Where do you all sit in St James and whats the atmosphere like?

NUFC_Mag

Quick question for everyone, whereabouts do you regulary sit in St James and what are the noise levels like in that area?

I'm a big fan of the singing section in Level 7 which is outstanding, but the noise from the majority of the rest of the ground can be dissapointing at times.

What are your thoughts? would you embrace two singing areas to pump up the noise? is there the desire and ability to do that on this site?

The atmosphere generally at home games is shite, thats in most area's. Though, I would have to say that today level 7 (near the away fans) was pretty good. But its not always like that, far from it.

I sit SJH Mid tier and its well below par. We used to pick up from what was started by those in the corner, but thats quiet these days.

The atmosphere generally at home games is shite, thats in most area's. Though, I would have to say that today level 7 (near the away fans) was pretty good. But its not always like that, far from it.

I sit SJH Mid tier and its well below par. We used to pick up from what was started by those in the corner, but thats quiet these days.

Since my self-imposed exile. Coincidence? I think not.

:lol::blush::jonas: :jonas:

ditto

Wonder if come the possible promotion match whether Ashley will lay on the free scarfes, cow horns etc to try and get a decent party atmosphere going.

Personally I think the atmosphere has been shit for longer than I care to remember.

I have had season tickets in level 7 family and Bar 1892 and really little difference in terms of noise. Family full of young uns playing on DS's and 1892 full of old men.

Since giving up the season ticket I have had a bit sit elsewhere but find 1892 the right distance and height too watch the game.

Always preferred to have a side view than an end view.

back row of east stand right on the halfway line cracking seat. allows me to stand up all game as i hate sitting down.

Atmospheres non existant like

Edited by JaMoUsE

Is there no desire upon the forum to create another singing section with banners etc?

The lack of noise is tragic at times and some clubs have had a high degree of success with it. (Youtube -Celtics "Green Brigade" who are particulary outstanding)

Is there no desire upon the forum to create another singing section with banners etc?

The lack of noise is tragic at times and some clubs have had a high degree of success with it. (Youtube -Celtics "Green Brigade" who are particulary outstanding)

We have one though, I dont see the logic in creating another. The idea is that we have an entire level set aside for those that want to sing, creating another section would either bomb miserably (imho) or would result in a number of those from L7 moving to the new one thereby reducing the numbers in L7 and the subsequent noise created. In turn that would mean more "non-singing" fans would be placed in L7 which would result in more trouble from those who think they're going to be able to sit and watch the match without people standing up around them.

As far as I can see, what needs to be done is increase L7's voice, not dissapate it into smaller groups elsewhere, increase that, get them singing a wider range of songs with some good oldies in there and try to motivate the rest of the ground to join in.

SJP is not designed for banners (unfortunately), there are no areas where a banner could logically be placed, other than L7 and hanging over the balcony which, if memory serves me has already been tried and battered down by the stewards although Im sure the likes of HF and the lads from the Ultras will be able to confirm/ refute.

Edit: And Im in the NE corner, the atmosphere is fairly quiet although when a song does get going theres plenty of us joining in, but I refuse to join the bloke 3 rows in front who permanently tries for Toon Toon, Black n White Army....

We have one though, I dont see the logic in creating another. The idea is that we have an entire level set aside for those that want to sing, creating another section would either bomb miserably (imho) or would result in a number of those from L7 moving to the new one thereby reducing the numbers in L7 and the subsequent noise created. In turn that would mean more "non-singing" fans would be placed in L7 which would result in more trouble from those who think they're going to be able to sit and watch the match without people standing up around them.

As far as I can see, what needs to be done is increase L7's voice, not dissapate it into smaller groups elsewhere, increase that, get them singing a wider range of songs with some good oldies in there and try to motivate the rest of the ground to join in.

SJP is not designed for banners (unfortunately), there are no areas where a banner could logically be placed, other than L7 and hanging over the balcony which, if memory serves me has already been tried and battered down by the stewards although Im sure the likes of HF and the lads from the Ultras will be able to confirm/ refute.

