They're letting me out of the country

The Fish

Someone told me it was a good read..........................

57253[/snapback]

You should give it a go sometime, preferably before you start making comments about it on message boards that you subsequently fail to back up when challenged. :lol:

Depends what sort of thing you're looking for obviously

Personally been reading a bit of John Gribbons books, which are interesting and easy enough to read if you like popular science. His recent one on chaos and simplicity is exceedingly good as is his history of science.

Fiction wise, if you want something Da Vinci code esque then Rule of Four isn't bad. Chris Brookmyre's books are exceptional in my opinion if want humourous (don't look terribly high brow though) or Brett Easton Ellis' new one is supposed to be quite good, haven't got that one read yet though.

Doesn't a flight to France last about half an hour?  What's the point in getting a book?

57374[/snapback]

From Dover you mean? :lol: Paris - Newcastle is about 1 hr 30 mins I think. He just wants a book to look clever though tbh.

I'm sure they sell international papers like Le Monde at the airport. Failing that the good old Guardian should do the trick in giving GF the image he desires. Cheaper than a book, and they have pictures too. :lol:

I'm sure they sell international papers like Le Monde at the airport. Failing that the good old Guardian should do the trick in giving GF the image he desires. Cheaper than a book, and they have pictures too.  :lol:

57413[/snapback]

Le Monde - aye - ad the first Frog he meets asks him to look up the runners & riders at 14:30 in Bois de Boulogne in froggish

Just to clear a few things up quickly

you're all bastards,

I've been to paris plenty of times before, , I meant I'd never used the summary function before. ( iwas a little tired and emotional when I tapped out that post.)

I like the city, but cannot stand the residents, and as such spent the majority of my times with Irish people and other ex pats.

I flew from Manchester so the flight was only an hour or so

I just ended up reading the Timeson the way there, but "Eats Shoots and Leaves" by Lynne Truss on the way back. Not remotely intermellectual.

and no I didn't wear a beret or a blue and white hooped t-shirt.I did wear a scarf however.

Paris is an incredible rip off, cup of tea 2.50 Euros, a coke was 3.50 and a Corona 5.50 (everything seems to cost ?.50)

oh and I had to laugh when I saw a bottle of WKD cost 6 Euros.

had little or no sleep and dug out my piss poor french on many occassion.

all in all a decent break, but not nearly hot, beachy or sea-y enough for my tastes. I'm going to have to convince my friends to move to Honalulu