Parky fixes football.

Park Life

Refs seem to have less and less scope to use their own discretion imo.

Really? do expand.

I might be wrong but there seems to be more uniform guidelines about what should constitute a red card or a booking and all the decisions made are increasingly coming under more and more scrutiny. I've never actually heard it suggested before that refs have more discretion to employ commonsense or whatever you want to call it than used to be the case. What did you have in mind?

I think you see alot more "playing on" this season which isnt a bad thing when used in moderation but refs seem to use it to their descretion now or to hide away from making BIG decisions.

If theres a foul...blow up unless it is imidst a passage of play where the attacking team have a CLEAR advantage not just to see where the ball goes.

Shirt pulling, challenging the keeper and so on are decisions that should be stone walled not down to the descretion of the ref...either its a foul or it isnt.

Really? do expand.

I might be wrong but there seems to be more uniform guidelines about what should constitute a red card or a booking and all the decisions made are increasingly coming under more and more scrutiny. I've never actually heard it suggested before that refs have more discretion to employ commonsense or whatever you want to call it than used to be the case. What did you have in mind?

The perfect system for refereeing would encapsulate consistency and common sense

Unfortunately this will never happen as these 2 basic requirements often conflict with each other

Really? do expand.

I think you see alot more "playing on" this season which isnt a bad thing when used in moderation but refs seem to use it to their descretion now or to hide away from making BIG decisions.

If theres a foul...blow up unless it is imidst a passage of play where the attacking team have a CLEAR advantage not just to see where the ball goes.

Shirt pulling, challenging the keeper and so on are decisions that should be stone walled not down to the descretion of the ref...either its a foul or it isnt.

I don't really think we're talking about the same thing. But if refs have been told to play the advantage more that's something they've actually been told to do rather than using their own discretion, i.e. a directive/guideline or whatever you want to call it. Not really sure what you mean about the 2nd bit either in relation to it showing refs have more power to exercise discretion. :huh:

Edited by alex

I got slated the last time I said this, but I'll say it again: Have physios coming on to the pitch like they do in Rugby League so the game can continue. Too many times footballers feign injury getting the game stopped for nothing - IT GETS ON MY FUCKIN TITS :lol: If it is indeed a serious injury, the ref will become aware fairly soon in order to stop the game for a legitimate reason.

Extra time Multi ball

3 points for a goal.

Music over the P.A system when a goal is scored.

Cheer leaders.

Half time competitions to win £1000 by kicking the ball into a certain part of an advertisement strung up on the net.

No wage caps.

No transfer caps.

15 point awards to clubs owned by Arab Sheiks.

15 point fines to club support whom do not carry inflatable bananas.

:lol:

I think it was SLP who a while ago said one of the most sensible things talked about in that they should play all time added on at the end of the game not each half, that way players time wasting in the 1st half could come back to haunt them in the 2nd.

Goal-line and instant replay technology used by officials.

I'd hate it.

It's class when the wrong decision pisses off the big boys.

Human error is part of the game, and one of the charms of it. In boxing it's even worse, you can watch a big fight, see it go to points and think that cunt battered the other cunt, then you see the points and the other cunt wins. There was a fight the other week, where the result should've been 120-108 on the card anyone could see it, but it was a draw I think, Frank Maloney the promoter had a heart attack with rage ringside, it's all good fun I think.