Beta blockers

Southern Geordie

Got my presentation tomorrow. Went to the docs last week and they said similar to what you've all been saying. As it's a one off she gave me 2... a test one for tonight to see if anything goes wrong and one for the real gig tomorrow.

save em both for tomorrow. :icon_lol:

Got my presentation tomorrow. Went to the docs last week and they said similar to what you've all been saying. As it's a one off she gave me 2... a test one for tonight to see if anything goes wrong and one for the real gig tomorrow.

Where's Fish?

He should have called you a dick by now. You haven't even got a hangover.

Good luck.

Hes too busy warming his hands up. I think we need to bring back national service, the worlds gone gay! Can you imagine 30 years ago if you had gone to the GP and asked for some pills cos you were nervous about a talk you had to do :icon_lol:

Hes too busy warming his hands up. I think we need to bring back national service, the worlds gone gay! Can you imagine 30 years ago if you had gone to the GP and asked for some pills cos you were nervous about a talk you had to do :icon_lol:

I'm with you, KD.

Get a fuckin' grip. You're just talking to some people ffs. Pills potions etc etc etc. What's the world coming to ?? ;) ;) ;)

Was best man a while back and wasn't that bothered about it until every wanker I spoke to asked 'are you nervous, you got your speech ready?', this went on for about two weeks before and would be the first words anyone said to me when I seen them. Luckily for me I'm cooler than the other side of the pillow and pulled it off with ease, that was in front of about 60 people though and I don't really want to do it again.

if you make a joke about nerves at the start it will relax you and everyone will give you a tad more sympathy.

have a glass of water

it is okay to pause.

try and lighthouse the room, look all over and occassionally make eye contact.

use friendly faces when you find them

dont stand totally still

dont move around too much

include something amusing if you are confident they will get it

people are generally on your side tbf.

EVERYONE feels nervous doing it, not everyone has the courage to get up there and do it.

good luck.