Tom Cleverley

Kevin

Kevin Keegan must be in total despair, that the expectations he raised backed by the directors which lasted for 15 years, have sank back to the levels they were when he played for the club again.

Has there been a day in your life for which you've not looked for a way to praise the old board?

well, was there a day in the lives of many people that they didn't complain how embarrassed they were when we had a board that had ambition to bring the best players possible to the club and was playing regularly in europe ?

Sorry mate, but that is telling it like it is, as brummiemag has also done. These sort of comments are totally applicable to these sort of posts. Why do you reply to me if it bothers you so much that I reply back ?

For the hundredth thousandth time, not everythign the old board did was wonderful, but they DID do a great job for the club, had ambition, and were largely unappreciated by many people who clearly showed they were clueless in doing so.

I would like to move on, but seeing people accept these 3rd rate standards is depressing enough.

'Begrudgingly accept' is the phrase you're looking for. I'm no fan of Ashley in his own right, no need to compare him to the previous regime who were deeply flawed as well. They made their mistakes and rightly got called out for it. Most of us are sane enough to understand that as a club Ashley has somehow managed to take us back further than the old board did so you needn't constantly remind us. Most appreciate that Shepherd et al weren't all bad.

Doesn't mean I like it but what exactly can I do? I'm not going to join any future protests, I'm not going to boycott the match, and if I want a shirt for example I'll buy it etc.

As much as it pains you surely even you can see the positive in at least gaining a bit of stability. Nothing will change this summer and the last thing we need for the coming season is uncertainty off the pitch.

'Begrudgingly accept' is the phrase you're looking for. I'm no fan of Ashley in his own right, no need to compare him to the previous regime who were deeply flawed as well. They made their mistakes and rightly got called out for it. Most of us are sane enough to understand that as a club Ashley has somehow managed to take us back further than the old board did so you needn't constantly remind us. Most appreciate that Shepherd et al weren't all bad.

Doesn't mean I like it but what exactly can I do? I'm not going to join any future protests, I'm not going to boycott the match, and if I want a shirt for example I'll buy it etc.

As much as it pains you surely even you can see the positive in at least gaining a bit of stability. Nothing will change this summer and the last thing we need for the coming season is uncertainty off the pitch.

I agree with most of what you say, but I just didn't see the point of your last post for myself [and I'm not the only one either there are others] making comments in keeping with the subject of the thread and the current situation at the club.

Personally i'm in favour of the loans from the top clubs. We all hate Ashley and we all know the club is never going anywhere while he remains here, but i'm afraid he is here so we need to get the best we can under his fucked up regime.

And that means loaning quality young players from the likes of manu and arsenal so for that season we get a good player with something to prove and we can spend what little money is available on other positions in the team.

Its really depressing that we are now in the position of needing to go begging for players from these clubs instead of trying to match them, but that's where we are, and since we can't get rid of Ashley and change anything as of yet we're gbetter of loaning them than having nobody.

• 1 month later...