45m Euro lottery won by someone in North Shields

Lazarus

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just said on the news that it has been confirmed as a couple form Newport, and a group of IT workers from Liverpool (sorry Stevie')

Well I'd rather that than the first double roll over winner in 1994. A Pakistani man from Blackburn who kept working in his shops and didn't even drink. £17m to do fuck all with it oh dear........even when he wants to. Building a community centre for muslims who don't approve of western culture and the ethics behind the lottery, well why people who hold those values fuckin here???? If the below doesn't sum everything up someone tell me what does.....

April 28, 2007

Muslims shun project funded by lottery

Ruth Gledhill, Religion Correspondent

Recommend?

An unfinished community centre for use by Muslims has become a rat-infested eyesore, shunned by the people it was intended to serve because it was funded by a Muslim lottery winner.

The skeletal framework of the community centre in the Bastwell area of Blackburn, Lancashire, has been rotting and abandoned for eight years after a £300,000 donation from Britain’s first lottery millionaire.

Mukhtar Mohidin, from Blackburn, won £17.9 million in 1994. But his attempts to give something back to his community have proved fruitless, after a dispute broke out among local Muslims, who said that the centre had been built using “filthy money” because Islam does not allow gambling.

The community centre scheme was led by the nearby Masjid Al Momineen Mosque, which has been unable to raise the £400,000 pounds needed to finish the building because of opposition from Muslims in the area.

The Lancashire Council of Mosques said that the mosque was unable to obtain donations because gambling is prohibited by the Koran.

Andy Kay, a local councillor in charge of regenerating the borough, said that the centre was likely to stay in its current state until someone bought the building for another purpose.

An Islamic study centre had been given planning permission, but approval was later obtained for a community centre once the involvement of Mr Mohidin, who became known as Mr Millions, was announced. He paid for the steel work and foundations but the project ground to a halt after those sections were completed in late 1998.

A member of the mosque’s committee said that it was applying for European funding and hoped that work could restart early next year.

He said: “There have been a lot of delays but we are trying to get the money. We have never been out to anyone from the Muslim community to ask for money. It would be a community centre for everyone, not just Muslims.”

But Salim Mulla, secretary of the Lancashire Council of Mosques, said that when money was needed for projects, mosques across the country would be approached.

He said: “Because they accepted lottery money, they have been classed as outcasts, so now no mosque will work with them.

“They are unable to get the money from Muslim communities, which is why it is at a standstill. They are not going to be able to get any money. That is their dilemma.”

Mr Mulla said that he was responsible for coordinating collections at the mosque which he attends, and that he would not have allowed money to be collected for this scheme.

He said: “As Muslims we are not allowed to accept money from gambling. Clean money is what people have worked for, not got from gambling, betting or the lottery.

“The management committee at that time decided to take the money but the consequences were that everybody in the UK got to find out about it. Because they accepted the money it looked very, very bad throughout the UK and also in Muslim areas of the world.”

Taj Ahmed, whose takeaway food outlet overlooks the site, said: “We have been having problems with rats. Because it used to be housing, there are drains underneath it.”

He added: “It doesn’t make a good impression for customers coming here. At the end of the day, something needs doing about it.”

God forbid a pakistani should win the lottery :lol:

Only English people should be allowed to buy a ticket

carrollPA130706_228x333.jpg

How do you find the time to hate so many different cultures, races, creeds Stevie?

How can you HATE people you have never met? You should judge everybody individually. It's very easy to gain a collective view about most cultures and creeds though. If you are a devout muslim, you shouldn't be buying lottery tickets because it's against your religion and ethics. You especially shouldn't deprive someone who could enjoy the money, by sitting in a corner shop with £17m in the bank, seems all wrong to me.

How do you find the time to hate so many different cultures, races, creeds Stevie?

How can you HATE people you have never met? You should judge everybody individually. It's very easy to gain a collective view about most cultures and creeds though. If you are a devout muslim, you shouldn't be buying lottery tickets because it's against your religion and ethics. You especially shouldn't deprive someone who could enjoy the money, by sitting in a corner shop with £17m in the bank, seems all wrong to me.

Fuckin third world economic refugee Croat cunt. I wouldn't trust none of those slavic cunts, you can see in their eyes they are evil people, Croatians/Serbians all the same they are savages and it's the same all the way to India from there. Look what happened at Vukovar the cunts. They are robots, same as the Russians as well. She needs bitch slapping, maybe this is a shit thing to say but it's better to find out her true colours while you're still a young virile lad than if you got to 40 having wasted the best years of your life with someone who does this with nothing more than a ecomomic asylum seeker from a former war ravaged bandit country

:rolleyes:

Aye but winning the lottery and doing nowt with the proceeds is hardly unique to muslims is it? If you're willing to expand the sentiment to all people, including Mrs Smith who continues her cleaning job, then I'm with you.

Aye but winning the lottery and doing nowt with the proceeds is hardly unique to muslims is it? If you're willing to expand the sentiment to all people, including Mrs Smith who continues her cleaning job, then I'm with you.

No absolutely I agree whole heartedly.

and your response to my post. . . ?

My official response is Fuck off you utter bell end of mass proportions, best not divulge the unofficial one.

My official response is Fuck off you utter bell end of mass proportions, best not divulge the unofficial one.

Typical response to someone caught out. You should be a spin doctor for Nick Griffin

Typical response to someone caught out. You should be a spin doctor for Nick Griffin

You're a cock doctor, no wonder you're despised on here, it doesn't bother you though does it?

You're a cock doctor, no wonder you're despised on here, it doesn't bother you though does it?

He's just an utter tool of a lad, I'd love to meet him, or even better play football against him. He's beneath everyone here as far as I'm concerned. You can't change some people though, they can't be changed.

And what would you do exactly I wonder :lol: You two are as bad as each other tbh

You know where I live if you were that desperate to do something about it

Desperate to do something about what?? I can't change who you are. "You know where I live" :rolleyes: oh dear. 1) How the fuck would I know where you live 2) pipe down 3) shhh

'Id love to meet him' implies you would do something when you meet me, non?

You offered me out before iirc?

I live in CLS, no secret. If your that fucking desperate to prove your manliness to me let me know in a pm and you can come round and get whatever it is you need to get off your chest

'Id love to meet him' implies you would do something when you meet me, non?

You offered me out before iirc?

I live in CLS, no secret. If your that fucking desperate to prove your manliness to me let me know in a pm and you can come round and get whatever it is you need to get off your chest

:lol: Whenever I see "last post by Kid Dynamite" I always have a deep feeling that the post I'm about to read is going to be pathetic and empty, I'm never disappointed.

Thought as much, pipe down then Alf Garnett if youre just going to make idle threats

For a kid who's never drunk or done drugs your paranoia is remarkable. "I would like to meet....." is that a threat?

If I was as anal as craig id trawl the forum for the number of posts you have made stating things like, id love to meet him, say it to my face, il love to give you a crack blah blah blah.

Itd be no use playing football against me anyway, youd have to catch me before you could kick me :lol:

If I was as anal as craig id trawl the forum for the number of posts you have made stating things like, id love to meet him, say it to my face, il love to give you a crack blah blah blah.

Itd be no use playing football against me anyway, youd have to catch me before you could kick me :lol:

I've still got a turn of foot, I'm not the 11.5 second 100m player I used to be but I don't kick players and am not dirty, never have been.

I've never once threatened you so why lie? Saying you would like to meet them isn't threatening them.