Slitty eyed Scousers?

Rob W

Won't happen. The Yanks want a profit. :D

They don't get any say in it do they?

Huang is supposed to be buying the debt from RBS....which would mean he can take the club in October when Hicks and that fail to pay it off.

Won't happen. The Yanks want a profit. :D

They don't get any say in it do they?

Huang is supposed to be buying the debt from RBS....which would mean he can take the club in October when Hicks and that fail to pay it off.

I would love it if that pair get fucked over. They are the type to hang on imo till they get some kind of deal.

The Chinese have been selling shares in Morgan Stanley so they can russle up the cash apparently. Nearly a win win for Parky but not quite.

THE Chinese government appears to be behind one of the most serious bids to buy Liverpool FC from its American owners, the ECHO has learned.

The ECHO has been given strong indications businessman Kenny Huang is working in partnership with the China Investment Corporation (CIC) to buy Liverpool.

China has huge foreign exchange reserves of $2.45trillion (£1.54 trillion) which it is looking to invest as it seeks to generate more wealth and pull two thirds of its population out of poverty.

The communist state is also keen to create a new image for itself on the world stage as it becomes a dominant global power.

We'll have more money than City. Spring rolls half time. Free kung fu lessons for Gerrard

THE Chinese government appears to be behind one of the most serious bids to buy Liverpool FC from its American owners, the ECHO has learned.

The ECHO has been given strong indications businessman Kenny Huang is working in partnership with the China Investment Corporation (CIC) to buy Liverpool.

China has huge foreign exchange reserves of $2.45trillion (£1.54 trillion) which it is looking to invest as it seeks to generate more wealth and pull two thirds of its population out of poverty.

The communist state is also keen to create a new image for itself on the world stage as it becomes a dominant global power.

We'll have more money than City. Spring rolls half time. Free kung fu lessons for Gerrard

Like he fucking needs them!

Tom Hicks has just sold the Texas Rangers baseball team for just under $600 million a few hours ago. Not that he'll see much of it as he defaulted on a huge loan last year and the club was auctioned off. I can't see him turning down a decent offer as he's in a hole.

China buying up US debts?

Strange how Football immitates life.

This deal is really bothering me, enless amounts of cash as they have. :scratchchin:

Huang owns 20-30% of an NBA team too (Cleveland Cavaliers I think?) if I remember right.

Wasn't that whole point made whilst we were 'up for sale' last summer that any realistic bidders would remain anonymous and those who either say they're interested or the press get wind of would likely be 'pie in the sky'?

Huang doesn't own any part of any sports club. He's been the middle man for some investments though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Cav...eBron_James_Era

In May 2009, QSL Sports of Hong Kong fronted by Kenny Huang bought a 15% stake in the franhise.[3] On June 25, 2009, 4-time NBA Champion and 15-time All-Star center Shaquille O'Neal was traded from the Phoenix Suns to the Cavaliers. The trade sent Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic to Phoenix along with the 46th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft and $500,000 in cash considerations.[8]

Isn't that like saying Phil Anschutz doesn't own the Galaxy, AEG does?

Wasn't that whole point made whilst we were 'up for sale' last summer that any realistic bidders would remain anonymous and those who either say they're interested or the press get wind of would likely be 'pie in the sky'?

I think Huang does have a better track record of sports investment than Moat or Uncle Fester.

Huang doesn't own any part of any sports club. He's been the middle man for some investments though.

In May 2009, QSL Sports of Hong Kong fronted by Kenny Huang bought a 15% stake in the franhise.[3] On June 25, 2009, 4-time NBA Champion and 15-time All-Star center Shaquille O'Neal was traded from the Phoenix Suns to the Cavaliers. The trade sent Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic to Phoenix along with the 46th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft and $500,000 in cash considerations.[8]

The American sports journalist i was listening to on 5 live the other day tried to dampen that rumour...

Investigation into Huang’s background can allay a few misconceptions. The Chinese businessman is not a billionaire and he does not own, as has widely been reported, a 15 per cent stake in the NBA basketball team Cleveland Cavaliers. Indeed, he released a wide-ranging press statement in April that confirmed this.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010...billionaire-but

From the FT:

China's CIC denies interest in Liverpool FC

A spokesperson for China Investment Corp, the country’s main sovereign wealth fund, told the Financial Times they had never heard of a plan to buy Liverpool FC or of Kenneth Huang, the man widely reported to be fronting a Chinese bid to buy the English Premier League club.

The American sports journalist i was listening to on 5 live the other day tried to dampen that rumour...

Investigation into Huang’s background can allay a few misconceptions. The Chinese businessman is not a billionaire and he does not own, as has widely been reported, a 15 per cent stake in the NBA basketball team Cleveland Cavaliers. Indeed, he released a wide-ranging press statement in April that confirmed this.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010...billionaire-but

Ah, interesting.

Not to sound totally ignorant, but I have to admit I was wondering how a citizen of a communist country could conceivably become a billionaire.

From kophead:

If China are buying Liverpool they will keep it quiet until the deals done mate.

Not to sound totally ignorant, but I have to admit I was wondering how a citizen of a communist country could conceivably become a billionaire.

Roman Abramovich Russian billonaire

Edited by kockhead

From kophead:

If China are buying Liverpool they will keep it quiet until the deals done mate.

Roman Abramovich Russian billonaire

Roman Abramovich became a billionaire because he exploited the fallout of the breakdown of communism in the USSR you absolute melon! :scratchchin: