Sky Sports News to leave Freeview

khay

Sky HD is well worth it.

I'm looking to get that when I move gaffs as Virgin isn't available in the area. First time I've ever seen that sky actually works out cheaper than Virgin... just a shame that sky's internet is so crap (from what I can remember) whereas Virgin internet is quality.

Not had a problem with my Sky internet. Only ever with BT. I guess it can depend on location though.

Im on Sky broadband (Sky+, Phone and Net package) and its crap compared to Virgin broadband. Im supposed to be getting 'up to' 20mb when in reality it is, at this very moment, 6024kbps download and 504kbps upload. http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/

as for the op, doesnt really affect me as im not on freeview but its still canny shit. fucking Sky!!

I'm a bit pissed off for some of my Nanna & Granda who like to watch it and they will be wondering where it's gone.

Just explain to them that Sky wanted a more synergised leisure experience across the new platform model.

They'll understand.

Sky+ is free with Sky you nobber :icon_lol:

It's £10 actually, but is subbed if you subscribe to any of the Sky packages. So if you cancelled Sky and kept your Sky+ box to watch FTA channels, then you wouldn't have the recording functionality unless you paid the £10 monthly sub for the Sky+ service. :angry: