Tuesday's 5pm deadline means nowt as...................

accadacca

we can still sign up to 8 players on loan after it expires, and, sign out of contract players like Lovenkrands.

The deadline is only significant for premier league clubs so don't get het up if no one is signed before 1/9 :lol:

we can still sign up to 8 players on loan after it expires, and, sign out of contract players like Lovenkrands.

The deadline is only significant for premier league clubs so don't get het up if no one is signed before 1/9 :lol:

47.3 There shall be two categories of temporary loan transfers allowed - Short Term Loans and

Long Term Loans. The following restrictions shall apply to both types of loan:47.3.1 A maximum of 5 loan Players (either Short Term or Long Term) can be named in the

sixteen Players listed on a team sheet for any individual Match. This figure shall

include any additional loan of a goalkeeper approved by the Executive under the

provisions of Regulation 49.

47.3.2 No more than 4 loan Players (either Short Term or Long Term) may join one Club

from another Club in any Season.

48.1 Short Term Loans. Subject to the provisions of Regulation 47.3, Short Term Loan

transfers shall only be approved in accordance with following provisions:

48.1.1 A Club can have up to 8 Players on Short Term Loan during any Season,

but no more than 4 at any one time.48.1.2 Short Term Loan transfers shall be for a period of not less than 28 days or for more

than 93 days in any one Season. The loan period is inclusive of the start date and

finishing date.

48.1.3 The Short term loan of a goalkeeper may be subject to a recall clause (including

within the original 28 days) but this may only be implemented in exceptional

circumstances with the consent of the Executive.

48.1.4 The Executive shall not permit a Short term loan transfer for a period in excess of

93 days in any one Season save in extenuating circumstances, at the discretion of

the Executive.

48.1.5 Short term loans which subsequently become permanent transfers, or

simultaneously upon termination become Long Term Loans, shall not count against

a Club’s quota of Short Term Loans for that season.

48.2 Long Term Loans. Subject to the provisions of Regulation 47.3, Long Term Loan

transfers shall only be approved in accordance with the following provisions:

48.2.1 A Player can only be transferred on a Long Term Loan if he was under the age of

23 on the 30th June prior to the Season in which the Long Term Loan transfer is

intended to take place.

48.2.2 A Club can have up to 4 Players on Long Term Loan at any one time during any

Season.

48.2.3 The registration of a Long Term Loan will only be permitted during the period 1st

July to 31st December in any Season.

48.2.4 The period of a Long Term Loan shall expire no earlier than the end of the Season in

which the Long Term Loan takes place and a Player signed on such a transfer must

complete the loan period and may not be recalled by his original Club at any time

during that loan period save:

a when the Player is recalled and transferred permanently to another Club; and

b in the case of a goalkeeper whose agreement may contain a recall clause which

may only be implemented in exceptional circumstances with the consent

of the Executive.

48.2.5 Long term loan transfers which subsequently become permanent transfers before

31st December in the same season shall not count against a Club’s quota of such

Long Term Loans for that season.

57.6.3.2.6.7-4r5e. states you will be banned if you post any more shite like this. :lol:

You've just blown your own argument out of the water frankly, this club needs to strengthen its depth and know where it is. Loans are one answer but they are not the solution overall. You're constrained with loans, players get cup tied or their club refuses to allow them to play, players on loan can be recalled by their club just when you need them most, as you've shown above a max of 5 loan players can be named in a squad, we hit injuries and we could have problems with that one.

Theres a thousand an one reasons why you thinking the world of NUFC is rosy because we can grab a loan player here and there when the going gets tough is bollocks.

57.6.3.2.6.7-4r5e. states you will be banned if you post any more shite like this. :blush:

You've just blown your own argument out of the water frankly, this club needs to strengthen its depth and know where it is. Loans are one answer but they are not the solution overall. You're constrained with loans, players get cup tied or their club refuses to allow them to play, players on loan can be recalled by their club just when you need them most, as you've shown above a max of 5 loan players can be named in a squad, we hit injuries and we could have problems with that one.

Theres a thousand an one reasons why you thinking the world of NUFC is rosy because we can grab a loan player here and there when the going gets tough is bollocks.

I am not saying that ffs. :lol:

Overheard some lads in the boozer saying ''if we don't get anyone in before Tuedsa we are knacked as the window doesn't open again til January''.

IF we do hit injury problems after Tuesday, all I am saying is that players can be brought in on loan to bolster the squad - so everyone shouldn't get all overly despondent if no one is signed before then.

We have to face facts - loan deals and out of contract players are all we will going for.

Ashley wants promotion on the cheap, and he knows he has a great chance of achieving this.

The wage bill for staff inc players, admin etc still stands at £850,000 per week {45 million divided by 52} despite fire sales.

Income from matchdays is only around £500,000 and that is roughly every fortnight, not every week.

The £11m parachute payment only equates to £200,000 per week.

He is still losing around £400k per week at present, so anyone who thinks transfer fees and big wages are going to be paid out whilst he is still in charge is living in cloud cuckoo land. I would guess that Lovenkrands wage demands are stopping the deal going through at present.

We all know the situation is far from good, but it looks like the present squad will remain intact with no sales between now and Tuesday evening and it is too good not to go up.

Leicester will be put to the sword just as Reading, Sheff Wed and H'field were, even if Ameobi, Carroll and Guti are missing and as ever, I have put my money where my mouth :icon_lol: is at the bookies.

