Newsworthy?

Kid Dynamite

On a dark and gloomy winter's morning it takes more effort than usual to get out of bed.

But two schoolboys in south-west London have been given medals for a particular type of determination - not missing a day of school for five years.

Kingston upon Thames gives a medal to pupils with 100% attendance - and Ryan Arnold and Alexander Mackie have achieved this five years in a row.

But they have yet to match a 10-year record set in east London in the 1890s.

Truancy has been a problem that has been stubbornly difficult to tackle in local authorities across England - with only limited gains from increasingly tough penalties.

I think I managed 3 or 4 years without a day off like. People seem to see sickies as a right these days. The fact that 2 kids went 5 years without taking a day off is hardly national news imo. There must be thousands of kids who have managed the same

A bloke at work retired recently, turns out he hadnt had a days sick in the last 34 years.

Now thats just wrong, theres no way this bloke hasnt caught colds or flu or the squits, all hes done is give it to another dozen people by coming in.

Some people just don't need time off work.

I've only had three days off in the last 7 years or so.

Once I had the shits that cleared up just before i went to work but took the day off.

the 2nd and 3rd was due to me having cold sores all round my mouth after someone said aftershave was a good way to clear it up. ;)

Not took a day off for 4 years now. :( I don't normally get the cold or the flu either. But then i'm a country loon. :o

A bloke at work retired recently, turns out he hadnt had a days sick in the last 34 years.

Now thats just wrong, theres no way this bloke hasnt caught colds or flu or the squits, all hes done is give it to another dozen people by coming in.

Typical civil service attitude ;)

Some people just don't need time off work.

I've only had three days off in the last 7 years or so.

Once I had the shits that cleared up just before i went to work but took the day off.

the 2nd and 3rd was due to me having cold sores all round my mouth after someone said aftershave was a good way to clear it up. ;)

Not took a day off for 4 years now. :o I don't normally get the cold or the flu either. But then i'm a loony cunt. ;)

FYP :(