KEVIN KEEGAN SEEKS £10m FROM NEWCASTLE

Christmas Tree

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if people will still claim Keegan a hero when we have to sell our remaining half-decent players to pay this bottler off.

Sima looking for attention again, like a spoilt bairn you porridge wog cunt.

What's a porridge wog? :)

Alan Oliver

Kevin Keegan and Toon owner Mike Ashley will finally come face to face tomorrow in a bid to sort out the former Newcastle chief's compensation claim.

Keegan, who left St James' Park a year ago, is claiming £8million for constructive dismissal while Ashley has put in a counter-claim of £2m for breach of contact - and talks to find a middle ground have failed.

Tomorrow a Premier League arbitration panel will sit in judgement, with fears that the dispute could even go to the High Court.

Advertisement

The hearing comes with Ashley apparently no nearer selling the club.

Keegan's £8m claim, Newcastle's overdraft facility with Barclays Bank, and the massive £60,000-a-week players like Alan Smith, Joey Barton and Geremi are on at St James' Park have been put forward as three of the main reasons why Ashley has not be able to sell Newcastle for £100m.

The longer it tales for Ashley to flog the club, the longer Toon legend Alan Shearer is left in limbo.

Shearer is said still to be desperate to manage the club, but last night former Southampton star Matt Le Tissier revealed that Big Al was ready to turn his back on Toon and become Southampton boss - just like we told you back in April.

Le Tiss, who headed a consortium bidding to buy the League One side, confirmed Shearer was in line for the job.

Le Tissier said: "We spoke to Alan, Kevin, Ian Dowie and Gordon Strachan and not all were keen. Gordon wanted to rest after leaving Celtic.

"But Alan and Kevin were both keen and if we had succeeded in our bid who knows what would have happened?"

If this was involving any other club, I guarantee those who claim Keegan is a money-pinching bottler would claim he was only fighting for what he was entitled to.

I wish it didn't mean that it could possibly cost the club £10m but for fuck's sake, he is, sadly, entitled to it.

If he's not and that everything they say was in his contract actually was there, then it's an admission they're a bunch of lying cunts for telling us (via the press) that KK had the final say on transfers before this all kicked off.

Regardless of the outcome, our name is being dragged through the shit again. THAT's what I don't like and for that I blame Ashley, not Keegan. He had the chance to put it right 12 months ago. Waited another 7 months before dispensing with Wise though, didn't he?

So everyone that slates Keegan is an attention seeker now?

Stupid fucking dwarf :)

Fuck off back to NO Sima you fucking dullard.

So predictable.

I'd be suprised if you could tie your own shoelaces seen as you're so devoid of even the most basic brain functions.

If this was involving any other club, I guarantee those who claim Keegan is a money-pinching bottler would claim he was only fighting for what he was entitled to.

I wish it didn't mean that it could possibly cost the club £10m but for fuck's sake, he is, sadly, entitled to it.

If he's not and that everything they say was in his contract actually was there, then it's an admission they're a bunch of lying cunts for telling us (via the press) that KK had the final say on transfers before this all kicked off.

Regardless of the outcome, our name is being dragged through the shit again. THAT's what I don't like and for that I blame Ashley, not Keegan. He had the chance to put it right 12 months ago. Waited another 7 months before dispensing with Wise though, didn't he?

Alan Curbishley?

Yeah, he's entitled to fuck all either

I wish I could leave my job in a childish strop and pocket £10m. Not to mention the same job I left in a childish strop 11 years ago. Gullible bastards, I could just take, take, take.

It's up to the court (or panel - aren't cases of constructive dismissal done in front of a panel in a private room somewhere ?) to decide who's right - if it actually gets that far. If the two parties come to an agreement, then we will just have to make our own minds up about the rights and wrongs. As to the sum of money, well that's just modern football i.e. astronomical salaries being paid.

If it does go in to a court/panel and they decide in favour of Keegan then he will be, quite rightly, entitled to all of his monies owed (or maybe the court/panel can determine the penalties the wronged party must forfeit ? - it's been so long since I 'studied' this stuff).

Alan Curbishley?

I wish I could leave my job in a childish strop and pocket £10m. Not to mention the same job I left in a childish strop 11 years ago. Gullible bastards, I could just take, take, take.

fuckin barrel of laughs you are Sima.

Alan Curbishley?

fuckin barrel of laughs you are Sima.

Barrel of shite more like.

Alan Curbishley?

Given the fact you've been a contrary fucker from day one on this board, I'm not in the least bit surprised by your opinion.

He can't really win with people who are against him because if he hadn't took the action they'd probably have said it proves he quit without a good enough reason. Now he's 'suing the club he supposed to love'. I don't really see it like as it's between him and Ashley. I thought it would be settled out of court in any case though but it'll be interesting to see what emerges if it actually does all become public.

He can't really win with people who are against him because if he hadn't took the action they'd probably have said it proves he quit without a good enough reason. Now he's 'suing the club he supposed to love'. I don't really see it like as it's between him and Ashley. I thought it would be settled out of court in any case though but it'll be interesting to see what emerges if it actually does all become public.

Don't think Messrs Cshley and Co. want a big court action where they are made to look evil.

The point about him coming back isn't really worth discussing unless someone else buys the club but I think it's probably time to move on anyway. You never know with this place mind.

Edited by alex

Two things: I can't imagine it was his first job offer in those 3 years or so out the game and he could have just just sat on his contract and pocketed the cash.

Edited by alex