Swine Flu Jab

maggiespaws

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for this temporary hijack but bloody hell again.....

David Icke's Photos - How Long Now ... Before They 'Disclose' The Obvious?

15842_185168538841_147823328841_2975860_962105_n.jpg

What’s more, it is gathering speed all the time and it is preparing the ground for official disclosure of some kind. It is

only a case of when. What is still far away, however, is the official acknowledgement of the truth about extraterrestrial involvement in the affairs of Planet Earth.

Sorry for this temporary hijack but bloody hell again.....

David Icke's Photos - How Long Now ... Before They 'Disclose' The Obvious?

15842_185168538841_147823328841_2975860_962105_n.jpg

What’s more, it is gathering speed all the time and it is preparing the ground for official disclosure of some kind. It is

only a case of when. What is still far away, however, is the official acknowledgement of the truth about extraterrestrial involvement in the affairs of Planet Earth.

Will you fuck off.

The baby has been sent an appointment to be vaccinated today and I'm still undecided. He starts nursery next week so I guess the risk of him contracting swine flu is higher but I'm still reluctant :razz:

It's a tricky one, but I personally wouldn't do it. I can't remember, but is it a live vaccine or a dead one??

It's not a live vaccine. I've rang and postponed it until I've read and thought a bit more.

I thought I had it straight in my head but that fact I keep thinking about makes me wonder if I should do the same. Will talk about with the Mrs tonight I think.

THe question I keep asking myself is "is the risk of him getting it and being one of the few who become seriously ill with it greather than the risk of the jab being another Thalidamide?"

Talking myself round in circles. ;)

The baby has been sent an appointment to be vaccinated today and I'm still undecided. He starts nursery next week so I guess the risk of him contracting swine flu is higher but I'm still reluctant :razz:

It's a tricky one, but I personally wouldn't do it. I can't remember, but is it a live vaccine or a dead one??

It's not a live vaccine. I've rang and postponed it until I've read and thought a bit more.

I thought I had it straight in my head but that fact I keep thinking about makes me wonder if I should do the same. Will talk about with the Mrs tonight I think.

THe question I keep asking myself is "is the risk of him getting it and being one of the few who become seriously ill with it greather than the risk of the jab being another Thalidamide?"

ParkyJnr has only ever had Tetanus and HepB (which they give automatically at birth and which I agree with). The last big hoo ha was over the Measales epidemic in Germany (2 yrs ago) and the rush to give that one in schools. ParkyJnr didn't get that, but it was 2 weeks of arguing before I got my way.

Thinking about it is the sanest way, but I will say that side effects from vaccinations is small and general risk is also small.....But I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something went wrong (and it does sometimes).

Its all me me me!

If everyone had your attitude we wouldnt have such a bright looking 2012 paralymics team.

A very good q & a here in an article by the independant about the book Swine Flu – What Parents need to Know

Written by Professor Terence Stephenson, president of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/he...en-1798155.html

From that article:

"A survey by the magazine Nursing Times found a third of nurses would refuse the vaccine. That presumably reflects their perception that it is not a very serious illness. "This raises a fundamental issue about vaccination. For an individual parent the risk of swine flu to their child is low, so the benefit from vaccination is low. But if you have a virus that affects 30 per cent of the population then a lot of people will fall ill and a lot will die and the best way to prevent that is to have all the population vaccinated.

A very good q & a here in an article by the independant about the book Swine Flu – What Parents need to Know

Written by Professor Terence Stephenson, president of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health

From that article:

"A survey by the magazine Nursing Times found a third of nurses would refuse the vaccine. That presumably reflects their perception that it is not a very serious illness. "This raises a fundamental issue about vaccination. For an individual parent the risk of swine flu to their child is low, so the benefit from vaccination is low. But if you have a virus that affects 30 per cent of the population then a lot of people will fall ill and a lot will die and the best way to prevent that is to have all the population vaccinated.

Or for the full part:

Should I have my children vaccinated against swine flu?

"I will be having it [as a front line health worker] and I will recommend my children have it. This is not an illness I want to get. I could be quite ill with it, I could be off work with a high, swinging fever for four or five days, diarrhoea and vomiting. I want to avoid that.

"The benefit for any one individual is low but the benefit for the population is great. The benefit will be greatest for very young children and those with chronic conditions and the elderly because they are most vulnerable. By accepting vaccination we help to protect them."

From that article:

Or for the full part:

Should I have my children vaccinated against swine flu?

"I will be having it [as a front line health worker] and I will recommend my children have it. This is not an illness I want to get. I could be quite ill with it, I could be off work with a high, swinging fever for four or five days, diarrhoea and vomiting. I want to avoid that.

"The benefit for any one individual is low but the benefit for the population is great. The benefit will be greatest for very young children and those with chronic conditions and the elderly because they are most vulnerable. By accepting vaccination we help to protect them."

I wasn't trying to pull a fast one, just showing that nurses think about these things as well (they don't all queue up for vaccinations as is the common perception).

Doctors aren't allowed to say anything against vaccinations btw so there won't be anything thought provoking there.

I know I asked the GP in our street (who isnt at our practice) and I know he recommended it, or at least I also know his kids have had it. He commented that he had seen how poorly some of the kids have been brought to him and that he wanted to do what he could to shield his children from that. again, more so with him potentially coming in contact regularly. Im also conscious that our 2yr old now goes to different play group things and that increases his exposure.

I know I asked the GP in our street (who isnt at our practice) and I know he recommended it, or at least I also know his kids have had it. He commented that he had seen how poorly some of the kids have been brought to him and that he wanted to do what he could to shield his children from that. again, more so with him potentially coming in contact regularly. Im also conscious that our 2yr old now goes to different play group things and that increases his exposure.

Half the GP's who bang on about giving it to their kids don't have kids. ;)

I wasn't trying to pull a fast one, just showing that nurses think about these things as well

Earth-shattering stuff that like. :razz:

It is.

;) Very obvious I thought.

I wasn't trying to pull a fast one, just showing that nurses think about these things as well (they don't all queue up for vaccinations as is the common perception).

I don't see how twice as many nurses being in favour of the vaccine than are against it is any kind of illuminating evidence in opposition to it.

I don't see how twice as many nurses being in favour of the vaccine than are against it is any kind of illuminating evidence in opposition to it.

Well because the pressure on direct patient care staff to get vaccinated is immense. Do you see?

Bit like your film reviews. He'd do well to make-up having kids if he lives in the same street like.

In fairness like, I've just assumed they were his kids. Need to check the missing list tbf.

Basically, take advice from someone who knows what they're on about and ignore anyone who doesn't. More earth-shattering stuff there.

You always say that in every thread.

I'm discussing it here with a few people because I've got a child and have been through these issues. The knowledge base about vaccinations now is in the public domain like never before so it is discussed more. Unfortunately NOBODY can give the correct ans regarding a bad vaccine episode...Which can devestate a child and family for life.

Well because the pressure on direct patient care staff to get vaccinated is immense. Do you see?

I'm afraid I still don't.

A minority of nurses (probably the ones that read the Daily mail) refuse the vaccine.

A minority of nurses drink excessively, smoke and have VD too.

Basically, take advice from someone who knows what they're on about and ignore anyone who doesn't. More earth-shattering stuff there.

You always say that in every thread.

I'm discussing it here with a few people because I've got a child and have been through these issues. The knowledge base about vaccinations now is in the public domain like never before so it is discussed more. Unfortunately NOBODY can give the correct ans regarding a bad vaccine episode...Which can devestate a child and family for life.

You always spout baseless bollocks in every thread though. I'm just providing a balance.