England's World Cup TV schedule

Sonatine

2018, aye. And they are all indoor and air-conditioned. Meant to be the future of Gulf football and all that nonsense. I could see a joint Qatar/UAE bid getting it at some point in the not-too-distant future. Big money to be made there.

Massive indoor air-conditioned stadiums sounds like a fan-fucking-tastic idea in the middle of a desert. Great for the environment and all that.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon right if every football fan in the world was polled - where would you like the World Cup next time round excluding your own country, open to any country even if they've just hosted one, I think 80% would say England. That sums it up.

sums it up? you've invented a random, nonexistant statistic and think that thats this whole situation summed up?

;)

Funny to read Stevie's posts. Got to love the self-awarded divine right he's granted England.

And FFS he's even left Brazil, the most sucessful National side in the World, off his list of places where it is to be hosted. In fact South America in total is left off the list despite that continent having won 9 World Cups. :icon_lol: That's half of the total World Cup with the other 9 having gone to European sides.

10 World Cups have been hosted in Europe, 4 in South America, 3 in North America and 1 in Asia. Having hosted so many, and having such a large percentage of competing teams you'd have thought that Europe would have won a proportionate number of titles. Apparently not.

;)

Pipe down, convict.

2018, aye. And they are all indoor and air-conditioned. Meant to be the future of Gulf football and all that nonsense. I could see a joint Qatar/UAE bid getting it at some point in the not-too-distant future. Big money to be made there.

Massive indoor air-conditioned stadiums sounds like a fan-fucking-tastic idea in the middle of a desert. Great for the environment and all that.

better than 50,000 bodies dead in a stadium through sunstroke I'd have thought...............

better than 50,000 bodies dead in a stadium through sunstroke I'd have thought...............

No shit. But why play football in a desert if you don't have to?

No shit. But why play football in a desert if you don't have to?

world game mate, world game

why play it on a pile of s*** in freezing temperatures surrounded by 50,000 morons? No idea but we'll still have to go to the Stadium of S*** next season..........................

FUCK..... Rooney's injured.

Awaiting a scan. Taggart doesn't think it's too serious, here's hoping. You'd have thought we'd know if he'd broken something by now.

Off work for all our group games (doing nights when the third one is on so will have to wake up in the middle of the day for it). :D

FUCK..... Rooney's injured.

Awaiting a scan. Taggart doesn't think it's too serious, here's hoping. You'd have thought we'd know if he'd broken something by now.

Off work for all our group games (doing nights when the third one is on so will have to wake up in the middle of the day for it). :D

they didnt seem to think it was much on SSN last night, speculated that a strap on it would have him alright for the weekend, cant see ferguson rushing him

Booked my holiday a couple of days ago. Departure on the 11th (day before our opener) and staying till the 2nd of July (quarter final day), so we'll be knocked out by the time I get back.

It was either June or Septermber though and I'd rather miss the world cup than a month of Newcastle games.

Guest Barrack Road
Booked my holiday a couple of days ago. Departure on the 11th (day before our opener) and staying till the 2nd of July (quarter final day), so we'll be knocked out by the time I get back.

It was either June or Septermber though and I'd rather miss the world cup than a month of Newcastle games.

Where ye gann?

where are you going? you'll do well to get somewhere that you actually "miss" the world cup

where are you going? you'll do well to get somewhere that you actually "miss" the world cup

Florida.

Could be canny to find a local sports bar for our first game, Toon top on, St George around my neck and rip the shit out of the locals while we rape the shit out of the yanks.

Whey, i mean I'll miss the packed out boozers at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, all the part timers that know nowt bringing their lass along so it takes an hour to get served like new Year and the dicks at work who try to talk football to me for the first time in 4 years.

I'm missing nowt am I :D

Edited by Happy Face

Florida.

Could be canny to find a local sports bar for our first game, Toon top on, St George around my neck and rip the shit out of the locals while we rape the shit out of the yanks.

Big place. Anywhere in particular?

Our due dates the 24th, more experienced fathers than me seem to be suppressing laughter when i explain my plan of being off work in front of the telly, baby on knee, can of lager in one hand and betting slip in the other.

Whey, i mean I'll miss the packed out boozers at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, all the part timers that know nowt bringing their lass along so it takes an hour to get served like new Year and the dicks at work who try to talk football to me for the first time in 4 years.

I'm missing nowt am I :D

Im watching at home mate

cant be arsed with all that other bollocks

I've a mate spending this uni year in california hes here a few days after the US game but hes said that everyone in the country has got world cup fever on a scale hes never seen before, they're going crazy for it so that game over there should be brilliant

Florida.

Big place. Anywhere in particular?

Our due dates the 24th, more experienced fathers than me seem to be suppressing laughter when i explain my plan of being off work in front of the telly, baby on knee, can of lager in one hand and betting slip in the other.

Staying in Brooksville.

So as not to divert from the topic...

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=680877

:D

My cousin and a mate both have young uns on the way in June too.

Unfortunatley, if he scores the world cup winning goal, there's going to be a load of baby's called Emile.

Unfortunatley, if he scores the world cup winning goal, there's going to be a load of baby's called Emile.

Or worse still, Wayne.

• 4 weeks later...

Support builds for Qatar's 2022 WC bid:

The Qatari capital of Doha has been the epicentre of Asian football this past week, a veritable volcano of regional football news which has spewed some interesting conclusions.

