Geordies top poll of most confusing accents

kockhead

Geordies are the most difficult people to understand, followed by Scousers, according to a new poll.

The full list of the most confusing regional accents is as follows:

1. Geordie 82%

2. Scouse 81%

3. Scottish 75%

4. Welsh 70%

5. Irish 69%

6. Brummie 66%

7. Somerset 61%

8. Cockney 60%

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/A...s=searchresults

"WYE AYE MAN I TALK HALF ENGLISH HALF SCOTTISH"

Edited by kockhead

It's partly because:-

1. we speak so quickly - geordie is very rapid

2. we still use a lot of dialect words

3. Geordie also is highly inflected - lots of emphasis, lots of up-and-downs - like Welsh but on speed

and

4. we normally talk s**** to strangers

3. Geordie also is highly inflected - lots of emphasis, lots of up-and-downs - like Welsh but on speed

and

I thought air hosties lost their accent in the rise of being a true global citizen.

Although the underlined rings true :D

Edited by sammynb

and

Why am i thinking of grannies sucking eggs?

I do know that everyone complements me on the clarity of my English compared to all of my British colleagues. The worst people for my mostly French, German and Spanish colleagues are from the south of England. They complain of mumbling, lack of clarity in pronunciation and merging lots of words into incomprehensible blurs. The two people who were complained about the most were from Kent and Reading. I couldn't comment on scousers as I have never met one at a senior corporate level.

I couldn't comment on scousers as I have never met one at a senior corporate level.

You taking the piss their mate? Well your talking shit the boss of Tescos is a scouser. You think your big time senior corporate level. Your taking the piss you type like a binman.

Edited by kockhead

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Geordies are the most difficult people to understand, followed by Scousers, according to a new poll.

The full list of the most confusing regional accents is as follows:

1. Geordie 82%

2. Scouse 81%

3. Scottish 75%

4. Welsh 70%

5. Irish 69%

6. Brummie 66%

7. Somerset 61%

8. Cockney 60%

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/A...s=searchresults

"WYE AYE MAN I TALK HALF ENGLISH HALF SCOTTISH"

Better than speaking half Welsh you scouse bastard. Ask yourself do scousers talk like cunts? You know the answer. I believe 95% of this country would say you do.

I couldn't comment on scousers as I have never met one at a senior corporate level.

You taking the piss their mate? Well your talking shit the boss of Tescos is a scouser. You think your big time senior corporate level. Your taking the piss you type like a binman.

How many edits do you want btw? :D

I do know that everyone complements me on the clarity of my English compared to all of my British colleagues. The worst people for my mostly French, German and Spanish colleagues are from the south of England. They complain of mumbling, lack of clarity in pronunciation and merging lots of words into incomprehensible blurs. The two people who were complained about the most were from Kent and Reading. I couldn't comment on scousers as I have never met one at a senior corporate level.

:D

I like how you did that you rascal. :razz:

Better than speaking half Welsh you scouse bastard. Ask yourself do scousers talk like cunts? You know the answer. I believe 95% of this country would say you do.

I'll say the women love it and the men hate it. I'd rather speak scouse than Geordie. Geordie reminds of fat beer bloke with no top on shouting Wye Aye Man.

As I said, I can't comment as I've never met one. Tescos is small fry anyway.

Tesco the UKs biggest supermarket and the man in charge a scouser.

Edited by kockhead

I'll say the women love it and the men hate it. I'd rather speak scouse than Geordie. Geordie reminds of fat beer bloke with no top on shouting Wye Aye Man.

Woooosh! :D

Your stand-up must be class like. Are you on the Isle of Man ferry?

I'm fully booked RMS Queen Mary 2 this month starting Monday mate. I work on a lot of cruise boats. Started of Butlins performing after H from steps now I've hit the big time. BBC3 approached about a show but I want BBC1 mate so I rejected them.

4029442110_aa99a3d22e.jpg

QUEEN MARY 2 LIVERPOOL KOPHEADS WORKPLACE

Edited by kockhead

Tescos may well be Britain's largest supermarket but with profits of merely 2bn, a Market cap of about 30bn, it is in the lower leagues of the corporate world. Anyway, he left Liverpool as soon as he could as he could never find a job, a job, walk on, walk on etc.

Your stand-up must be class like. Are you on the Isle of Man ferry?

I'm fully booked RMS Queen Mary 2 this month starting Monday mate. I work on a lot of cruise boats. Started of Butins performing after H from steps now I've hit the big time. BBC3 approached about a show but I want BBC1 mate so I rejected them.

...and they say the license fee is worth it. :D

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Why lie? Scouse accents remind me why I like the fact I was born human.