And leicester are supposed to be one of the better...

accadacca

Cardiff away next game, that'll be a real test of where we're at

Exactly.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Of course, it's great that our young lads can step forward and perform, but, it's a long 46-game season and we won't win them all.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

teams - what a joke.

Another nice tidy sum to collect from the bookies tomorrow thank you very much.

When will the non believers start to believe ?

This division is woeful, and even with a squad of 15 first teamers backed up with another 6/7 young hopefuls, promotion will be achieved very very comfortably.

This is not arrogance or delusion - this is based on knowledge of the fact that we have far too much quality in a veritable sea of mediocrity.

Your right ofcourse :blush: but the :lol: crowd outweigh the :icon_lol: crowd.

How is baseless optimism any better than baseless pessimism? All the signs point to our inability to compete in the long term in this league and you're still wanting a parade for winning a handful of games as the season opens. Wait until we've got 6 or 7 injuries to first-team players and we're out at Blackpool in the pissing cold fielding the likes of Ngo Baheng and Tozer and then try to tell me we have 'far too much quality.' We've played 5 league games. There are 46 in this league. Let's not break out the champagne yet.

Do we have a first XI that is better than any other first XI in this league? We do and I have said it many times. But NUFC's continued success depends on too many factors to assume as blithely as the two of you are doing. You both direly need a reality check and I hope for our sake it doesn't come in the form of a 4-0 humping off Sheff U because Danny Simpson and Nile Ranger weren't up to it.

But the "reality" at the moment is that we are playing well, beating teams, scoring goals and sitting two points clear at the top of the league.

How do the above signs point to our "inability to compete in this league in the long term". While the squad depletion etc is well documented under Ashley, we still have a squad that most teams in this division would kill for.

Who's to say we'll lose 7 first teamers in one go, are the other teams not going to lose 7 first teamers........

Even with our depleted squad I truly (not dillusionally) believe we are head and shoulders above most. I think it is nailed on that we will at least reach the play offs and would then strongly fancy us over a few games against anyone.

There is also little point in optimists trying to convert pessamists (or realalists as they like to hide behind) and vice versa.

But ffs stop threatening the poor lad with a banning :icon_lol:

See here is why you join the Dekka Llambarse crowd for stupidity, it was 1-0 at home against a promoted team.

Way to go Walter, obviously we're gunna win the league.

By the way calling a realist a pessimist (see how they are spelt) doesn't strengthen your argument.

teams - what a joke.

Another nice tidy sum to collect from the bookies tomorrow thank you very much.

When will the non believers start to believe ?

This division is woeful, and even with a squad of 15 first teamers backed up with another 6/7 young hopefuls, promotion will be achieved very very comfortably.

This is not arrogance or delusion - this is based on knowledge of the fact that we have far too much quality in a veritable sea of mediocrity.

Your right ofcourse :blush: but the :lol: crowd outweigh the :icon_lol: crowd.

How is baseless optimism any better than baseless pessimism? All the signs point to our inability to compete in the long term in this league and you're still wanting a parade for winning a handful of games as the season opens. Wait until we've got 6 or 7 injuries to first-team players and we're out at Blackpool in the pissing cold fielding the likes of Ngo Baheng and Tozer and then try to tell me we have 'far too much quality.' We've played 5 league games. There are 46 in this league. Let's not break out the champagne yet.

Do we have a first XI that is better than any other first XI in this league? We do and I have said it many times. But NUFC's continued success depends on too many factors to assume as blithely as the two of you are doing. You both direly need a reality check and I hope for our sake it doesn't come in the form of a 4-0 humping off Sheff U because Danny Simpson and Nile Ranger weren't up to it.

But the "reality" at the moment is that we are playing well, beating teams, scoring goals and sitting two points clear at the top of the league.

How do the above signs point to our "inability to compete in this league in the long term". While the squad depletion etc is well documented under Ashley, we still have a squad that most teams in this division would kill for.

Who's to say we'll lose 7 first teamers in one go, are the other teams not going to lose 7 first teamers........

Even with our depleted squad I truly (not dillusionally) believe we are head and shoulders above most. I think it is nailed on that we will at least reach the play offs and would then strongly fancy us over a few games against anyone.

There is also little point in optimists trying to convert pessamists (or realalists as they like to hide behind) and vice versa.

But ffs stop threatening the poor lad with a banning :icon_lol:

whilst I am grateful for your 'support', please don't think I am so sensitive that the laughable criticisms of me actually ''hurt''. I am a big lad, 48 and been thru the really bad times - anyone remember Graeme Oates ffs ?

so far, I have collected a couple of hundred pounds profit from backing my team against pitiful opposition and will continue to do so.

I have watched a lot of CCC football and can only re-iterate how crap it is. We now have someone wetting themselves about how tougfh Cardiff are going to be. That's Cardiff who haven't been in the top flight for many many years.

