Terry sacked as captain

Guest Stevie

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the last patriot on the planet but I still naively think being England Captain should mean something - the only problem is that the alternatiives (apart from Lampard imo) are all just as scummy.

who else do you give it to?

run through the main players

Ashley Cole : in the press for cheating

Rio : dogging with Dyer & Lamps. Piss test.

Micah Richards : dogging

Lamps : dogging

Gerrard : recent brawl covered by press

Rooney : old age hookers

There's an element of idiocy throughout the team. I know Terry has crossed a line with dipping it into mates' wives, but there's aren't glorious alternatives.

who else do you give it to?

run through the main players

Ashley Cole : in the press for cheating

Rio : dogging with Dyer & Lamps. Piss test.

Micah Richards : dogging

Lamps : dogging

Gerrard : recent brawl covered by press

Rooney : old age hookers

There's an element of idiocy throughout the team. I know Terry has crossed a line with dipping it into mates' wives, but there's aren't glorious alternatives.

between all those its Lampard or Rooney for me, considering their past antics are well in the past and they've been squeaky clean (ish) since

there is no one there with a completely clean slate, I'd add this whole appeal bollocks to Rios list as well, hes trying to play the system counting the fact hes rio ferdinand who plays for man u to get him off the hook rather than admitting hes just lamped someone for no reason

Remember Ferdinand is the cock who thought it a good idea to do a TV program winding up his team-mates before the last WC. More leadership skills in a Frenchman's arsehole.

Anyone who thinks the captaincy of England is important is a fucking cock, Capello included.

As far as the image of the side is concerned the captain is important.

Captains often reflect the nature of a society, take Maradona, wonderfully creative but ultimately a glutonous, corrupt, cheating, choatic life cunt, and you could use all the words to describe Argentina and Argentines.

Until the tabloids tell you you do.

has meenzer got a "leazes - old board" style rod up his arse on the way :icon_lol:

;) Nah, I just think the whole thing is ridiculous. The entire squad is a pack of cunts, why differentiate between one cunt and another? :D

Remember Ferdinand is the cock who thought it a good idea to do a TV program winding up his team-mates before the last WC. More leadership skills in a Frenchman's arsehole.

Aye and anyone using the word "merc'd" should be run over by a fuckin merc.

He went to SWP you've been merc'd sahn. Oh dear.

Anyone who thinks the captaincy of England is important is a fucking cock, Capello included.

Captains often reflect the nature of a society, take Maradona, wonderfully creative but ultimately a glutonous, corrupt, cheating, choatic life cunt, and you could use all the words to describe Argentina and Argentines.

Aye, but he won the World Cup. You reckon anyone in England would really sacrifice that in favour of a more societally representative captain?

Listening to SSN you now have the people saying its going to derail our world cup bid, we're pressing the self destruct button, what a bunch of utter dicks! It won't matter in the slightest, Terry will still play and will still be running the defence and shouting at them, and all the other players will do exactly as well (or badly) as they were going to do before this happened!

Except Terry, who'll get booed by his own fans and play below-par throughout, but Capello won't drop him because he feels guilty about stripping him of the captaincy in response to the demands of a couple of tabloids and the retards who listen to them.

Definitely worth the effort though. Definitely.

I don't think he will get booed anyway, once we're talking competitive world cup games, he'll get it playing for Chelsea though and thats tough shit, but he's the sort of guy who it will be nothing to, won't change the way he plays at all.

The tabloids love to try and sabotage an England campaign but the fans at the world cup won't, they've paid a fortune to go and supposrt the team there. A home game at Wembley with some of the piss poor crowds there, then yes, he might get some shit, but not at the world cup and it'll have blown over by then anyway. So it won't cause any trouble at all IMO.

Aye, but he won the World Cup. You reckon anyone in England would really sacrifice that in favour of a more societally representative captain?

No. My point is its important for your captain to convey a positive message, Beckham was always an icon, but it went to another level when he was made captain and he was a good ambassador, he even helped us win the Olympics. Look at Bobby Moore "gawd rest 'is soww", a brilliant man by all accounts, family bloke had a good life and battled bravely with cancer. You didn't hear about him being a tit like Jimmy Greaves etc... People look up to captains whether you like it or not. Bryan Robson another fantastic example.

No. My point is its important for your captain to convey a positive message, Beckham was always an icon, but it went to another level when he was made captain and he was a good ambassador, he even helped us win the Olympics. Look at Bobby Moore "gawd rest 'is soww", a brilliant man by all accounts, family bloke had a good life and battled bravely with cancer. You didn't hear about him being a tit like Jimmy Greaves etc... People look up to captains whether you like it or not. Bryan Robson another fantastic example.

Hence suggesting a granny-shagging, WAG-worshipping worky-ticket as the ideal successor to these legends of the game?

(I like Rooney and would have nowt against him as captain, for what it's worth, but you can spin stuff whichever way you want...)

Hence suggesting a granny-shagging, WAG-worshipping worky-ticket as the ideal successor to these legends of the game?

(I like Rooney and would have nowt against him as captain, for what it's worth, but you can spin stuff whichever way you want...)

Granny shaggin when he was 18? Did you not make mistakes as a teenager? Probably fuckin stuck in your 6th form common room till 8pm every neet.

In the context of a football team I would be the first person to say ie agree with Meenzer that its the team on the field that counts and so I see his point. However the captain of a team, and especially the captain of England is a huge honour and as such carries big responsibilities which John Terry has either been unable to grasp or just doesn't care about.

Team spirit is massive in football. Go back to when I defended Craig Bellamy for being a bit of a gobshite, but he did it on the pitch, he also wasn't captain, most of his team mates recognised he was a massively important player. There is nothing to stop John Terry to continue playing for England if he is motivated enough [should be but if losing the captaincy affects him then he would have to be dropped]. Having an affair with a team mates wife etc is much different to being a gobshite, far different. Capello is right to have sacked him, he is setting down standards.

I don't know who I think should be captain, I would prefer Rooney to concentrate on playing upfront and I think captains are for the most part better suited to defenders or midfield players.

Didnt want Ferdinand purely on account of the fact that his playing relationship with Terry is so key and its a bit of a concern how it might affect that (even subconsciously).

Need to draw a line now though. The bottom line is we all know we're dealing with a team full of bell ends, we just need them to concentrate on football for a month this summer.

In the context of a football team I would be the first person to say ie agree with Meenzer that its the team on the field that counts and so I see his point. However the captain of a team, and especially the captain of England is a huge honour and as such carries big responsibilities which John Terry has either been unable to grasp or just doesn't care about.

Team spirit is massive in football. Go back to when I defended Craig Bellamy for being a bit of a gobshite, but he did it on the pitch, he also wasn't captain, most of his team mates recognised he was a massively important player. There is nothing to stop John Terry to continue playing for England if he is motivated enough [should be but if losing the captaincy affects him then he would have to be dropped]. Having an affair with a team mates wife etc is much different to being a gobshite, far different. Capello is right to have sacked him, he is setting down standards.

I don't know who I think should be captain, I would prefer Rooney to concentrate on playing upfront and I think captains are for the most part better suited to defenders or midfield players.

;)

;)

oh dear.

Nice to see a few England fans on here, or so it appears, rather than usual I'd rather we won an offside decision than England win the World Cup.

We probably do live in a bubble more than most cities, probably due to location and our unique identity. That doesn't mean that we're not English, we are, and we fought to preserve this city as English, we've played a big part in this countries footballing heritage, maybe 20% of the footballing heritage if not more comes from Newcastle and Sunderland and its' surrounds and that's disproportionate. I'm talking about players here, for me 5 of the best 6 English players of the last 25 year come from within 8 mile of the toon. So England's heritage is our heritage. We should support England, not like those scruffy tramps from the North West, nearly all mugs and they are, accents, people, life, Man Utd started this anti England thing when they were starting to get good, and the scousers copied them.

;)

oh dear.

what dear?

Nice to see a few England fans on here, or so it appears, rather than usual I'd rather we won an offside decision than England win the World Cup.

We probably do live in a bubble more than most cities, probably due to location and our unique identity. That doesn't mean that we're not English, we are, and we fought to preserve this city as English, we've played a big part in this countries footballing heritage, maybe 20% of the footballing heritage if not more comes from Newcastle and Sunderland and its' surrounds and that's disproportionate. I'm talking about players here, for me 5 of the best 6 English players of the last 25 year come from within 8 mile of the toon. So England's heritage is our heritage. We should support England, not like those scruffy tramps from the North West, nearly all mugs and they are, accents, people, life, Man Utd started this anti England thing when they were starting to get good, and the scousers copied them.

How many have seen England play I wonder, and how often ?