Things are looking up!

Flair

no mate, we aren't a mid table club. We are one of the biggest clubs in the country. Clubs that are above us that should not be, are there [now] either because they are better run or have a sugar daddy.

Spot on. So why did we finish in the bottom half of the PL more often than not under Shepherd?

qualified for europe more than any club bar 4, including 2 Champions League runs.

How many before or since have matched that ?

But more often that not we finished in the bottom half. So were the clubs above us being better run? Because there weren't many sugar daddies in those days.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no mate, we aren't a mid table club. We are one of the biggest clubs in the country. Clubs that are above us that should not be, are there [now] either because they are better run or have a sugar daddy.

Spot on. So why did we finish in the bottom half of the PL more often than not under Shepherd?

qualified for europe more than any club bar 4, including 2 Champions League runs.

But more often that not we finished in the bottom half. So were the clubs above us being better run? Because there weren't many sugar daddies in those days.

Qualified for europe more than any club bar 4. The same 4 clubs are the only 4 who had a higher average position too.

End of.

The outlook is far rosier than a year ago and all the time Derek and Mike will be learning from their mistakes, hence the past decent window that surpassed most peoples expectations.

Decent window for the Championship. How'd we end up in the Championship in the first place? Oh yes, it was the catastrophic failings of Mike and Dekka (and Dennis and all the rest of your chums.) I don't understand how you or anyone else can see past the fact that we went down because of Mike Ashley and his cronies. We would still be a Premier League club if not for them. End of. The outlook is not rosier. We are a league lower and instead of looking to advance in the league we were already in - that would be a rosier outlook - we are looking just to get back into that league.

It only looks better because of how much lower we have sunk, all on account of Ashley.

Hopefully the fans will get off his back and let him continue to rebuild our club on a much more leaner and business like basis and without all the emotional decision making of the past.

Don't you understand that "letting him rebuild our club" is what has led us to this point in the first place? It's like you have completely forgotten the agony of relegation and just how shit we were over the past season, the indignities of forcing out KK and replacing him with Kinnear, all of it. And now you talk about "rebuilding." Don't you understand that we only need to be "rebuilt" because his epic mismanagement has already destroyed us? Don't you understand that we aren't going forward under Ashley, we're only going back to where we were before him? And in a worse situation, I might add, since we will be even less equipped to compete in the PL in 2010-11 than we were in 2008-09.

We're talking two steps backward for one step forward here. Didn't work out for the Soviets and I really don't think it's going to work out for us. But I look forward to reading what bollocks you'll be spewing this time next season when we are 6 points adrift and heading back down the drain - "oh but Mike's put us on a much better, more sound financial basis." A sounder financial basis for what? Surviving more relegations brought on by his own failures?

The outlook is far rosier than a year ago and all the time Derek and Mike will be learning from their mistakes, hence the past decent window that surpassed most peoples expectations.

Decent window for the Championship. How'd we end up in the Championship in the first place? Oh yes, it was the catastrophic failings of Mike and Dekka (and Dennis and all the rest of your chums.) I don't understand how you or anyone else can see past the fact that we went down because of Mike Ashley and his cronies. We would still be a Premier League club if not for them. End of. The outlook is not rosier. We are a league lower and instead of looking to advance in the league we were already in - that would be a rosier outlook - we are looking just to get back into that league.

It only looks better because of how much lower we have sunk, all on account of Ashley.

Hopefully the fans will get off his back and let him continue to rebuild our club on a much more leaner and business like basis and without all the emotional decision making of the past.

Don't you understand that "letting him rebuild our club" is what has led us to this point in the first place? It's like you have completely forgotten the agony of relegation and just how shit we were over the past season, the indignities of forcing out KK and replacing him with Kinnear, all of it. And now you talk about "rebuilding." Don't you understand that we only need to be "rebuilt" because his epic mismanagement has already destroyed us? Don't you understand that we aren't going forward under Ashley, we're only going back to where we were before him? And in a worse situation, I might add, since we will be even less equipped to compete in the PL in 2010-11 than we were in 2008-09.

We're talking two steps backward for one step forward here. Didn't work out for the Soviets and I really don't think it's going to work out for us. But I look forward to reading what bollocks you'll be spewing this time next season when we are 6 points adrift and heading back down the drain - "oh but Mike's put us on a much better, more sound financial basis." A sounder financial basis for what? Surviving more relegations brought on by his own failures?

That is spot on.

Playing catch up to what we were - and unlikely to reach it under the current owner - is only a sign of acceptance of lower standards and that is all.

So do you suggest we just sit and sulk?

There is no knight in shining armour, just plenty of wankers with no money of their own (see Pourtsmouth).

The recession will end and Ashleys retail empire will be a major force giving us a home grown billionaire who unless he sells, will have a point to prove.

I would rather this than a fake sheik!

Some of you need to get over the past and come to terms with the best realistic options for here and now.

Qualified for europe more than any club bar 4. The same 4 clubs are the only 4 who had a higher average position too.

End of.

End of you repeating the same flawed statements over and over again?

There is no knight in shining armour, just plenty of wankers with no money of their own (see Pourtsmouth).

The recession will end and Ashleys retail empire will be a major force giving us a home grown billionaire who unless he sells, will have a point to prove.

Some of you need to get over the past and come to terms with the best realistic options for here and now.

Says Mr. End of the Week.

you should frame that post, and see if it ever comes true.

Accadacca you ain't.

:lol:

End of.

Factual statement.

End of.

Factual statement.

As is mine. Facts are great, aren't they?

End of.

Factual statement.

As is mine. Facts are great, aren't they?

Aye. What a shame we aren't even in the lowest ever position we were under Fat Fred today.........still, things are much better now, anyone but Fred and all of that.

Nobody laughs at us anymore :lol:

Aye. What a shame we aren't even in the lowest ever position we were under Fat Fred today.........still, things are much better now, anyone but Fred and all of that.

Yeah, and genital warts are much better than AIDS. Doesn't prove a thing.

The worst of it is that I'm not even a Shepherd-hater.

Yeah, and genital warts are much better than AIDS. Doesn't prove a thing.

The worst of it is that I'm not even a Shepherd-hater.

My point is the same as it has always been. They saved the club from the 3rd division, after years of being run like a corner shop by small time men, and gave us one of the best teams in the country, top footballers, transformed the stadium, filled it every week, and raised the expectations to the level they should be at for the first time in generations.

Says Mr. End of the Week.

:lol:

My point is the same as it has always been. They saved the club from the 3rd division, after years of being run like a corner shop by small time men, and gave us one of the best teams in the country, top footballers, transformed the stadium, filled it every week, and raised the expectations to the level they should be at for the first time in generations.

I understand why the way leazes puts his point and frustrates and annoys people, but for me it all boils down to the above which is indisputably true