I can understand everyone feeling punch drunk after all thats happened over the last 3-4 months, and that pessimism abounds because of what MA has done, but trust me on this, as long as no more than 2 key players go, we will be promoted. By the time Cardiff come round we will have boosted the squad by 4 players - one has already signed today - Catchcart from Man Utd whom a mate says will be a star.

chuck as much crap as you want at me, but when March comes around when we are promoted, I want an apology from all the unbelievers on here - that is if they have the bottle to apologise - but I won't hold my breath :icon_lol:

you've had plenty of warnings you pathetic shit - if Peasepud decides he wants to carry out his threat of banning you (or preventing you starting threads) I'm not going to stop him :lol:

Banning???!! I want him torn to shreds by hungry chipmunks.

chuck as much crap as you want at me, but when March comes around when we are promoted, I want an apology from all the unbelievers on here - that is if they have the bottle to apologise - but I won't hold my breath ;)

Hopefully we will get promoted (there's a loooooooooong way to go though).

But if we do get promoted this season, how do you think we'll do in the Premiership next season with this side?

chuck as much crap as you want at me, but when March comes around when we are promoted, I want an apology from all the unbelievers on here - that is if they have the bottle to apologise - but I won't hold my breath ;)

But if we do get promoted this season, how do you think we'll do in the Premiership next season with this side?

Well I'd like to think we would be sold and buy some more players if we go up. :cry:

Well I'd like to think we would be sold and buy some more players if we go up. :cry:

Won't happen imo

Ashley wants to keep hold of us until he's turned a profit.

We'd get creamed in the prem with this side, no ifs or buts about it. That's why whoever (if indeed anyone does) gets control will have a huuuuuuge job trying to re-establish NUFC as a proper football side.

How about this; we get something at Cardiff away then fair play he stays, if we get beat at Cardiff he gets banned?

I reckon we will get something from Cardiff. He has already said we HAVE signed this guy from Man United so he should be judged on that.

Tbf, he's right about this league being gash. The problem is we've got very little in reserve if we get a few injuries. We were lucky last night imo because we had no cutting edge. It took a bit of brilliance from Guthrie to break them down.

We'd get creamed in the prem with this side, no ifs or buts about it. That's why whoever (if indeed anyone does) gets control will have a huuuuuuge job trying to re-establish NUFC as a proper football side.

You're thinking about it like a fan. You want to go up and stay up. I think Ashley had hoped to build a connection with the club and bring some success, but once that became impossible (by his own doing), he decided to run it without emotion as a business. He wants to rake in the TV money. The way to do that with minimum risk is to maintain a championship team, not a Premier league one. He'll be happy to get relegated again. Because you don't need to spend any money, but you do get Premier League income from the parachute. We also give him a Premier league crowd and shirt sales.

You're thinking about it like a fan. You want to go up and stay up. I think Ashley had hoped to build a connection with the club and bring some success, but once that became impossible (by his own doing), he decided to run it without emotion as a business. He wants to rake in the TV money. The way to do that with minimum risk is to maintain a championship team, not a Premier league one. He'll be happy to get relegated again. Because you don't need to spend any money, but you do get Premier League income from the parachute. We also give him a Premier league crowd and shirt sales.

Yes, I'm thinking it as a fan. I've always said that LardAsh wants his money back, and your theory probably does sound the best way of him achieving his aim - he is, after all, a gambling man so could well be doing exactly as you suggest.

I thought we were poor last night. Geremi was a joke and Guthrie wasn't great either ( Cept the goal ) Ranger was impressive though.

Guthrie looked better on the right but he struggled wide left. He's not a LW though. Think Lua Lua should have played to give us a bit of pace out wide (instead of Geremi).

I thought we were poor last night. Geremi was a joke and Guthrie wasn't great either ( Cept the goal ) Ranger was impressive though.

Guthrie looked better on the right but he struggled wide left. He's not a LW though. Think Lua Lua should have played to give us a bit of pace out wide (instead of Geremi).

TBH i was suprised Lua Lua wasn't playing instead of that moron. Of all the players who should be sold surely Geremi is up there?? Must be on 60k + a week, Maybe him playing was an advertising stunt for clubs....Not a good one after last night.

TBH i was suprised Lua Lua wasn't playing instead of that moron. Of all the players who should be sold surely Geremi is up there?? Must be on 60k + a week, Maybe him playing was an advertising stunt for clubs....Not a good one after last night.

To sell, you need a buyer. It applies to Geremi and the club ;)

Wasn't there a turkish side interested in Jan? There must be someone who would take him. Just a leech and doesn't seem interested in playing for the badge.

Wasn't there a turkish side interested in Jan? There must be someone who would take him. Just a leech and doesn't seem interested in playing for the badge.

Howay man, how would a Turkish side afford his wages? Likewise, why would he take a massive pay cut?

While i wouldnt miss him one bit, Geremi played well on the right on wednesday. I also think we are underestimating how well leicester played. I thought they seem to battle and run after everything. I also thought on another night some of our attacking moves and shots would have come off and we could have scored 4 or 5.

So, Leicester played really well but we could have had 4 or 5? OK ;)

They might kill for the current first team, but not squad - we don't have a 'squad'... ;)

While i wouldnt miss him one bit, Geremi played well on the right on wednesday. I also think we are underestimating how well leicester played. I thought they seem to battle and run after everything. I also thought on another night some of our attacking moves and shots would have come off and we could have scored 4 or 5.

So, Leicester played really well but we could have had 4 or 5? OK ;)

You know what i mean you cantankerous fucker!!!!

I don't actually since we never looked like breaking them down until Guthrie scored. Unless by 'on another night' you meant a night where we fielded a different side and played a lot better.