And leicester are supposed to be one of the better...

accadacca

I thought we were poor last night. Geremi was a joke and Guthrie wasn't great either ( Cept the goal ) Ranger was impressive though.

Guthrie looked better on the right but he struggled wide left. He's not a LW though. Think Lua Lua should have played to give us a bit of pace out wide (instead of Geremi).

TBH i was suprised Lua Lua wasn't playing instead of that moron. Of all the players who should be sold surely Geremi is up there?? Must be on 60k + a week, Maybe him playing was an advertising stunt for clubs....Not a good one after last night.

To sell, you need a buyer. It applies to Geremi and the club ;)

Wasn't there a turkish side interested in Jan? There must be someone who would take him. Just a leech and doesn't seem interested in playing for the badge.

Howay man, how would a Turkish side afford his wages? Likewise, why would he take a massive pay cut?

Thats prob why it didn't go through. How long has he got left on his contract?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were poor last night. Geremi was a joke and Guthrie wasn't great either ( Cept the goal ) Ranger was impressive though.

Guthrie looked better on the right but he struggled wide left. He's not a LW though. Think Lua Lua should have played to give us a bit of pace out wide (instead of Geremi).

TBH i was suprised Lua Lua wasn't playing instead of that moron. Of all the players who should be sold surely Geremi is up there?? Must be on 60k + a week, Maybe him playing was an advertising stunt for clubs....Not a good one after last night.

To sell, you need a buyer. It applies to Geremi and the club ;)

Wasn't there a turkish side interested in Jan? There must be someone who would take him. Just a leech and doesn't seem interested in playing for the badge.

Howay man, how would a Turkish side afford his wages? Likewise, why would he take a massive pay cut?

Thats prob why it didn't go through. How long has he got left on his contract?

Last season I think. Another reason for him to hang around.

But the "reality" at the moment is that we are playing well, beating teams, scoring goals and sitting two points clear at the top of the league.

How do the above signs point to our "inability to compete in this league in the long term". While the squad depletion etc is well documented under Ashley, we still have a squad that most teams in this division would kill for.

They might kill for the current first team, but not squad - we don't have a 'squad'... :icon_lol:

Went to NUFC to drag up the full squad and on the appropriate page under Newcastle United Senior Squad 09/10 its actually says......

coming soon.......
;):cry:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Senio...1317904,00.html

Yep, that IS funny.

While i wouldnt miss him one bit, Geremi played well on the right on wednesday. I also think we are underestimating how well leicester played. I thought they seem to battle and run after everything. I also thought on another night some of our attacking moves and shots would have come off and we could have scored 4 or 5.

So, Leicester played really well but we could have had 4 or 5? OK :cry:

You know what i mean you cantankerous fucker!!!!

I don't actually since we never looked like breaking them down until Guthrie scored. Unless by 'on another night' you meant a night where we fielded a different side and played a lot better.

And you say I talk shite ;)

Without having the highlights in front of me there were several shots on target that went straight at the keeper, Guthrie had two go just over, smithy hit the target, Geremi wizzed one past the post etc etc fucking cetera!

I think Leicester had more shots on goal than us didn't they?

While i wouldnt miss him one bit, Geremi played well on the right on wednesday. I also think we are underestimating how well leicester played. I thought they seem to battle and run after everything. I also thought on another night some of our attacking moves and shots would have come off and we could have scored 4 or 5.

So, Leicester played really well but we could have had 4 or 5? OK :icon_lol:

I don't actually since we never looked like breaking them down until Guthrie scored. Unless by 'on another night' you meant a night where we fielded a different side and played a lot better.

And you say I talk shite :cry:

Without having the highlights in front of me there were several shots on target that went straight at the keeper, Guthrie had two go just over, smithy hit the target, Geremi wizzed one past the post etc etc fucking cetera!