57.6.3.2.6.7-4r5e. states you will be banned if you post any more shite like this. :blush:

I am not saying that ffs. :lol:

Overheard some lads in the boozer saying ''if we don't get anyone in before Tuedsa we are knacked as the window doesn't open again til January''.

IF we do hit injury problems after Tuesday, all I am saying is that players can be brought in on loan to bolster the squad - so everyone shouldn't get all overly despondent if no one is signed before then.

We have to face facts - loan deals and out of contract players are all we will going for.

Ashley wants promotion on the cheap, and he knows he has a great chance of achieving this.

The wage bill for staff inc players, admin etc still stands at £850,000 per week {45 million divided by 52} despite fire sales.

Income from matchdays is only around £500,000 and that is roughly every fortnight, not every week.

The £11m parachute payment only equates to £200,000 per week.

He is still losing around £400k per week at present, so anyone who thinks transfer fees and big wages are going to be paid out whilst he is still in charge is living in cloud cuckoo land. I would guess that Lovenkrands wage demands are stopping the deal going through at present.

We all know the situation is far from good, but it looks like the present squad will remain intact with no sales between now and Tuesday evening and it is too good not to go up.

Leicester will be put to the sword just as Reading, Sheff Wed and H'field were, even if Ameobi, Carroll and Guti are missing and as ever, I have put my money where my mouth :icon_lol: is at the bookies.

You've not put your money where your mouth is here though.

The offer still stands, £100 to the charity of the winners choice, Newcastle will NOT be promoted this season if Ashley is still in charge.

now and Tuesday evening and it is too good not to go up.

Most of which were too good to go down last season too.

—————

—————

so we can’t afford the wages at the moment — but all these loan players and out of contract players will want paying, thus adding to the loss making.

So that’s the great plan then?

The deadline is only significant for premier league clubs so don't get het up if no one is signed before 1/9 ;)

Actually that's not the case. We can only sign out of contract players after the deadline closes. FACT!

Edit: Except in cases deemed an emergency by the league. Whatever that means.

Edited by alex

The deadline is only significant for premier league clubs so don't get het up if no one is signed before 1/9 ;)

Actually that's not the case. We can only sign out of contract players after the deadline closes. FACT!

I think i also read somewhere that you can only have so many of these after deadline players in your team at the same time, though it may have been 5 so that's hardly going to be an issue!

I'm hoping we do as seems quite likely bring Lovenkrands in, the only worry is that the guy has had no pre-season games and no competitive games so he will be weeks off full match fitness, would still probably chuck him in the team though, certainly in the league cup match anyway!

Isnt it only for cases such as when all your keepers are in a car crash together or some such other highly unlikely scenario. It sure as hell doesnt count for "emmm I accidentally sold our last defender, what a clot I am. Can I borrow a couple off Chelsea?"

As I understand it it's for something like that, like if you'd be left with two 17yr olds at centre half for a decent period of time you'd be allowed to bring in a couple of loan signings.

where's me fookin wow signing man?!

Peter Wowenkrands.

Good signing imo. Not enough, but better than nowt. Maybe it's a FACT! that our striker situation is bad and that Hughton has successfully drummed it into LardAshe's thick skull that we needed someone in - or else.

One or two more would have been nice.

No more out is a good thing.

not according to the rules that I posted about earlier - bad news if you are right though

If the last day of a transfer window is on a weekend, the deadline can be extended to the following Monday at the request of those involved for business reasons.[14] The first shift of the deadline since its inception took place in summer 2008, when the deadline was extended by 24 hours to fall on Monday 1 September at midnight.[15][16] The transfer deadline in England was similarly extended to 5pm 1 September 2009, due to the August Bank Holiday. The German football league has announced to extend the January 2009 deadline to 2 February.[17]

Free agents can be signed by a club at any time in the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window.[14] A club can request to sign a player on emergency basis, ie if several goalkeepers are injured at the same time.[14] In England, clubs from the Football League Championship to the Football Conference can loan in players from 8 September to 23 November and also from 8 February until 23 March.[18] An existing loan deal can be made permanent at any time outside the transfer window

I dont' think we've had a good one yet have we?

I still think we will bring some more players in on either free's or loans. I noticed they were going on about Bentley's situation at Spurs with Arry basically stating he has no future there anymore. Might be worth a try to get him. He wouldn't be able to get anywhere better now and they might be happy even to get a percentage of his wage away.

If the last day of a transfer window is on a weekend, the deadline can be extended to the following Monday at the request of those involved for business reasons.[14] The first shift of the deadline since its inception took place in summer 2008, when the deadline was extended by 24 hours to fall on Monday 1 September at midnight.[15][16] The transfer deadline in England was similarly extended to 5pm 1 September 2009, due to the August Bank Holiday. The German football league has announced to extend the January 2009 deadline to 2 February.[17]

Free agents can be signed by a club at any time in the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window.[14] A club can request to sign a player on emergency basis, ie if several goalkeepers are injured at the same time.[14] In England, clubs from the Football League Championship to the Football Conference can loan in players from 8 September to 23 November and also from 8 February until 23 March.[18] An existing loan deal can be made permanent at any time outside the transfer window

The league have clarified the situation more recently though and the bit in bold (from wiki I assume) would now appear to be out of date.

Another fucked up transfer window.

Unbelievable man. And while I was all for getting Lovenkrands in can you believe we've given a bloke without a club and with a poor injury record a 3 year deal? You couldn't make this shit up ;)