Edit: And Im in the NE corner, the atmosphere is fairly quiet although when a song does get going theres plenty of us joining in, but I refuse to join the bloke 3 rows in front who permanently tries for Toon Toon, Black n White Army....

20088765.th.png

What about displaying banners where I have highlighted in this picture?

20088765.th.png

That's L7

I think the banners only get pulled down when they're calling Ashley a rapist and that kind of thing though.

Edited by Happy Face

back row of east stand right on the halfway line cracking seat. allows me to stand up all game as i hate sitting down.

Spooky. Same here, but about ten seats closer to the Gallowgate.

Standing in the back row is fookin ace and it helps wor lasses gammy knee! The atmosphere in the East Stand Library is usually shite, but I join in the Gallowgate/Leazes chants now & then - which sounds good cos the noise bounces straight off the roof immediately above me.

Over the last few years we've basically traded up our seats as better ones became available. The atmosphere in the ground has generally got worse over that time. The best I've witnessed was the Shearer Testimonial, when we were on the front row of the east stand. Incredible.

We started in SJH L7 next to the windows (if the match was shit there was always the consolation of a cracking view, or the challenge of getting your paper plane down onto the pitch) and gradually got in line behind the goal. We then hopped down to SJH NW corner near the players box (where we saw the comedy sized plaster-cast on Marcelino's finger), moved down closer to the corner flag and then last season got into the back row of the east stand in line with the edge of the Leazes penalty box. Another polite letter to the box office at renewal time got the current seats. I guess my perfect seats would be about 15 rows further forward with a concrete wall immediately behind, so we could stand without blocking others' view, but I think the stewards would probably give us grief.

It takes ages to get out at F/T.

Generally most home support from most teams is poor. I've sat in two places with my season ticket. I first got my ST in 2000 after the extention. I was in the Milburn Paddock and the atmosphere there was always disgraceful. The last two season I have been in the Gallowgate which is better.

Guest Barrack Road

When Newcastle have a good side, the atmosphere is good in big games regardless where you sit.

To be honest I moved to a new seat this season but still in Level 7, and I don't sing that much. The two blokes next to me late 40's, both known figures in certain circles, are such good crack, I literally talk to them and have a laugh for 90 minutes. We were talking about romance on Saturday and one of them said my idea of romance is takin wor lass to the club when the Excelsior bingo's on :lol: a divvint think he was kiddin neither. I've never been happier in a seat, the atmosphere around us is ok if we're playin well, the Cardiff was mint. Just depends really, it doesnt help when every away support is shit too.

Edited by Barrack Road

20088765.th.png

That's L7

I think the banners only get pulled down when they're calling Ashley a rapist and that kind of thing though.

Is that Johny Decker in your avatar? :lol:

You must sit (stand) near me. As you say cracking view and value for money, but the demographics of the East stand make for a poor atmosphere.

Good points. I am aware of clubs with numerous singing sections that work well (Jungle Boys, Green Brigade at Celtic etc) although it does seem a bit risky, and could be counter productive.

Ive hassled the Ultras forum a bit with banner ideas and there seemed some positive responses, although a general lack of manpower/money.

The area in the picture looks a good start yet there can always be halftime/prematch displays which can take place within the crowd. For example;

http://media.photobucket.com/image/celtic%...bs/DSC_0170.jpg

http://luketraynor.merseyblogs.co.uk/kopinbloom.jpg

http://www.unitedonfire.co.uk/wp-content/u...d_city_fans.jpg

Dont know what people thinks of this? I know Stoke have a one of the clubs logo which is paraded before every home game.

Iv always favoured the east stand bang on half way as far back a possible obviously for the view, as for atmosphere i dont think there is anywhere in the ground which is particually great anymore.

Its not what it used to be.

For great atmosphere and banter you will only find that away from home.

Shame...Its not so much the FMA reign thats caused this although its certainly had an impact but the atmosphere at St James has been on the wane since we expanded the ground. Maybe even longer tbh imo.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

What was that rather dark classical choon we ran out to before local hero came on?

Man i fuckin loved that shit...really got the crowd buzzing and id imagine it got the players geed up too!

Cant for the life of me think what it was called...anyone?