Man City Loans

2bias

Wouldnt Man City then just literally buy the title?

I suppose that's an argument but it's not one I really buy (no pun intended). I think they would already benefit from being able to bring in 25 top class players (plus dozens of U21s no doubt) whereas struggling clubs are stuck with what they've got from the end of January. I.e. I don't really think the window stops them going beserk it just stops poorer clubs selling to stay solvent or buying to stay up etc. outside the window.

However the system ends up, its never going to be a perfect market so you will always be able to take advantage of it if you have the most money. It stops poorer clubs buying to stay up but at the same time stops poorer clubs losing their best players and going down.

Anyway, i only came in here to say Santa Cruz would be canny imo :lol:

I know it'll never be perfect, I think it disproportionately favours the bigger clubs is all I'm saying. I'd take him on loan as well btw. Your reasoning is spot on in that Carroll can't do it all on his own and the way he plays means he's liable to pick up knocks (what footballer isn't liable to pick up injuries anyway?) We still have a small squad as Ryan Taylor getting a run out should tell you.

I'd be more than happy with Santa Cruz on loan, he showed his quality at Blackburn and his eye for a goal, he's comfortably better than what we have to play with/instead of Carroll so go for it.

I wouldn't buy him because of his injury record, putting aside the fact we couldn't afford his fee or wages of course! But a loan would be a greatd eal for us.

I'd be more than happy with Santa Cruz on loan, he showed his quality at Blackburn and his eye for a goal, he's comfortably better than what we have to play with/instead of Carroll so go for it.

I wouldn't buy him because of his injury record, putting aside the fact we couldn't afford his fee or wages of course! But a loan would be a greatd eal for us.

I don't think he's really that good if I'm being honest - his goalscoring record over the years is far from special.

as a PL player its pretty good, taking into account he was largely a sub for man city so his 19(3) looks pretty poor he actually only started 6 of those

at blackburn he was pretty good, 23 goals in 53 starts there

Id take him