cricket

Dr Gloom

Yep. I'd consider Trott moving up to open as he's very steady. Bopara, Carberry or someone else can then come in at 3. Bell is not an option so high up in the order.

Trott doesn't want to open though. Carberry has to get a chance to open in the next test, we can't go to australia without a plan B.

nice to see so many bowling wickets this summer, even though it means we could end up being on the wrong end of another tonking in this test. too many chief executive's pitches last year.

Trott is a steady eddie like but not someone I'd like to rely on in the shorter game or in a run chase in a test match. Not in a great hurry to do anything. Cook is having a mare like, but then again so is Pietersen.

Yep. I'd consider Trott moving up to open as he's very steady. Bopara, Carberry or someone else can then come in at 3. Bell is not an option so high up in the order.

Trott doesn't want to open though. Carberry has to get a chance to open in the next test, we can't go to australia without a plan B.

Has Trott actually said that, as i was hoping they'd try him out as opener in these last 2 tests against Pakistan?

Cook is miles off at the moment and i thought he needed some time out of test cricket to sort himself out and the team needs to see somebody else opening to have another option in Australia.

the top order served up total garbage today like. about 150 below a par score there.

250 below id say. Wicket is as dry as can be.

it looped around in the air a fair bit in the first couple of sessions mind. still, 350 was gettable. i can't remember the last time we made a big sore of 500 or more. did we even make that much against bangladesh?

Trott's such a steady player where he is I wouldn't want to move him. Agree about Cook though. The Aussies'll be hoping he hits a bit of form because they'd love him to be in the side this winter.

the top order served up total garbage today like. about 150 below a par score there.

it looped around in the air a fair bit in the first couple of sessions mind. still, 350 was gettable. i can't remember the last time we made a big sore of 500 or more. did we even make that much against bangladesh?

Aye, 1st innings, 1st test.

ah, well that's only the equivalent of 300 against any other side, given their blowing attack

Edited by Dr Gloom

ah, well that's only the equivalent of 300 against any other side, given their blowing attack

Aye, I agree, I just remembered, that's all. I think we've been getting away with our batting lately thanks to the good bowlers we have.

We're good judges us two btw, writing Cook off :cuppa:

Anybody else watching this?

England properly in the shit when Broad came in yesterday at 107-7. The score is now 429-7, Broad has 168, Trott 179, the highest eighth wicket partnership in test matches, the best score by an England number 9, the records keep tumbling. Absolutely brilliant.

If it was in a film people would say it was too far-fetched. Amazing. Fair play to the Pakistan team yesterday at the end. Their attitude was great and they must've been sick as a fucking chip.

If it was in a film people would say it was too far-fetched. Amazing. Fair play to the Pakistan team yesterday at the end. Their attitude was great and they must've been sick as a fucking chip.

I know what you mean, i've never seen a test turnaround so dramatically. At 47 for 5 and 102 for 7 or whatever it was we were facing a potential humiliation and we end up with one of the biggest first innings totals we've scored in ages and then skittle them out for 70+, nobody could have predicted that!

Aye I think theyll abandon the test so all bets cancelled most likely. The bookies will be foaming after england were nearly bowled out every1 lumped on pakistan (other than the pakistand players who probably backed england and have collapsed on purpose)

It's just a shame that Broads performance of a lifetime will be overshadowed by this, and also the fact that Amir has potentially ended his career whilst hes still a teenager, despite being one of the most promising young bowlers around. No sympathy for him if he is found guily, mind.

Edited by JonGoodwyn

It's just a shame that Broads performance of a lifetime will be overshadowed by this, and also the fact that Amir has potentially ended his career whilst hes still a teenager, despite being one of the most promising young bowlers around. No sympathy for him if he is found guily, mind.

;):

An 18 year old with over 50 Test wickets. Why would he get involved with the future he had ahead of him? I guess if the senior guys are big into it and tell you that's what you're going to do, it's difficult for him not to go along with it. Pakistan finished as a Test nation.

Saw the footage on the news, absolutely disgraceful and all involved should be out of the game for good. There is no possible way they can deny it, the guy taking the money mentioned the exact overs in which the no-balls would happen and lo and behold they came about just as he said. But also anyone who watches cricket knows a really bad no ball is still usualyl not that far over the line by and large, but these ones had the heel of their foot over the line by a foot which is beyond anything i've seen, because it was deliberate.

Hopefully Trott and Broads work and that of the bowlers won't be undermined though, because as it stands the only stuff that's gone on was in regard to no-balls and i haven't seen any suggestion they tried to lose, so the English lad's achievements are still just as valid.