fuck off

Guest CrimsonFault

Wasn't it SBR who first wanted to sign Boumsong?? :rolleyes:

58241[/snapback]

What does that have to do with anything? The recent Robson bashing from some people (NUFC.com included) is pathetic.

58251[/snapback]

My point is that if you see above, Souness is being blamed for buying a crap player - I'm merely pointing out that if SBR had had his way, he'd have signed him as a direct replacement for Woodgate.

But then again, if that had happened certain people would have a totally different opinion of him and base his crap performances on shit coaching... ;)

Fact that a lot of people need to get their heads around, we all know Souness is shite, but Robson wasn't that much better - otherwise we would have won something in the 5 years he was here...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't it SBR who first wanted to sign Boumsong?? ;)

58241[/snapback]

What does that have to do with anything? The recent Robson bashing from some people (NUFC.com included) is pathetic.

58251[/snapback]

totally agree

58266[/snapback]

The man who is sueing, "the club he loves..."?

:rolleyes:

58269[/snapback]

Terry Mac [scouser but geordie wannabee when it suits him] was supposedly going to take the club to court too, but he's still here because he's one of Souness' "rent boys"

58292[/snapback]

Rumour was he wanted the club to sack Wharton and Beardsley, never a mention of taking the club to court - McDermott was (wrongly) going for individuals.

Fact that a lot of people need to get their heads around, we all know Souness is shite, but Robson wasn't that much better - otherwise we would have won something in the 5 years he was here...

58357[/snapback]

I'll believe that once Souness has got us into the champion's league.

And just because Robson would have made the same mistake doesn't excuse Souness from doing it.

58357[/snapback]

And just because Robson would have made the same mistake doesn't excuse Souness from doing it.

58390[/snapback]

Believe what? That Robson wasn't much better??

If Souness gets us into the CL then surely they'd be equal? :rolleyes:

Robson lost he plot towards the end. Souness's and his side hasn't really looked like finding it. I never really wanted Souness here but I did accept that he inherited a fair few problems with the squad. Also, despite last season, once Shepherd backed him financially I was ready to give him a chance to see what his team could do. Now, even if Owen, Luque or whoever was fit, yesterday was always going to be a struggle. That doesn't change the fact that we are well over a quarter of the way into the season and, having spent a fortune, are still languishing in the bottom half of the table and, perhaps more worryingly not playing any sort of decent football.

Wasn't it SBR who first wanted to sign Boumsong?? ;)

58241[/snapback]

58251[/snapback]

My point is that if you see above, Souness is being blamed for buying a crap player - I'm merely pointing out that if SBR had had his way, he'd have signed him as a direct replacement for Woodgate.

But then again, if that had happened certain people would have a totally different opinion of him and base his crap performances on shit coaching... :blink:

58357[/snapback]

I still fail to see what SBR has got to do with the fact that Boumsong plays crap under Souness and doesn't look worth 8m. Fair enough, SBR was interested in the player too, but we all know that he doesn't spend all his money wisely...

So, SBR was (nearly) shite because he didn't win anything here. Wow, that goes straight into the line with your comment about the Keegan times being something like a disaster because of the inability of hanging onto a lead in some games.

I want the old Chayton back. The one who posted loads of interesting things and whose posts used to make sense. :rolleyes:

58357[/snapback]

58390[/snapback]

Believe what? That Robson wasn't much better??

If Souness gets us into the CL then surely they'd be equal? :rolleyes:

58397[/snapback]

Yes, you were infering that Robson and Souness are as good (or bad) as each other, yet Robson got us into the champion's league two years in a row (okay we fucked up at the first hurdle the second time but you know what I mean), a feat that Souness has yet to achieve.

Ergo, I will believe that they are on a par with oneanother once Souness achieved what Robson did. Which he hasn't, yet.

Edited by luckyluke

58241[/snapback]

I can't remember us showing any huge intrest in him when SBR was in charge.

I'd have sued the club if I was made to look like a complete prat.

58284[/snapback]

To be fair he did most of that himself...

I won't lie, some of my best times supporting NUFC were when Robson was in charge, but the whole "I'm black and white through and through" just doesn't fool me...

58335[/snapback]

So it was Robson's fault that Shepherd publically undermined him by telling the press that it would be his last season in charge and sacking him four games in when the league had barely got going? Wasn't it Shepherd that wanted to 'keep the powder dry' when we really need one or two more world class players to become serious title contenders and then blamed SBR for taking us backwards?

Robson may have said one or two daft things and made one or two dodgy decisions on the pitch (e.g. an out of form Jenas playing every minute of every game, no subs until 79 minutes etc.) but you've got to admit that his last few months at the club were painful to watch. He does love this club which is the reason he didn't walk away when he was being used as a door mat by Fat Fred.

58357[/snapback]

You fool :rolleyes:

58241[/snapback]

58284[/snapback]

I won't lie, some of my best times supporting NUFC were when Robson was in charge, but the whole "I'm black and white through and through" just doesn't fool me...

58335[/snapback]

So it was Robson's fault that Shepherd publically undermined him by telling the press that it would be his last season in charge and sacking him four games in when the league had barely got going? Wasn't it Shepherd that wanted to 'keep the powder dry' when we really need one or two more world class players to become serious title contenders and then blamed SBR for taking us backwards?

Robson may have said one or two daft things and made one or two dodgy decisions on the pitch (e.g. an out of form Jenas playing every minute of every game, no subs until 79 minutes etc.) but you've got to admit that his last few months at the club were painful to watch. He does love this club which is the reason he didn't walk away when he was being used as a door mat by Fat Fred.

58414[/snapback]

I do understand what you're saying but, on his previous buys would you trust Robson with even more money...

After Cort, Cardone, Quinn, O'Brien, Bassedas, Gavilan, Viana, I think the chairman's patience was starting to wear thin.

I think most people agree that Robson should have went before the start of last season after we had finished 5th.

And the whole falling out with Nobby because he wanted to represent his country, then himself wanting to manage England part time did it for me...

58241[/snapback]

58284[/snapback]

58335[/snapback]

58414[/snapback]

I do understand what you're saying but, on his previous buys would you trust Robson with even more money...

After Cort, Cardone, Quinn, O'Brien, Bassedas, Gavilan, Viana, I think the chairman's patience was starting to wear thin.

I think most people agree that Robson should have went before the start of last season after we had finished 5th.

And the whole falling out with Nobby because he wanted to represent his country, then himself wanting to manage England part time did it for me...

58426[/snapback]

The majority of those buys came at a time when we were struggling and couldn't attracted world class talent - Viana is a bit of a grey area as I think it's Robson's fault he turned out like he did and at the time we were praising him for stealing him away from Juve and Liverpool. It's easy to focus on the poor signings but Robson also brought in Bellamy, Robert, Woodgate, N'Zogbia and others.

Like you I think Bobby should've went after we finished 5th, I just think he has a reason to sue.

Ah, isn't it nice to see 2 people discussing an arguement without resorting to name calling or childishness....

You wanker, I'm right! :rolleyes:

Viana is a bit of a grey area as I think it's Robson's fault he turned out like he did and at the time we were praising him for stealing him away from Juve and Liverpool.

58433[/snapback]

So you're partly defending Robson suggesting that Viana wasn't necessarily a bad signing (in that he is/was a talented player I presume), yet you're saying its Robson's fault his signing turned out the way it did?

Ah, isn't it nice to see 2 people discussing an arguement without resorting to name calling or childishness....

You wanker, I'm right! :rolleyes:

58435[/snapback]

Phil K, is that you?

58436[/snapback]

Don't swear at me! ;)

This must be some sort of a record. Three pages in and there hasn't been a wank joke :rolleyes:

58439[/snapback]

It's because it has mainly involved the more mature people talking....

Cock head. ;)

This must be some sort of a record. Three pages in and there hasn't been a wank joke :rolleyes:

58439[/snapback]

It's because it has mainly involved the more mature people talking....

Cock head. ;)

58440[/snapback]

Arse Candle

Robson lost he plot towards the end. Souness's and his side hasn't really looked like finding it. I never really wanted Souness here but I did accept that he inherited a fair few problems with the squad. Also, despite last season, once Shepherd backed him financially I was ready to give him a chance to see what his team could do. Now, even if Owen, Luque or whoever was fit, yesterday was always going to be a struggle. That doesn't change the fact that we are well over a quarter of the way into the season and, having spent a fortune, are still languishing in the bottom half of the table and, perhaps more worryingly not playing any sort of decent football.

58402[/snapback]

Some of us said this would happen - Alex - not knocking you, I don't know if you did or not, but we were told to "give him a chance".

Owens goals are the only thing saving us from a relegation fight, make no mistake, if he is injured and out for a while, we will be struggling.

He's did a good job spending 50m quid to overhaul a decent team, this Souness

Some of us said this would happen - Alex - not knocking you, I don't know if you did or not, but we were told to "give him a chance".

Owens goals are the only thing saving us from a relegation fight, make no mistake, if he is injured and out for a while, we will be struggling.

58513[/snapback]

In all honesty, despite being sceptical about Souness, I've always sort of sat on the fence about him, which I suppose means I was giving him a chance. My patience ran out a while ago though.

58513[/snapback]

In all honesty, despite being sceptical about Souness, I've always sort of sat on the fence about him, which I suppose means I was giving him a chance. My patience ran out a while ago though.

58517[/snapback]

yes, I believe "crystal ball" was the phrase that was used. It took me a few days to find it ........ at the most

Viana is a bit of a grey area as I think it's Robson's fault he turned out like he did and at the time we were praising him for stealing him away from Juve and Liverpool.

58433[/snapback]

So you're partly defending Robson suggesting that Viana wasn't necessarily a bad signing (in that he is/was a talented player I presume), yet you're saying its Robson's fault his signing turned out the way it did?

58437[/snapback]

Bit like the Boumsong situation really...

Towards the end of last season, some of the same people who are knocking him now were signing his praises...

To give an overall general response to some of the comments about me on here, I have never suggested that Souness is anything but a shit coach. My point is that he seems to be an easy generalised blame for anything shit at Newcastle United at the moment in some peoples eyes.

We've spent too much money without success - Souness's fault

Too many players are injured - Souness's fault

Our defenders can't do their jobs to save their lives - Souness's fault

The crowd are not satisfied - Souness's fault

SLP's 6 numbers didn't come up in the lotto draw - Souness's fault

The fact I'm trying to make is that (with the exception of the last comment which is quite obviously down to SLP's ineptitude to pick decent numbers), all of the points are something which is not new to any of us and were things we suffered under Robson, Gullit and, to some extent, Keegan.

Can anyone tell me if that makes sense or are you all with Isegrim? :rolleyes:

I actually think it's Souness's fault. Seriously though, people are generally either Souness is shit but not the anti-Christ or Souness IS the anti-Christ. That plus the fact that we are struggling to find our form and have been for a while tends to stiffle the debate to the extent that we are all just picking faults to a greater or lesser extent with NUFC. I think some people, myself included sometimes defend Souness (some good signings etc.) just because everyone else is having a pop. Gemmill loves him though :rolleyes: