The Guitar Thread

Tom

I've fallen in love with Duesenberg guitars. :lol: Showed my lass one yesterday and she just goes "Ah it's not that much more than the one you've got."

I think she thinks all guitars cost 2 grand. A wonderful development. 

36 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've fallen in love with Duesenberg guitars. :lol: Showed my lass one yesterday and she just goes "Ah it's not that much more than the one you've got."

They're ace like, they've got a couple of new models, the Paloma is super cool.

dpa_galerie_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Aye they're lush.

Apparently some guitar shops will print receipts for people intent on lying to their partners :lol: 

Josh Smith on That Pedal Show this week, absolute monster of a player

They've been recording a show with Graham Coxon this week which I'm looking forward to as well.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Aye, he does apologise for it a bit into the video :lol: 

:lol: Good. Cos honestly it borderline spoils the video for me at times. I feel bad for Josh Smith. He handles it well to be fair. 

Unbelievable player btw. Him and Ariel Posen must have been a good show. 

I had 13s on my Cabronita Telecaster trying to squeeze a bit of a SRV sound out of it....never again.

A lot of the time the concept of thicker strings is utter shite anyway. it's what a lot of pro musicians are comfortable with and that's fair enough but a lot of the time these guys also have rare, insanely expensive amps as well. Perfectly set up...

I think Joe Bonamassa uses pretty thick strings live but he's been playing since he was 4 :lol: 

The closest I got that I actually enjoyed was Ernie Ball 'skinny top/heavy bottoms' which were pretty cool.

A model pro. 

This was the set up tonight...making synth sounds on an old Casiotone. It sounded mental as fuck...so much so that I played for hours and missed the boxing.

IMG_8725.JPG

• Like 1

Got myself a Boss DS-1 with the voucher (and a bit of my own dollar).

Its standard but I literally don't own a sensible drive pedal. I've never owned a sensible one in fact. Gonna use this primarily with the Marshall Class 5 as it's only got one channel.

IMG_8752.JPG

I don't really do exercises anymore I suppose....perhaps I should?

Really impressed by the DS-1 by the way. Will report back later if needs be. :lol:

It's pretty easy to dial in classic sounds or even if you do something random it sounds familiar. I've only had it through the Orange at the moment so I'll be interested to see how it works through the Marshall Class 5, which is basically the amp I bought it for.

I've got high hopes anyway...

Yeh I'm hoping so. My problem with the class 5 is that it's scandalously loud.

My other amps are comfortable at reasonably low volumes but the C5 really shifts the air & the low end is fucking mental. If it goes above 2 the entire street will hear it. 

It feels as though they missed the point a bit, unless you live on a farm :lol: