Newcastle to complete transfer of Sheffield United ace

Craig

Matt Kilgallon is on the verge of joining Newcastle from Sheffield United.

The Championship leaders were in negotiations with the Blades last night about taking the

25-year-old defender on loan, ahead of a full transfer in January.

Kilgallon, rated at £5m, has attracted interest from several top-flight outfits clubs. But the Blades look like having to take a cut following the collapse of contract talks.

Source: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newca...icle232715.html

The 5M is bullshot. The rest is possibly true.

He can leave for nothing in the summer, so they may try to sell him off now for a million. If they think they're going to get a million out of Ashley when he's already got the 'best defense' in the league they're having a joke. We'll no doubt try to sign in the summer, or get him here on loan now (if Sheffiedl don't want to keep paying the wages of a player who will be leaving) and then sign him permanently then.

Remember 3 years ago when people were complaining that we were linked with Anelka?

Can't say I do actually. And wyki, is it just because he plays for a Yorkshire club or is he really shite? :D

The 5M is bullshot. The rest is possibly true.

He can leave for nothing in the summer, so they may try to sell him off now for a million. If they think they're going to get a million out of Ashley when he's already got the 'best defense' in the league they're having a joke. We'll no doubt try to sign in the summer, or get him here on loan now (if Sheffiedl don't want to keep paying the wages of a player who will be leaving) and then sign him permanently then.

I could easily see him coming in as replacement for Taylor though.

Remember 3 years ago when people were complaining that we were linked with Anelka?

Can't say I do actually. And wyki, is it just because he plays for a Yorkshire club or is he really shite? :D

I remember that, was around the time Owen was signed when Souness was here.

"troublemaker" "brothers a spacker" etc.

I know we were linked with him then but that was over 4 years ago.

3 years and 2 months....

I wouldn't touch Anelka with yours.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=190829

3 years and 2 months....

Wasn't the consensus at that time (after Owen was clearly not the player he'd once been following Germany '06 and after Anelka's good season at Bolton) that he'd be a good signing?

3 years and 2 months....

Wasn't the consensus at that time (after Owen was clearly not the player he'd once been following Germany '06 and after Anelka's good season at Bolton) that he'd be a good signing?

Aye.

People were still against him thiough.

There wouldn't be much debate around it now if he declared an interest.

3 years and 2 months....

Aye.

People were still against him thiough.

There wouldn't be much debate around it now if he declared an interest.

Point taken.

I'll be honest i know jack shit about the lad, but assuming he's half decent and out of contract soon, it can't be a bad deal IF we can get him on loan with a view to an essentially pretty cheap full time deal down the line.

What always worries you with Ashley is that enybody we are linked with (true or false) is going to be a replacement for somebody the fat cunt shouldn't be selling in the first place.

All our Prem quality players will have been sold by the time we get back in to that league. We'll have a team full of the sort of players that those wanky prem new comer teams we used to laugh at had, the Birminghams, Hulls, Stokes, etc. To survive we'd need a new Keegler and a massive transfer budget, otherwise it'll be yo-yo time for us for sure!

Always thought he looked decent, one of those who likes the ball at his feet but is strong and quick too. The mirrors valuation of 5mil is exactly that... the mirrors valuation when in reality he is probably worth 1.5mil tops as he is out of contract soon.

I think getting him in is a very good move and imo if he was to be lined up as a replacement for anyone id think it would be coloccini, which although he has looked better this season, id be in favour of.

An all english centreback pairing can only be good rite? Plus Kilgannon looked decent in the prem where as coloccini was gash.

But....this is newcastle...just wait and see what happens.

Edited by Geordie Lad...