Jonas to Barcelona?

Giraffidae

look man, he's woefully average. Carlton palmer once played for England.

yes! that's all i'm saying!! he's an average creative midfielder who will sit on the bench for barcelona if he signs!!

That's being quite optimistic about his chances to be honest.

:lol:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well aren't you all a miserable bunch? i came on here, posted an article, made some comments, and then king kev started talking shit. i responded to him, and then there are a dozen posts about how i come on here, how i don't understand football, how i am only a fan on fifa, and all sorts of nonsense. first of all, i've been supporting barca for almost 15 years, and seen out the highs and the lows with the club. so don't give me this crap that i'm a fifa fan. secondly, i said nothing arrogant or condescending in my posts. you lot had a very average squad, and because a barca fan says it doesn't make your squad any more or less bad. it was a terrible squad, hence you got relegated. yes, jonas did not do well, but the fact remains that nobody who starts for argentina, nobody who starts for brazil, nobody who starts for spain, nobody who starts for any of these top international teams is a crap player. newcastle united was not a good fit for jonas, and i believe a team like barca would be a much better fit for him and we'd see a very different player if he played for us. patrick kluivert didn't exactly set SJP alight, but he's one of the best strikers to have ever played the game, supported by the FACT that he's the leading goal scorer for Holland, a country that is famous for producing countless world-class strikers. that's all i'm saying. if you still believe he sucks, then that's your right. i just hope he signs for us because i know he will be a great back-up player at barca, and he would get a lot more love at the camp nou than he does at SJP.

He wasn't by the time he came to Newcastle. Physically he seemed to have lost a lot and mentally he just wasn't interested. No more to do with Newcastle than if Pele suddenly decided to pull on a Newcastle shirt and come out of retirement. He'd be rubbish, but it'd be all to do with his age, nothing to do with the club.

So can't see what that has to do with anything any more than your usual load of :lol: about Newcastle fans wanting a team of Butt's and Smith's. :razz: Now, fuck off. :aye:

Jonas Gutierrez is flattered to be linked with a move to Barcelona, but remains focused on Newcastle for now.

Reports suggest the Argentine winger is a target for Spanish giants Barca as they look to add depth to their squad.

The 26-year-old would be open to such a switch after tasting relegation heartache with Newcastle last season.

With the 2010 World Cup weighing heavy on the minds of many players this term, a switch to one of Europe's top divisions would also be in Gutierrez's best interests.

He accepts as much, and admits he would be foolish to shun a move to Barca, but insists he is happy to help the Magpies' promotion push until informed otherwise.

"The truth is they (Barcelona) are a great team. They already demonstrated this last season by winning everything," he said.

"For one, to be part of a great team is always a dream, to play with great players. But, right now it is something I try not to think about. I'm only thinking of Newcastle. But obviously, to play there is a dream for any player.

He added: "They are a club who are doing things very well, they have great players and any player would like to play for this team."

SSN.cock

^ i hope he does join barca, then you'll see what kind of player you had at your disposal but failed to build a squad around. even ronaldinho would have looked ordinary in your squad. not saying he'll bench xavi and iniesta with his skills, but he'll be a decent bench player. surely can't be worse than hleb, so i'm all for this signing. seems like barca would be happy to have him and newcastle would be happy to get rid of him so i hope it works out

It's not our player's fault that Guti can't fucking pass or cross you moron.

its known as movement off the ball, if you actually played any football instead of wanking off in front of your computer all day to pictures of your players you'd understand that. at barca, he'll be surrounded by players who are actually making cuts, showing, creating space. He'll be playing short, one touch passes. In case you haven't noticed, he does just fine when he plays for Argentina, hmmmm I wonder why that is. Its all good, continue to hate all your players that actually have some skill. Maybe one day if more people like you are in charge of your club you'll be filled with 5 nicky butts and 5 alan smiths in the outfield.

Well, first of all I'm wanking off in front of my computer to pics of Megan Fox, and no Newcastle players. Secondly, you haven't got a fucking clue how football works. Yes, he would be surrounded by quality players, but again: He is a winger, and a winger has to have the ability to cross and score goals, not just to get past defenders. His delivery is TERRIBLE. Only god knows why playing short passes and one touch football would make him a better crosser or a goalscorer.

TECHNICALLY HE'S A WING BACK.

look man, he's woefully average. Carlton palmer once played for England.

He now likes playing in the bath, with a middle-aged man called Paddy.

fuck you!! :razz::aye:

:lol: