Channel Four Now

Guest Stevie

the police, fire and ambulance crews that worked on that day cannot get enough praise imo, for them to work through that and remain professional to the end.

HEROES ALL OF THEM

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Work as well. I was teaching back then. Had a lab going on in the back, I'd come up to my office to see if the Kings had traded for Jason Allison yet, and found a bunch of the news sites were down entirely. Went on a Kings messageboard I frequent and started hearing about the planes.

Told my fellow instructors I was going to tell the students they could go home or hang out and talk and listen to the news or whatever.

BTW, Kings ended up getting Allison, but their director of scouting and a scout were on flight 175 from Boston. Ace Bailey and Mark Bavis.

am-jersey-patch.gif

Weird day. I remember going by the grocery store on the way home from work and everyone was just kind of polite. Like everyone was holding doors open for each other and letting people with less items cut in front of them in line.

The 'War on Terror' is a never ending war though, or it will only end when most of your civil liberties have been eroded and to act freely is almost impossible. Can anyone genuinely think of a solution?

Already in the wake of 7/7 people can't take photos in London without getting looked upon suspiciously, people can't protest within a good distance of downing street, so on and so forth.

i went on a family holiday to Florida on the 10th sept the year after, we did not know what to do on the 11th with regards to greaving etc, spoke to the pool guy at the house and he invited us to a semi private service in his village, then after that we had the best party!! could not really grasp it but he said its the American way of sticking 2 fingers up to the terrorists,

The 'War on Terror' is a never ending war though, or it will only end when most of your civil liberties have been eroded and to act freely is almost impossible. Can anyone genuinely think of a solution?

Already in the wake of 7/7 people can't take photos in London without getting looked upon suspiciously, people can't protest within a good distance of downing street, so on and so forth.

Seems like you're trying to create an argument about nothing here. No-one has even commented on Iraq and Afghanistan apart from you.

Seems like you're trying to create an argument about nothing here. No-one has even commented on Iraq and Afghanistan apart from you.

I suppose the two are completely unrelated.

My mistake.

Exactly, and fuck them as far as I'm concerned anyway.

See that bloke that was just on there, "exterminate them, go to the Arab countries get rid of them all", I think it's a totally irrational thought many millions of people would've had that day.

See that bloke that was just on there, "exterminate them, go to the Arab countries get rid of them all", I think it's a totally irrational thought many millions of people would've had that day.

Aye nice one Stevie

Except he said 'all those Arab countries like Finland' :munch:

I suppose the two are completely unrelated.

My mistake.

The fact that 9/11 was tragic and unneccessary is totally unrelated to whatever followed. Even if Bush had sat at his desk and played Solitare for the following few years, it still would have been an abomination.

Aye nice one Stevie

We are fighting wars we can't win, the Mujahadeen turned the Russians over, or certainly played a creditable score draw, so what chance have we got. Iraq is supposedly getting better, but we went over there imposing democracy on people who had led backward nomad lives for centuries, no one asked the Iraqi's or the Taliban if they wanted democracy. They've got their way we've got ours. The whole thing is a miriad of problems, and it's come to our shores with a vengeance, so yeah wasting British lives is a waste of time and fuck them.

I was on the Metro on the way into town (I think it was Mark and Lard, but I'm not sure) they reported a terrible accident just as I was going into Jesmond station, by the time I regained signal it was two planes and a terrorist attack.

I just don't get why people go to lengths to mourn the American deaths when worse stuff is happening in the world even now.

Because it wasn't just Americans that died.

Plus it was the biggest loss of life caused by a non-state actor in human history.

I just don't get why people go to lengths to mourn the American deaths when worse stuff is happening in the world even now.

Well not so much just Americans but probably not far off, either way it was indiscriminate murder and I'm in no way defending but contrary to popular belief it's not the worst thing in the world.

What's going on in Afghanistan, Iraq and Darfur is in my opinion much much worse but nobody seems to give a toss.

Aye nice one Stevie

We are fighting wars we can't win, the Mujahadeen turned the Russians over, or certainly played a creditable score draw, so what chance have we got. Iraq is supposedly getting better, but we went over there imposing democracy on people who had led backward nomad lives for centuries, no one asked the Iraqi's or the Taliban if they wanted democracy. They've got their way we've got ours. The whole thing is a miriad of problems, and it's come to our shores with a vengeance, so yeah wasting British lives is a waste of time and fuck them.

America is the cuntest country in the world, it was looking for trouble and the Twin Towers just added fuel to the fire. Why didn't GWB go and invade Iraq before the Twin Towers? It had no reason to, then he used the excuse of, " they have weapons of mass destruction," those weapons of mass destruction that still remain to be found, mind you he found the oil without much hassle.

Well not so much just Americans but probably not far off, either way it was indiscriminate murder and I'm in no way defending but contrary to popular belief it's not the worst thing in the world.

What's going on in Afghanistan, Iraq and Darfur is in my opinion much much worse but nobody seems to give a toss.

tell that to the friends and familys of these

I think this is kind of missing the point isn't it?

You don't suddenly stop mourning one loss because worse things are happening elsewhere.

You're supposed to mourn all loss, you're supposed to remember every tragedy.

Saying "I don't see why we should mourn a, because nobodies mourning b" is pointless and is only ever going to cause division and argument.

tell that to the friends and familys of these

I'm honestly more concerned about British casualties in the middle east, whilst trying to maintain a support for the troops and at the same time wondering why they are there.

I'm not really overly bothered about 9/11 casualties, I was at the time but I must admit it doesn't mean much to me now.

You don't suddenly stop mourning one loss because worse things are happening elsewhere.

Saying "I don't see why we should mourn a, because nobodies mourning b" is pointless and is only ever going to cause division and argument.

Great point, and I expected it to be honest off many on here.

It's not so much that as it irritates me, the level of hypocrisy it brings out in people is unreal and I reckon a lot of the time it's just because the media shove it in your face, you're ''supposed'' to commemorate 9/11.

I just don't buy into the entire thing.

It's not just about the deaths or the buildings or the destruction that occured on that date though, it's about how the 9th November has shaped everything that has followed. From the wars in arid desert countries to the increasing curbs on our civil liberties at home, that handful of Muslims with box cutter knifes and a suicidal determination to inflict some pain on the West changed the world in the most catastrophic way.