Swine Flu Jab

maggiespaws

We've had a letter through about getting Master Paws (Matt - 2yrs) vaccinated against swine flu.

I'm curious to know what people's thoughts are on it as many of us either have kids around this age and/or work in the medical profession.

As Lisa is expecting, we also got an invite a couple of months ago to get her vaccinated too. We declined for a number of reasons; not least because of the conflicting evidence surrounding it's safety to unborn children.

Now, with Matt it's defferent because he's a bit older and given that he's at nursery I would agree he's at a greater risk of infection.

Lisa's done some reading around and it looks safer for kids of his age; but I thought I'd see what you guys were doing/thinking too.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we haven't been offered it yet for our 2yr old, we have already agreed on getting it when we are.

Yeah, we are too. With a 2nd one on the way and Matt at nursery it raises the chances quite significantly. Obviously Matt 'could' still bring it home, but if it starts doing the rounds at his nursery then he's less likely to be a carrier if he's immunised.

I happy we made the right choice with Lisa as the current Thalidamide story vindicates. The jab they are proposing to give Matt is not the one that carries a small dose of the bug IIRC; hence it being safer.

Don't do it. Less jabs the better. About 70/80% of jabs give you no or very limited protection anyway as the swine has so many strains and changes all the time.

I wouldn't consider jabs for under 10's on any account unless it was life of death scenario, the child immune system is still developing and not a good place to start throwing in various curve balls. Parky Jnr has had the minimum jabs.

Don't do it. Less jabs the better. About 70/80% of jabs give you no or very limited protection anyway as the swine has so many strains and changes all the time.

I wouldn't consider jabs for under 10's on any account unless it was life of death scenario, the child immune system is still developing and not a good place to start throwing in various curve balls. Parky Jnr has had the minimum jabs.

What Parky says.

See, I guess that's partly why I started this thread; because I can see and appreciate that argument too.

I think in this case, it's a tough call. Swine Flu did the rounds here in Manchester and there were cases at both Lisa's school and Matt's nursery. I guess that because of that and the fact that Paws Jr Mk2 is on the way we're trying to consider "it" too.

I would also argue that generally speaking it is good for kids to get a few infections. It's how the immune sys learns and gets stronger. Also don't feed your children any processed food if at all possible and avoid hi additive snacks.

I would also argue that generally speaking it is good for kids to get a few infections. It's how the immune sys learns and gets stronger. Also don't feed your children any processed food if at all possible and avoid hi additive snacks.

Again, I totally agree. One of Lisa's friends who's little girl is 10 days older than Matt prides herself (to the point of smugness) on the fact she's managed to keep her little girl mostly bug free, largely because she opted not to send her to nursery. All I can say is, wait until she starts school!

Thing is though, Swine Flu is not just your typical, run of the mill bug and as such I'd say it needs to be considered differently.

See, I guess that's partly why I started this thread; because I can see and appreciate that argument too.

I think in this case, it's a tough call. Swine Flu did the rounds here in Manchester and there were cases at both Lisa's school and Matt's nursery. I guess that because of that and the fact that Paws Jr Mk2 is on the way we're trying to consider "it" too.

In that case, I think it's entirely reasonable to have the wee Paws jabbed .

Very few cases I was aware of in our area or workplaces, so we decided it was not needed?

Parenthood eh?

Before the kid's born, you can't move for buggers giving advice, afterwards, any decisions are"really down to you". :icon_lol:

The baby has been sent an appointment to be vaccinated today and I'm still undecided. He starts nursery next week so I guess the risk of him contracting swine flu is higher but I'm still reluctant ;)

The baby has been sent an appointment to be vaccinated today and I'm still undecided. He starts nursery next week so I guess the risk of him contracting swine flu is higher but I'm still reluctant ;)

It's a tricky one, but I personally wouldn't do it. I can't remember, but is it a live vaccine or a dead one??

So in effect, the authorities will vaccinate millions of children in order to try and prevent 100 deaths. If the mass vaccination program mirrors the previous swine flu outbreak of 1976 then the vaccine is likely to kill more people than the actual virus.

Furthermore, since the swine flu vaccine includes squalene, a dangerous adjuvant that contributed to Gulf War Syndrome cases, there’s little doubt that it will lead to debilitating lifelong diseases far more deadly than the swine flu virus itself for thousands of children if a mass vaccination campaign is conducted.

According to Meryl Nass, M.D., “A novel feature of the two H1N1 vaccines being developed by companies Novartis and GlaxoSmithKline is the addition of squalene-containing adjuvants to boost immunogenicity and dramatically reduce the amount of viral antigen needed. This translates to much faster production of desired vaccine quantities.”

“Research shows that squalene is the experimental anthrax vaccine ingredient that caused devastating autoimmune diseases and deaths for many Gulf War veterans from the US, UK, and Australia, yet it continues in use today and for new vaccines development in labs,”

So in effect, the authorities will vaccinate millions of children in order to try and prevent 100 deaths. If the mass vaccination program mirrors the previous swine flu outbreak of 1976 then the vaccine is likely to kill more people than the actual virus.

Furthermore, since the swine flu vaccine includes squalene, a dangerous adjuvant that contributed to Gulf War Syndrome cases, there’s little doubt that it will lead to debilitating lifelong diseases far more deadly than the swine flu virus itself for thousands of children if a mass vaccination campaign is conducted.

According to Meryl Nass, M.D., “A novel feature of the two H1N1 vaccines being developed by companies Novartis and GlaxoSmithKline is the addition of squalene-containing adjuvants to boost immunogenicity and dramatically reduce the amount of viral antigen needed. This translates to much faster production of desired vaccine quantities.”

“Research shows that squalene is the experimental anthrax vaccine ingredient that caused devastating autoimmune diseases and deaths for many Gulf War veterans from the US, UK, and Australia, yet it continues in use today and for new vaccines development in labs,”

Shit! Get onto the EMEA they must have missed this!

Giving vaccines to children is dangerous and that is a fact. Why else would they be doing ongoing testing of new vaccienes on test groups of children in the U.S.?

Vaccines are one of the reasons we live longer nowadays. You have to test them on someone though. Claiming that vaccines cause long term damage is a perilous occupation, it ruined the career Dr Wakefield if you remember that?

Giving vaccines to children is dangerous and that is a fact. Why else would they be doing ongoing testing of new vaccienes on test groups of children in the U.S.?

Vaccines are one of the reasons we live longer nowadays. You have to test them on someone though. Claiming that vaccines cause long term damage is a perilous occupation, it ruined the career Dr Wakefield if you remember that?

Is it a live vaccine Chez..The new pig one?

It's a tricky one, but I personally wouldn't do it. I can't remember, but is it a live vaccine or a dead one??

It's not a live vaccine. I've rang and postponed it until I've read and thought a bit more.

It's not a live vaccine. I've rang and postponed it until I've read and thought a bit more.

Good that you have done. Whatever you decide I hope all goes well. The arguments me and Mrs P had over vaccinations were of biblical proportions. :razz:

The baby has been sent an appointment to be vaccinated today and I'm still undecided. He starts nursery next week so I guess the risk of him contracting swine flu is higher but I'm still reluctant :)

To come to a serious decision you need to study all sides of the debate. Can I suggest you start here with

http://www.davidicke.com/content/view/25191

2.jpg

;):razz::) Didnt know he was still going. What ever happened to the son of god thingy?