You do talk shite. You said if our moves came off we could have had four or five then you've just illustrated that wasn't the case by pointing out we were largely restricted to long range efforts. ;)

And you say I talk shite :cry:

You do talk shite. You said if our moves came off we could have had four or five then you've just illustrated that wasn't the case by pointing out we were largely restricted to long range efforts. ;)

To be fair Christmas Tree you do talk alot of shit. Remember the club will be sold by Wednesday blah blah

Journals Report

SO many problems, so many concerns, so many reasons to worry about what the future holds. It is hard to believe Newcastle United are top of the league.

That this league is the Championship is the single biggest cause of their difficulties, but for now, after so many months of uncertainty, disappointment and despair it is a position we should be allowed to enjoy.

The wider issues, no manager, no long term planning and no new owners, may yet undermine everything, but these are issues which can only be resolved in the boardroom. On the pitch, United’s players are getting on with things as best they can, this victory over Leicester City making it five wins out of six this season. While the bankers and the accountants juggle with the club’s finances, Mike Ashley still looks for a buyer and Alan Shearer remains a frustrated spectator, that is all we can hope for.

Shearer had been undecided whether to attend last night’s game as late as yesterday teatime, but the former Magpie skipper simply can not cut himself off from the club. It could be argued that any sensible man, not restrained by such fierce emotional ties, would have given up hope of becoming manager as soon as Ashley began the delaying games which have left him in limbo for so long.

But Shearer has never given up and while he has the comfort of a television show to keep him occupied most weekends, he simply refuses to concede defeat in his bid to become United’s boss once again. Shearer would probably have attended last night’s game as a fan regardless of any professional ties, but while there remains a chance of a takeover he continues to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the team he failed to save from relegation back in May.

Like any Magpies observer, he will be alarmed by the size of a first-team squad which is already decimated by injuries to such an extent that the 18-year-old Nile Ranger was forced to play as a lone striker on his league debut as Andy Carroll and Shola Ameobi are both injured and Xisco has returned to Spain on loan to Racing Santander. With no Fabricio Coloccini – heavily linked with a number of continental clubs ahead of the transfer deadline – because of international duty with Argentina, full-back Danny Simpson was asked to play at centre-back while, in midfield, Danny Guthrie and Geremi took turns on the right wing in the absence of Jonas Gutierrez.

On the bench, caretaker manager Chris Hughton did not have a single player who has started a league game for the club, a lack of experience which should chill the heart of every United fan warmed by recent results. After such a dismal campaign last time around, Newcastle’s unbeaten start to the season has given some cause for optimism that a realistic promotion challenge can be mounted.

Yet, it has still only disguised potentially disastrous short comings, like a builder filling in holes in the brickwork with temporary cement before the whole things comes tumbling down with an almighty crash. As things stand, if United can stay clear of injuries and suspensions, they have a wonderful chance of making an immediate return to the top flight.

Unfortunately, given the physical demands of a Championship campaign, they are about as likely to do that as Ashley is to go begging to Shearer this morning with a £30m transfer kitty asking him to become manager again.

Those frailties were clear to see here. Ranger is an exciting prospect, but it is expecting far too much of the teenager to play as a lone striker, even at Championship level. As a result, Newcastle lacked a cutting edge in the first half, despite a bright start which saw them do plenty of good work going forward as Leicester struggled to come to terms with their midfield runners.

However, roared on by a large travelling support, Leicester kept themselves in the game and began to enjoy far more of it as it wore on. Kevin Nolan was denied twice, firstly by goalkeeper Chris Weale and secondly by a perfectly timed block in the area from Wayne Brown, but the visitors came even closer.

Steve Harper has had his critics recently, particularly in light of Tim Krul’s excellent second-half performance against West Brom on the opening day of the season. But the veteran produced two world-class saves to keep the Foxes out before half-time. The first was a strong two-handed parry to deny Newcastle fan Steve Howard and the second an even better, full length dive to turn Paul Gallagher’s curling free-kick away from goal.

Newcastle were in ever increasing danger of being caught on the break and, as they failed to control possession well enough because of the lack of forward options, Leicester were looking a real threat before the teams went off for the break. Thankfully, they were not able to build on that momentum in the second half thanks to Guthrie’s moment of quality, skipping round two defenders on the edge of the area before unleashing an unstoppable shot past the stunned Weale.

Geremi went close moments later with an equally well-struck shot, as did Alan Smith and Joey Barton as the black and white shirts began to swarm.

They failed to get the second to ease their nerves late on, but the defence held firm as Leicester ran out of ideas. It is far from rosy in the United garden but at least the sun is shining – for the time being at least.

So as well as the goal theres another 5 "could have beens" from this reporter.

I sometimes do talk shite, but Alex, you are always cantankerous! ;):cry::icon_lol:

You try too hard mate :icon_lol:

We had one shot on target and our keeper made 3 quality saves.

If anyone deserved more goals it was Leicester.

We should have scored a second late on when Nolan (pretty sure it was him) could hardly lift his leg high enough to get any power into the shot. Aaaand one from Smith which he could have done better. Aaaaand the goal. That's three off the top of me heed.

We should have scored a second late on when Nolan (pretty sure it was him) could hardly lift his leg high enough to get any power into the shot. Aaaand one from Smith which he could have done better. Aaaaand the goal. That's three off the top of me heed.

Aye, they were limp dick shots though.

Shots (on Goal) 9(5) 12(6)

Fouls 13 11

Corner Kicks 1 2

Offsides 4 3

Time of Possession 53% 47%

Yellow Cards 1 1

Red Cards 0 0

Saves 8 4

They had more shots on and off target and more corners.

And you say I talk shite :icon_lol:

Alex, rewriting history again..... :icon_lol:

I also thought on another night some of our attacking moves and shots would have come off and we could have scored 4 or 5

I'm not the one re-writing history. Howay man, we had 6 shots on target in the whole match. I mean, if you're now saying your point was 'if all our shots had gone in we'd have had 5 or 6 or whatever' then woah! Hold the front page :cry: It was a classic case of a game where it was either going to be 0-0 or 1-0 to either side because it was a tight game of very few chances. I'm all for looking for good things in games and there were some pleasing things but I don't see how anyone could watch that game and imply that we could have had a hatful. Leicester had as many shots on target as us and they didn't have that many either.

For anyone seeing it on the telly, was it a penalty in the first half when their player blocked the cross coming in ??? Looked like a handball to us.

Yes, Raylor hit the cross and was blocked by the defenders hands, then it landed and confusion amongst two defenders caused the ball to hit a hand.

From BBC Match Stats

Shots on target Newcastle 6 Leicester 6

So what you're saying is on another night it could have been 6-6? ;)

From BBC Match Stats

Shots on target Newcastle 6 Leicester 6

There you go then. Pretty evenly matched with a team just promoted from League 1.

We bossed the second half when Ranger came more into the game.

For those shots on target, ours had more quality in the build up and were clearer chances (edit: apart from the Howard header and the free kick, which wasnt that good anyway).

For those off target, theirs were scooped into row Z, Geremi's and Barton's were fizzing shots that had the keeper beaten.

Dont why people want to play down that second half, we were far far better than them and from the Leicester forums, their fans completely agree. The reason why was they worked their arses off in the first half to contain us and lacked the fitness to stifle our play int he second.

Edited by ChezGiven

This kid is a mackem without a doubt. If you check the IP it will be one of the mackem area post codes i.e. NE30something SR or DH.

I think anyone from NE1-NE29. Fine, but the other postcodes questions need answering as far as I'm concerned.

The reason why was they worked their arses off in the first half to contain us and lacked the fitness to stifle our play int he second.

I think this will happen a lot to us at home this season. Teams are well up for it and run around like blue arsed flys for an hour before being completely wankered.