The good and bad takeaways of Newcastle & Gateshead

ajax_andy

I live in Ryton and seem to find it hard to find a decent Chinese takeaway.

So I thought i'd create a thread where everyone can recommend takeaways to go to or avoid due to bad experiences from where they live.

Where would you recommend in your area, and where gave you an arse like a hose pipe?

Recommended:

Stargate Chippy in Ryton

Avoid:

Loon Wah in Prudhoe - Got served by a heroin addict and the food was rank

Rainbow Garden in Newburn - Food tasted ok but i have a spastic stomach today

Has anyone noticed that a lt of takeaways (more now than ever before) ae using processed beef and chicken.

Wor lass was whinging the other day about her chicken in her chicken curry and I must admit it was impossible to identify just what part of the chicken it came from - it was neither leg nor breast.

Same as the beef, just stringy shit.

Obviously the quality is suffering as recession bites.

I'll stick to King Prawn vinda or make my own.

Has anyone noticed that a lt of takeaways (more now than ever before) ae using processed beef and chicken.

Wor lass was whinging the other day about her chicken in her chicken curry and I must admit it was impossible to identify just what part of the chicken it came from - it was neither leg nor breast.

Yep I've noticed that with chicken... Doesnt have a very chickeny texture to it. I usually go for house special and get a bit of everything as I couldn't handle something with just that weird chicken in it!

You fiery devil you! :razz:

Eastern Meadow in Jesmond is nice for Chinese. The Curry Garden in Gateshead is good. Spence Terrace Chop suet is a good Chinese in N Shields as is The Phoenix (think that's more Whitley).

Aramee in N Shields is good for a curry.

Eastern Meadow in Jesmond is nice for Chinese. The Curry Garden in Gateshead is good. Spence Terrace Chop suet is a good Chinese in N Shields as is The Phoenix (think that's more Whitley).

Aramee in N Shields is good for a curry.

The recession really is biting hard down the coast.

I reckon most Indian takeaways are virtually the same. Once you make your own, an Indian takeaway pales into insignificance iyam.

If you have 45 mins of your life to waste, try Whitley Lodge Tandoori (formerly the Kushum Bag), as it takes them fuckin' aaaages to make up your order. You can, however, go across to the pub (Kittiwake) for a couple whilst you wait (be warned, though, the Kittiwake is so fucking boring that you may want to hang yourself as a result of going in there).

I've noticed that like with chicken. I won't eat it if I can't tell what it is.

Thing is, how can these guys seriously make a profit, especially after delivery? A couple of good quality chicken breasts should cost at least 3 or 4 quid? I prefer to make my own nowadays, be interested to know if anyone has any recommendations for a reassuringly expensive takeaway on the coast!

Treasure Express at Bells Close would deliver over to Brighton, biggest portions anyones ever seen. They do chow mein like the thin noodles if you ask for them, like the authetic chinkies eat. Their curry is fantastic too.

The Clay Over Curry House at Chapel House is fantastic, proper chicken as well, massive chunks about 20 quid for two o yiz but well worth it.

They will be using frozen halal chicken breast, the reason it looks nowt like chicken is because it is pumped with water to make the breasts bigger. When cooked it has little 'bubble' holes in the meat where the excess water was frozen- looks like processed shite- horrible.

In Forest Hall, The Taste of India is superb- it's a 'sitty doon' that does takeaway. Last time I used it there was no delivery service. It is licensed though, so you can have a pint while you wait.

For a Rinkys, the Joy King, about 3 doors along from the Taste of India is good without being outstanding- does derively too.

They will be using frozen halal chicken breast, the reason it looks nowt like chicken is because it is pumped with water to make the breasts bigger. When cooked it has little 'bubble' holes in the meat where the excess water was frozen- looks like processed shite- horrible.

In Forest Hall, The Taste of India is superb- it's a 'sitty doon' that does takeaway. Last time I used it there was no delivery service. It is licensed though, so you can have a pint while you wait.

For a Rinkys, the Joy King, about 3 doors along from the Taste of India is good without being outstanding- does derively too.

Service is absolutely terrible like. Stopped going. Still get the odd takeaway from there though. Joy King does ridiculously big portions. There's a good one in Burradon (aka Dodge City) that does deliveries. It's called the Spice Garden. Really nice curries and it's a bit different too.

Service is absolutely terrible like. Stopped going. Still get the odd takeaway from there though. Joy King does ridiculously big portions. There's a good one in Burradon (aka Dodge City) that does deliveries. It's called the Spice Garden. Really nice curries and it's a bit different too.

Aye, you do wait a while .

Might don the body armour and give Burradons finest a try Alex. :razz:

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Fuck that shit. Get them to deliver.

Fuck that shit. Get them to deliver.

A cunning plan there Alex. :P

Does your surname begin with B?

Treasure Express at Bells Close would deliver over to Brighton, biggest portions anyones ever seen. They do chow mein like the thin noodles if you ask for them, like the authetic chinkies eat. Their curry is fantastic too.

The Clay Over Curry House at Chapel House is fantastic, proper chicken as well, massive chunks about 20 quid for two o yiz but well worth it.

Agree about the clay oven like. They do brilliant curry pizzas. Chicken chat pizza is fantastic!

Nah. I live in Forest Hall though. From 'Burrie' originally :razz:

So, you could be related?

baldrick.jpg

I didn't get what you meant at first there :P

Anyway, nearly everyone in Burradon is related :P

Nah. I live in Forest Hall though. From 'Burrie' originally :razz:

So, you could be related?

baldrick.jpg

I didn't get what you meant at first there :P

Anyway, nearly everyone in Burradon is related :P

True, I was talking to a lad in the Halfway House who was his own brother.

Nah. I live in Forest Hall though. From 'Burrie' originally :P

Used to be a good chippy in Palmersville. The Chinees in FH was pretty rank as I remember (the one up near the school) though he did sell mars bars :razz: