30th Birthday Ideas

ajax_andy

Its my 30th B'day in a few months and i'm struggling to think of what I could do for it.

I've considered a track day at croft but there's nothing available around my b'day, looked in to Go Karting but not sure £45 for an hour seems worth it (plus not sure the mates could stump up the cash as my stag do's a month after) and have been paintballing recently.

Anyone got any idea for something to do with a group of people, or just me and the missus that doesn't cost the earth?

Its my 30th B'day in a few months and i'm struggling to think of what I could do for it.

I've considered a track day at croft but there's nothing available around my b'day, looked in to Go Karting but not sure £45 for an hour seems worth it (plus not sure the mates could stump up the cash as my stag do's a month after) and have been paintballing recently.

Anyone got any idea for something to do with a group of people, or just me and the missus that doesn't cost the earth?

Get a helicopter if theres about 10 of you. I think it's about £500 up to Berwick and back and down the Tyne.

Camping for the weekend. Take drugs.

Get a helicopter if theres about 10 of you. I think it's about £500 up to Berwick and back and down the Tyne.

i've always quite fancied a helicopter ride but I get seriously bad motion sickness so i've always steered clear of them as heard they are not great for "pukers" lol!

Haha nah I think those days are behind me unfortunately... plus I go to holland twice a year as the missus is originally from there so can just do it then if I fancy.

Haha nah I think those days are behind me unfortunately... plus I go to holland twice a year as the missus is originally from there so can just do it then if I fancy.

I tell you what is a good little thing to do, have a day in Hexham. I go to Hexham Races all the time, well probably 6 to 8 times a year, I love it as much as I hate Newcastle Races. When it's a really nice day there are few places I'd rather be in the world, the racecourse is set in a natural amphitheatre, it's just fantastic, always loads of fanny, exciting races normally 2 and 3 mile handicaps with a hill 3 furlongs out that can dramatically change a race, and it's only 10 or 15 quid to get in depending on which end you go in. If you like scenery it's amazing there can't be too many sporting settings in the world better than there, you could have a game of golf at Slaley in the morning, then the races, the lash. Afterwards at the bottom of the valley there's some nice places to have a drink in Hexham, it's really tremendous, get yourself up.

Edited by Stevie

I tell you what is a good little thing to do, have a day in Hexham. I go to Hexham Races all the time, well probably 6 to 8 times a year, I love it as much as I hate Newcastle Races. When it's a really nice day there are few places I'd rather be in the world, the racecourse is set in a natural amphitheatre, it's just fantastic, always loads of fanny, exciting races normally 2 and 3 mile handicaps with a hill 3 furlongs out that can dramatically change a race, and it's only 10 or 15 quid to get in depending on which end you go in. If you like scenery it's amazing there can't be too many sporting settings in the world better than there, you could have a game of golf at Slaley in the morning, then the races, the lash. Afterwards at the bottom of the valley there's some nice places to have a drink in Hexham, it's really tremendous, get yourself up.

That sounds like quite a good idea! Not sure I could have a game of golf at Slaley in the morning though... well I could but with my golf skills it would take all morning, afternoon and night lol!

Never been to the races before (well been to the dogs once) so will have a look in to it.

Cheers!

Kill yourself. It's all down hill from 30 onwards. :)

I thought you were about 25. I tell you what it is, most people in their teens and a lot in their twenties especially early to mid 20's, put a front on even when they're having a good time of it on the surface, or maybe they are having a good time. They're full of self doubt, even uncomfortable with who they are, I think I was till I was at least 24, I was the cheekiest cunt ever and it was probably some insecure defence mechanism. Desperate to prove myself, but unsure what to prove. I don't know how I didn't end up dead, was normally the drink. I think when you get to 30 though, you have no demons, all the insecurities seem to evapourate and you feel more at ease with yourself, I think I certainly am. Maybe that's just me, but I've spoken with other people who seem to have similar stages at similar times.

Kill yourself. It's all down hill from 30 onwards. :razz:

I thought you were about 25. I tell you what it is, most people in their teens and a lot in their twenties especially early to mid 20's, put a front on even when they're having a good time of it on the surface, or maybe they are having a good time. They're full of self doubt, even uncomfortable with who they are, I think I was till I was at least 24, I was the cheekiest cunt ever and it was probably some insecure defence mechanism. Desperate to prove myself, but unsure what to prove. I don't know how I didn't end up dead, was normally the drink. I think when you get to 30 though, you have no demons, all the insecurities seem to evapourate and you feel more at ease with yourself, I think I certainly am. Maybe that's just me, but I've spoken with other people who seem to have similar stages at similar times.

Yeah, cos you're a right shrinking violet now! :)