First the draw for the Asian Cup final in Qatar in January 2011 was held at the Aspire Dome in Doha, bringing together the best of Asian football. Then, just a day later, FIFA President Sepp Blatter arrived to proclaim his support for Qatar's 2022 World Cup bid in a surprisingly outspoken manner.

The latter piece of news seems perhaps the more significant in the world view of the game. It was after all Blatter who wholeheartedly supported the idea of a World Cup on the African continent. And here we are, just weeks away from that dream becoming a reality.

Now Blatter has arrived in Qatar and made the following, highly interesting remark:

"The Arab world deserves to host the World Cup. We are now nearing the end of the bidding process for the World Cups in 2018 and 2022 and Qatar is the only country bidding from the Middle East. I was an advocate of the FIFA's rotation policy. It was important to bring the World Cup to North America and Africa. Now I strongly feel that the World Cup should come to Qatar."

This is a strong statement indeed in support of a bid that has hitherto been seen as somewhat of an outsider, albeit one with a great deal of hidden potential. Whilst fellow Asian bidders Indonesia have withdrawn from the bidding process because of a lack of government backing, Qatar's bid has a full backing from their government.

Whilst bidding rivals Australia have been troubled by other sports claiming their right to use the facilities planned for the tournament, Qatar has proposed to send parts of its modular stadia around the world after the finals are over, to serve as a sporting legacy for poorer countries.

Finally, whilst bidding rivals like Japan, South Korea, the USA or Mexico have already hosted the finals, Qatar - much like South Africa this year - can offer the extremely important socio-political message of spreading the game to new regions of the globe.

Furthermore, there is a direct link between the World Cup in South Africa and a possible first World Cup in the Middle East.

Blatter, who has not yet decided whether to stand for re-election as FIFA President next year, told reporters in Doha: "I have said, let's wait for the World Cup because it is 'my' World Cup and there are many eyes in the European media looking at me to see how this tournament will be delivered.

"To bring the World Cup to Africa was a project I had in mind 35 years ago, when in February 1976 I undertook a technical course in Addis Ababa. The Arabic world deserves a World Cup. They have 22 countries and have not had any opportunity to organise the tournament. When I was first in Qatar there were 400,000 people here and now there are 1.6 million. In terms of infrastructure, when you are able to organise the Asian Games in 2006, with more than 30 events for men and women, then that is not in question."

What may weigh in as part of the question is how well South Africa performs its hosting duties. If the World Cup in South Africa turns out to be an overwhelming success, it could be a great argument for FIFA to award more finals to parts of the world which have never hosted the tournament before. On the other hand a mediocre World Cup in Africa may weigh in negatively on the FIFA choice this December.

Of course a poor World Cup in South Africa would not mean that Qatar cannot host the finals wonderfully, or vice versa. But it could indeed be an important stepping stone towards more top tournaments being awarded to countries outside of the traditional hosting circle.

The Qataris already have much hosting experience, of course. This coming January, just six months after the finals in South Africa, they will host the best Asian football nations in the Asian Cup 2011. The draw revealed a Group A in which the hosts have been drawn with Gulf rivals Kuwait, former runners-up China and tricky Uzbekistan, whom Qatar will meet in the tournament opener on January 7.

Another interesting group is that containing Australia, Bahrain, Korea Republic and India. The Indians, coached by Bob Houghton will be looking to spring the surprise of the tournament, although they are of course rank outsiders, as Houghton admitted.

"The ranking itself speaks about the difference in standards," he said. "Australia are 19th in the world and India are ranked 132. Bahrain are also good. The best advantage I have is I will be having six months with the team together, including a couple of months training in Europe. It's a big ask but we will be better prepared. I know that there are lots of Indians here in Doha, especially Keralites. It'll be nice to have their support, but we need to deliver on the field as well."

In contrast, host nation Qatar will be especially keen to deliver off the pitch, especially considering Blatter's praise and the fact that they could find themselves a World Cup host nation by the time the tournament kicks off in January 2011.

Link: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/col...5901&ver=us

:razz:

Or worse still, Wayne.

Or Theo ;)

:icon_lol: If only.....

What it will actually be is:

Game on in the background, you on the floor getting covered in shite and puke trying to change a nappy whilst attempting to watch the game. The bairn will be screaming it's nut off as you smear Bepanthen in it's eye for the 2nd time because you aren't watching what you're doing.

You'll promise yourself you will sit and watch a match but inevitably, once the baby has settled and nodded off on your arm, you'll have missed Rooney's hat trick against the USA because you've nodded off and you'll awake to find the can of lager that was in your hand has emptied itself into your crotch as you fell asleep.

Possibly....... :razz:;)

:lol: If only.....

What it will actually be is:

Game on in the background, you on the floor getting covered in shite and puke trying to change a nappy whilst attempting to watch the game. The bairn will be screaming it's nut off as you smear Bepanthen in it's eye for the 2nd time because you aren't watching what you're doing.

You'll promise yourself you will sit and watch a match but inevitably, once the baby has settled and nodded off on your arm, you'll have missed Rooney's hat trick against the USA because you've nodded off and you'll awake to find the can of lager that was in your hand has emptied itself into your crotch as you fell asleep.

Possibly....... ;):icon_lol:

:razz: Fuuuuuuuuuccckkkkk.

I am expecting our lass to be on hand too, at least during the england matches.

*googles Bepanthen....