Swine Flu Jab

maggiespaws

I wasn't trying to pull a fast one, just showing that nurses think about these things as well

Earth-shattering stuff that like. :razz:

I thought I was just here to provide the Barbara Windsor cackle! ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit like your film reviews. He'd do well to make-up having kids if he lives in the same street like.

In fairness like, I've just assumed they were his kids. Need to check the missing list tbf.

A lot of GP's who use patient mangement techniques will say they've had the vaccine or their children have etc...Thought everyone knew this. Yours might have kids I wouldn't know. I read something somewhere that the GP's were the least vaccinated group. ;)

I wasn't trying to pull a fast one, just showing that nurses think about these things as well

Earth-shattering stuff that like. :)

I thought I was just here to provide the Barbara Windsor cackle! ;)

Having a blonde moment or what? :razz:

Basically, take advice from someone who knows what they're on about and ignore anyone who doesn't. More earth-shattering stuff there.

You always say that in every thread.

I'm discussing it here with a few people because I've got a child and have been through these issues. The knowledge base about vaccinations now is in the public domain like never before so it is discussed more. Unfortunately NOBODY can give the correct ans regarding a bad vaccine episode...Which can devestate a child and family for life.

You always spout baseless bollocks in every thread though. I'm just providing a balance.

There is a genuine concern about vaccinations for children, there is nothing baseless about that.

Basically, take advice from someone who knows what they're on about and ignore anyone who doesn't. More earth-shattering stuff there.

I'm discussing it here with a few people because I've got a child and have been through these issues. The knowledge base about vaccinations now is in the public domain like never before so it is discussed more. Unfortunately NOBODY can give the correct ans regarding a bad vaccine episode...Which can devestate a child and family for life.

You always spout baseless bollocks in every thread though. I'm just providing a balance.

There is a genuine concern about vaccinations for children, there is nothing baseless about that.

I'm not saying there isn't but you're very anti-science and I'd hate someone clueless to influence someone else on such an important matter. Having a kid doesn't make you an expert btw.

I'm not saying there isn't but you're very anti-science and I'd hate someone clueless to influence someone else on such an important matter. Having a kid doesn't make you an expert btw.

I'm not influencing anybody, as I said earlier the risks of something going wrong are low. Keep up.

Most aspirin brands state death as a possible side effect.

Most aspirin brands state death as a possible side effect.

Good for staving off heart attacks though. ;)

From that:

Why are healthy people over 65 and children not a priority for the swine flu vaccine?

"Healthy people aged over 65 appear to have some natural immunity to the swine flu virus. And while children are disproportionately affected by swine flu, the vast majority make a full recovery - therefore the experts do not advise that children (other than those in at-risk groups) should be vaccinated initially."

Actully people over 40 have a tiny risk from swine flu as over the years their bodies have developed partial immunity.

While there are rare exceptions and things can go tits up (Life eh?) I tend to normally follow government advice on such things. They always have "our" best interests at the forefront of these things.

Why anyone would think they could come to a better more informed decision based on a few web pages and discussion boards is quite strange.

Governments spend vast sums researching testing etc etc

Risks are minimal and should not be blown out of proportion.

Planes crash etc etc etc

I've got a shit storm of work for the foreseeable future so am unable to post here much now (thanks for helping persuade me into doing a Health Economics diploma on top of my 9 to 5 Chez you twat ;)), but felt I'd have to interject here to counter some of Parky's ludicrous and frankly dangerous advice.

Parky has no qualifications or understanding regarding healthcare in general (or vaccination specifically) whatsoever, and tends to believe any crackpot theory going, the madder the better. A good example is HIV not being the cause of AIDs iirc. He's opinionated, but not remotely balanced or knowledgeable.

Obviously, nobody should take advice from an internet message board regarding any health matters in any case, go and discuss it with your doctor if you're concerned, don't listen to internet loons.

Very professionally put that man ;)

Can you imagine saying to your lass "Nah, lets go against the advice of the doctor and not get jab. Why? Because I read someones own opinion on a football forum"

I've got a shit storm of work for the foreseeable future so am unable to post here much now (thanks for helping persuade me into doing a Health Economics diploma on top of my 9 to 5 Chez you twat ;)), but felt I'd have to interject here to counter some of Parky's ludicrous and frankly dangerous advice.

Parky has no qualifications or understanding regarding healthcare in general (or vaccination specifically) whatsoever, and tends to believe any crackpot theory going, the madder the better. A good example is HIV not being the cause of AIDs iirc. He's opinionated, but not remotely balanced or knowledgeable.

Obviously, nobody should take advice from an internet message board regarding any health matters in any case, go and discuss it with your doctor if you're concerned, don't listen to internet loons.

What like me and you? :razz:

In 20 years time you are going to thank me, spending resources on healthcare will be an issue until humans die out or leave the planet.

Tbf to Parky there is some consideration required on the risk-benefits of the vaccine which as was noted by the Doctor probably depends on your likely exposure. If your exposure is above average then your risk-benefit says get vaccinated.

In fairness, I dont think anyone is making any decisions based on peoples responses on here. We've already made the decision to get the jab although I must admit I've personally started to hesitate. I've not even voiced this to the wor lass yet.

Personally, I started this thread just to share thoughts and see what other people were thinking. It seems I'm not alone in my hesitancy.

I might be over-racting tbh (probably) but this is the first time we've had ot make this kind of decision. Matt has had all the other recommended jabs to date IIRC and we've hesitated about this one because of the mixed feeling about it.

My sister in law is a nurse and she was given the jab. It made her sick although to be fair I think that was the live vaccine rather than the one Matt's being offered.

I forgot to mention earlier that when Swine Flu was doing the rounds last year, Matt got ill. The Doctors prescribed Tamiflu as a precaution as he had more than just a cold type bug (v high temp, floppy etc). It comes in capsule form which we had to open and mix with various things to get him to take it. It's bitter as fuck and it was a nightmare getting him to take it.

I SAID EARLIER THE RISKS WERE SMALL NOW FUCK OFF

Very professionally put that man ;)

Can you imagine saying to your lass "Nah, lets go against the advice of the doctor and not get jab. Why? Because I read someones own opinion on a football forum"

Well don't ask for it then.

In fairness, I dont think anyone is making any decisions based on peoples responses on here. We've already made the decision to get the jab although I must admit I've personally started to hesitate. I've not even voiced this to the wor lass yet.

Personally, I started this thread just to share thoughts and see what other people were thinking. It seems I'm not alone in my hesitancy.

I might be over-racting tbh (probably) but this is the first time we've had ot make this kind of decision. Matt has had all the other recommended jabs to date IIRC and we've hesitated about this one because of the mixed feeling about it.

My sister in law is a nurse and she was given the jab. It made her sick although to be fair I think that was the live vaccine rather than the one Matt's being offered.

I forgot to mention earlier that when Swine Flu was doing the rounds last year, Matt got ill. The Doctors prescribed Tamiflu as a precaution as he had more than just a cold type bug (v high temp, floppy etc). It comes in capsule form which we had to open and mix with various things to get him to take it. It's bitter as fuck and it was a nightmare getting him to take it.

...and Chez will tell you Tamiflu more or less useless.