddle" (sp) and "York Mackem", in particular.

Also, you may get an even more comical/mocking slant (which is what I think you are looking for) than you will ever get on a NUFC board.

:lol:

If in doubt please look at the "Big Sam - Big Fish" thread (may not be 100% correct but will not be hard to find).

IIRC it had over 1000 efforts!

Dont forget that within 5 mins of you unfurlling your banner some random bloke who nobody has ever seen at the game before will appear, argue with you and then take a swing, causing you to respond and smack him one. Next thing you know a dozen stewards will appear out of nowhere, grab you, have you arrested and subsequently banned from all football grounds for three years even though you have 30 years exemplary record home and away.

© Keith Barrett 2009

ferk me thats my work!!!!!!!!!

i have the original jpeg somewhere..........

if thats on a banner ill piss mesel laughing, it was on skunkers for ages didnt think people picked up on it

original was only 72dpi though...

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2362/alitoon.jpg

is a slightly smaller res, cant host the original right now

Edited by xXx

All done and sent off around 2pm today guys. :)

Haven't heard if everything was ok but it blown up to around 6ft x 4ft black background and white text.

Ended up being a 27mb pdf if anyone's interested in downloading it.

Nice photo shopping xXx <_<

Edited by JUICE690

Argh... too late then.

FWIW, Was just about to post that you could always just slap on a few simple effects to make it stand out more in spite of the poor quality

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3306/llambias.jpg

and that I think text would be better at the top and definitely should be redone.

did you run that through genuine fractals?

really hope i see a banner :)