Driving

Andrew

Starting learning to drive again tomorrow, was learning at college but then headed off to uni in Manchester and stopped

been putting it off for ages but since a job doesnt seem to be forthcoming this summer I felt I might as well get on with something

I'm oddly excited actually, had a little bumble around in my dads car last week and remembered that when I was learning I actually liked driving

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will be fine.

All your press ups will mean you will be able to move the steering wheel both left and right. :D

oh good, I was worried about that :(

Good luck, IIRC toontasticers don't have the best record when it comes to passing. I recall announcing my two failures loudly and swearily on one of the old incarnations.

Seven fucking years ago.

Christ.

Im looking to change my car shortly.

was looking at the phaetons but the bairn in me wants a vxr vectra.

Aren't those phaetons just mentally powerful anyway?

Im looking to change my car shortly.

was looking at the phaetons but the bairn in me wants a vxr vectra.

Aren't those phaetons just mentally powerful anyway?

the engines start at 3 litres but the phaeton is a very, very heavy car. so while the base model will have a high-ish top speed it wont be quick off the mark.

the 6 litre w12 model is like shit off a stick and can hit 200mph though. id imagine the running costs are equally as high too.

christ wish that had been my test, managed to surprise myself with the perfect driving lesson

weird that I hadnt even passed before but it just all came back right away, easy peasy

Nice one. How much are lessons these days?

When I first started it was 17£ (Local Town) and about 5 years later it was 27 pounds in Aberdeen.

Nice one. How much are lessons these days?

When I first started it was 17£ (Local Town) and about 5 years later it was 27 pounds in Aberdeen.

the bloke whos teaching me charges £22 a lesson, can get cheaper ones in burnley but this bloke has taught a few of my friends and theyve had nothing but good to say about him so...

• 2 weeks later...
I thought you wanted to get into Computer Science...

What does that have to do with buying a car :jesuswept:

It's just that a Clio is a Hairdresser's car mate :yahoo:

Is it feck :yahoo: I think they're class, always wanted one of those black ones. My friend has one of the 09 ones in black, don't really like them because i think they're too big or something at the back.

That ones class but. 65k miles, power steering and the works :yahoo:

:jesuswept: in all seriousness I've never liked French cars. In my (admittedly second hand) experience of them, they've been unreliable and beyond temperamental.

I learned to drive in a Clio. Nuff said. :yahoo:

What does that have to do with buying a car :yahoo:

I learned to drive in a Clio. Nuff said. :yahoo:

:jesuswept:

Anyway, what did you think of it?

He probably thought "... well this confirms it"

Nope :jesuswept: I still want one :yahoo:

What's it actually like driving? I can't wait, does it get annoying after a while?

Anyway, what did you think of it?

Probably as good as any "learner's" car really. You want something compact and easy to zip around in since you're not exactly going to be burning it up on the motorways anyway.

As for driving itself, I've done it a grand total of once in the last 10 years or so (a hire car when we moved house last year). Didn't crash or anything, though kept forgetting to change down to first at red lights. :jesuswept: Anyway, I really enjoy driving, though I'm sure I'd get bored of it if I had to do it for a living - just never really had cause to, between Germany and London you're not exactly short of public transport.

Mind, I drove everywhere after I passed my test. Even down to the corner shop to get the paper, at least if my parents weren't around and I could get my hands on the car. Apparently the novelty does take a while to wear off... :jesuswept: