Ipswich Town 0-4 Newcastle United

The Fish

Smith isn't a striker anymore, in fact he was never much of one anyway, never really prolific

hes probably been our best player so far this season in the role he has taken on I think moving him would be a particularly stupid move

as stupid as playing butt and smith together in the centre of the park?

might sound crazy but putting our centre mids in the centre of midfield rather than upfront seems to make sense to me

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TEAMS

ITFC: Richard Wright, Liam Rosenior, Alex Bruce, Pim Balkestein, Damien Delaney, Carlos Edwards, Grant Leadbitter, Liam Trotter, Jack Colback, Tamas Priskin, Jon Walters

Subs: Arran Lee-Barrett, Lee Martin, Jaime Peters, Alan Quinn, Tommy Smith, Jon Stead, Pablo Counago

NUFC: Steve Harper, Zurab Khizanishvili, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Ryan Taylor, Nicky Butt ©, Alan Smith, Kevin Nolan, Nile Ranger, Andy Carroll

Subs: Tim Krul, Peter Lovenkrands, Ryan Donaldson, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Marlon Harewood, Ben Tozer, Haris Vuckic

Referee: Mike Jones

Attendance: tbc

Butt captain?

New defender starts at right back.

hadn't noticed the captaincy thing

it'll be a disgrace if he does have it, I've given smithy more than a fair share of shit sine we signed him but hes earned the armband this season

Smith isn't a striker anymore, in fact he was never much of one anyway, never really prolific

hes probably been our best player so far this season in the role he has taken on I think moving him would be a particularly stupid move

might sound crazy but putting our centre mids in the centre of midfield rather than upfront seems to make sense to me

so you agree with me then? smith up front and nolan in centre mid alongside butt.

smith has done well as a holding midfielder but i think if you asked him what sort of player he is, he'd say a striker that's being used in midfield rather than the other way around.

smith and butt together in cm seems way too defensive to me against the second bottom team in the league, even away from home.

and nolan isn't a striker either is he? smith has played more up front than nolan in his career surely

so you agree with me then? smith up front and nolan in centre mid alongside butt.

smith has done well as a holding midfielder but i think if you asked him what sort of player he is, he'd say a striker that's being used in midfield rather than the other way around.

smith and butt together in cm seems way too defensive to me against the second bottom team in the league, even away from home.

and nolan isn't a striker either is he? smith has played more up front than nolan in his career surely

no I don't how did you arrive at that conclusion?

I've not advocated playing nolan up front either, I think it should be nolan and smith in cm today with the strikers used as they are being

no I don't how did you arrive at that conclusion?

I've not advocated playing nolan up front either, I think it should be nolan and smith in cm today with the strikers used as they are being

ah, fair enough. my originally post was in reply to the suggested team sheet posted earlier in the thread which had butt and smith in the centre of the park and nolan playing as a second striker. looks like we we do agree after all. smith to start in the middle as long as butt isn't playing alongside him.

That mean Nolan on the left? :)

Or 4-3-3?

I think it means no out and out left sided player a sort of wonky midfield with raylor on the right and then 3 cms with nolan pushing on to support the front two a bit more