Football posts are boring now

LeazesMag

.....now that everybody realises that the Halls and Shepherd weren't so bad after all.

On the contrary mu dear friend. Ashley's levels of shitness haven't suddenly made Shepherd a latter day saint in the same way they haven't done the same for Forbes, Seymour, Westwood, etc.

SJH can fuck off for me as well... I put the 90s revival down to Keegan, not him - yes he provided the reddies but that'd never have happened if KK hadn't threatened to walk after the Swindon game. And since he's sold out to Ashley, he's done nowt but defend him... fucking idiot!

.....now that everybody realises that the Halls and Shepherd weren't so bad after all.

On the contrary mu dear friend. Ashley's levels of shitness haven't suddenly made Shepherd a latter day saint in the same way they haven't done the same for Forbes, Seymour, Westwood, etc.

SJH can fuck off for me as well... I put the 90s revival down to Keegan , not him - yes he provided the reddies but that'd never have happened if KK hadn't threatened to walk after the Swindon game. And since he's sold out to Ashley, he's done nowt but defend him... fucking idiot!

spot on and has always been my argument. The irony is that SJH gets the credit for appointing him when he was the only one of the 4 main directors at the time who didn't want him and wanted to keep Ardiles !!!!

If Freddie Shepherd had've done to Newcastle what Ashley has I have no doubt he'd be forced to live in exile, absolutely no doubt.

I've never hated FFS, there's a charm about him, you don't want him running your football club, but you wouldn't mind him as a mate.

shepherd_meg.jpg

The Peoples Champion.

It was the Halls and Shepherds who got us into this mess in the first place. :D

thats the bottom line as far as I can see....Ashley crapped it mainly when he found out how much debt shep had run up.....we hadn't been living within our means for years,but had done fairly well when shep tried to reign it in a bit under Sir Bob (the summer we signed only Lee Bowyer on a fee) but then went fuckin mental letting Souness spend stupid money.There was probabaly always going to be a financial reckoning around now for NUFC, but that still doesnt excuse Ashley from being a complete cunt :rolleyes:

It was the Halls and Shepherds who got us into this mess in the first place. :D

thats the bottom line as far as I can see....Ashley crapped it mainly when he found out how much debt shep had run up.....we hadn't been living within our means for years,but had done fairly well when shep tried to reign it in a bit under Sir Bob (the summer we signed only Lee Bowyer on a fee) but then went fuckin mental letting Souness spend stupid money.There was probabaly always going to be a financial reckoning around now for NUFC, but that still doesnt excuse Ashley from being a complete cunt :rolleyes:

sorry to piss on your chips, but you aren't the only person to miss this point, presumably because it suits you for some reason.

What if the money spunked by Souness hadn't been available during the summer of 2003 ?

[We DID sign Woodgate in the January, in advance of the summer a fact which I have also pointed out before]

It was the Halls and Shepherds who got us into this mess in the first place. :huh:

tbf to Fatty #1 not selling to Fatty #2 wasnt really an option due to the Halls already screwing him over.

I was on about the state of the club's finances when they sold it. Fatty #2 has to share the blame though for not checking it out before he bought though.