Season Ticket Prices Frozen

Guest Barrack Road

Guest Barrack Road

So they should be, should be frozen anyway. I'm a bit concerned they're increasing the family enclosure hope it doesn't impact on Level 7?

Playing devil's advocate if no-one renewed before the end of the month and few had done so come mid July, wouldn't they have to consider dropping the prices to get people in?

Prices shouldn't be 'frozen' for early commital, they should be reduced IMO.

If they've anything about them, they should be shitting themselves about 2011/12 when we could quite conceivably be back in the Championship without the 3-year lot already hooked into STs.

Can't imagine I'll be paying four figures up-front to guarantee a price again. It's not budged since anyway.

As happy as i am to see more cheap kids seats, it's unfortunate a generation of kids will have been turned off Newcastle by relegation and the whole circus.

To reward those season ticket holders that have supported the Club this season we are offering an Early Bird offer to freeze your season ticket at 2009-10 prices for the 2010-11 season. Should the team get promoted at the end of this season, then you will be able to watch Premier League football at Championship prices.

-

I have a short memory but If I remember correctly, prices didn't drop last season for season tickets did they? in which case that particular paragraph is bollocks

Guest Barrack Road
To reward those season ticket holders that have supported the Club this season we are offering an Early Bird offer to freeze your season ticket at 2009-10 prices for the 2010-11 season. Should the team get promoted at the end of this season, then you will be able to watch Premier League football at Championship prices.

-

I have a short memory but If I remember correctly, prices didn't drop last season for season tickets did they? in which case that particular paragraph is bollocks

Mine went down from £440 to £390.

Not sure but I think those that had a ST but didn't buy the 3 years upfront got it for the same price this season (and next year) as they would have gotten it for if they had taken the 3 years upfront. I.e. buying 3 years upfront only really got you a saving on the first year.

Guest Barrack Road
Not sure but I think those that had a ST but didn't buy the 3 years upfront got it for the same price this season (and next year) as they would have gotten it for if they had taken the 3 years upfront. I.e. buying 3 years upfront only really got you a saving on the first year.

How it worked, in 08/09 if you paid before a certain date, you got it for £390 or equivalent reduction, I didn't so had to pay £440, but this season it was £390 regardless when you paid.

People buy their STs in July and they'll expect it to be spent in the Transfer window, get it in in March and the mugs......I mean fans will have forgot it even existed come August.

And he has the gall to slag Shepherd off for spending upfront Sponsorship money on an England striker. :icon_lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Barrack Road

I haven't bought mine yet tbh, mainly because of personal reasons, I'll just end up giving the greedy bastards £50 extra in May.

People buy their STs in July and they'll expect it to be spent in the Transfer window, get it in in March and the mugs......I mean fans will have forgot it even existed come August.

And he has the gall to slag Shepherd off for spending upfront Sponsorship money on an England striker. :D

Agreed. Probably looking to cash in before the tiny summer spend causes trouble.