Man City Loans

2bias

During the game yesterday it was mentioned we were looking into getting some out of favour Man City players on loan.

CH has said this which is on .com

"We have been in touch with Manchester City, yes we have had a conversation. Whether they'll do business in the last week I don't know, but we would like to if the chance arises."

I would like to see us go for Santa Cruz if we can, I think he would be a good addition. Maybe even Wright-Phillips if he is available? Probably get neither and end up with Caceido though.

Thoughts????

Edited by 2bias

During the game yesterday it was mentioned we were looking into getting some out of favour Man City players on loan.

"We have been in touch with Manchester City, yes we have had a conversation. Whether they'll do business in the last week I don't know, but we would like to if the chance arises."

I would like to see us go for Santa Cruz if we can, I think he would be a good addition. Maybe even Wright-Phillips if he is available? Probably get neither and end up with Caceido though.

Thoughts????

I don't think Caicedo was that bad. Maybe I misremember? Haven't seen him in a while of course.

SWP might come to us on loan but I doubt we'd inquire after him. CH bought Routledge, I doubt he'd supplant him half a season on.

Thoughts????

I don't think Caicedo was that bad. Maybe I misremember? Haven't seen him in a while of course.

SWP might come to us on loan but I doubt we'd inquire after him. CH bought Routledge, I doubt he'd supplant him half a season on.

I'm not too sure on Caceido tbh. SWP has been being picked lately in their games so i doubt he will be available.

Thoughts????

I would prefer Caceido, he can cover on the wings and would be a better partner for Carroll.

Whats wrong with Santa Cruz? Similar player to Carroll, likes to lead the line as a lone striker.

Therefore in my eyes we need someone like that, so Carroll doesnt have to try and do what he did on Sunday for 38 games. We need competition for places, i'm sort of hoping we keep hold of Smith too who provides cover and competition for Tiote (who will probably pick up a ban or two).

Get rid of Best to Blackpool, Ranger on loan, then we would have AC, RSC, PL and SA.

No?

Guest Tuco Ramirez

To be honest I think the transfer system is farcical, might be going off a tangent here, but this 25 man squad thing is stupid. Fair enough if you're going to have it have it, but changing the 25 on September 1st, from your 25 mid August seems a farce to me. If you're going to have a stringent 25 man squad surely it should be decided by the start of the season, thus bringing the transfer window forward.

To be honest I think the transfer system is farcical, might be going off a tangent here, but this 25 man squad thing is stupid. Fair enough if you're going to have it have it, but changing the 25 on September 1st, from your 25 mid August seems a farce to me. If you're going to have a stringent 25 man squad surely it should be decided by the start of the season, thus bringing the transfer window forward.

I agree. And it's been brought in under the guise of developing young talent but I don't think it actually will (when you look at the criteria) - certainly there's not much of an emphasis on developing young English talent anyway, so what's the point? The transfer system is pretty daft anyway now I think.

Depends on whether you think teams should be allowed to look at what they have got in competitive matches before finalising transfers. If thats the principle then you have to allow the 25 to change.

It's not so much the cut-off point for me, it's more that it's a pointless set of half-baked regulations.

Plus by allowing clubs to change it means citeh can sell/loan all those players bought in June/July/early August out in place of the other team they bought mid August to Sept 1.

Edited by sammynb

i don't get the whole transfer window full stop. should be put back to open season for transfers all year around if you ask me.

The previous system still had a deadline during the season, that's what it should go back to imo.

i don't get the whole transfer window full stop. should be put back to open season for transfers all year around if you ask me.

The previous system still had a deadline during the season, that's what it should go back to imo.

wasn't it in march or something? you basically had the majority of the season to get your hosue in order.

i never really understood what was wrong with the old system or why fifa felt the need to change it. can't see how the transfer window has improved the game in any way

wasn't it in march or something? you basically had the majority of the season to get your hosue in order.

i never really understood what was wrong with the old system or why fifa felt the need to change it. can't see how the transfer window has improved the game in any way

Yeah, mid-March iirc, i.e. just to stop deals in the closing weeks which was fair enough. The current system benefits the bigger clubs with the deeper squads so, putting my cynical hat on, I think that's why it was brought in (it already existed in some other anyway too, I think).

Wouldnt Man City then just literally buy the title?

I suppose that's an argument but it's not one I really buy (no pun intended). I think they would already benefit from being able to bring in 25 top class players (plus dozens of U21s no doubt) whereas struggling clubs are stuck with what they've got from the end of January. I.e. I don't really think the window stops them going beserk it just stops poorer clubs selling to stay solvent or buying to stay up etc. outside the window.

I suppose that's an argument but it's not one I really buy (no pun intended). I think they would already benefit from being able to bring in 25 top class players (plus dozens of U21s no doubt) whereas struggling clubs are stuck with what they've got from the end of January. I.e. I don't really think the window stops them going beserk it just stops poorer clubs selling to stay solvent or buying to stay up etc. outside the window.

Tbf, if we're going down the route of football is a "business like any other" (abolition of transfer fees etc following Bosmann) then prohibition outside of a window is just an outright restraint of trade. And like you say, the effect on the poorer clubs is probably the harshest.

However the system ends up, its never going to be a perfect market so you will always be able to take advantage of it if you have the most money. It stops poorer clubs buying to stay up but at the same time stops poorer clubs losing their best players and going down.

Anyway, i only came in here to say Santa Cruz would be canny imo :lol: