In America

Guest Tuco Ramirez

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=new...=&id=108423

He's been planning it for 2 months and no-one's said a peep.

At what point did it become a global cause? When he made the sign?

Trying to work out how the story grew by filtering by dates in google. There was nothing after this for a month....before Fox News picked up the story.....

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=new...=&id=108423

...and everyone went apeshit.

;)

most of whats wrong with the US wrapped up into two words

There is no point in having a religion if it isn't dangerous. © Parkour

Mankind has reached the stage in the 'Developed World' where any benefits of religion are outweighed by the negatives. It is all a great lie used to control the masses - Marx was spot on.

spot on Renton.

Is there any real need to use words like 'douche'? :)

no more reason than there is to use fuck, wanker....but I take your point, he's a douche nozzle

We'll it's just so 90's sitcom. :)

at the end of the day though parky, Canadians are just the mackems of North America aren't they ?

:)

and he thinks I'm joking ;)

i'm willing to bet you've never been to Canada LM....please prove me wrong... :)

No, I haven't and have no intention of going.

I know a jock who tried to settle there, but got sent home. Never stopped harping on about the place, we all wish he had stayed there.

He hates muslims by the way.

I think the korans were donated to him across America.

Self hating muslims?

Curious christians?

Anybody here actually read it btw? Please use spoilers, I don't want the ending ruined for me.

Turns out Mohammed can see dead people.

he's a teddy bear isn't he ;)

Mankind has reached the stage in the 'Developed World' where any benefits of religion are outweighed by the negatives. It is all a great lie used to control the masses - Marx was spot on.

spot on Renton.

Personally I'm sick of hearing about it, the idea that people can get so het up over someone burning a fictional storybook is ridiculous. I have more important things to worry about in my life, religions are so crazily primitive I see anyone getting worked up about them as complete morons and of no real benefit to the human race.

spot on Renton.

Personally I'm sick of hearing about it, the idea that people can get so het up over someone burning a fictional storybook is ridiculous. I have more important things to worry about in my life, religions are so crazily primitive I see anyone getting worked up about them as complete morons and of no real benefit to the human race.

yes, basically we are being dragged down by people who are little more than cavemen.

And the educated muslims should be lecturing their own, instead of preaching to us that we should put up with it.

spot on Renton.

yes, basically we are being dragged down by people who are little more than cavemen.

And the educated muslims should be lecturing their own, instead of preaching to us that we should put up with it.

Ker-ching, spot on.

spot on Renton.

An individual burning books is nowt worth worrying about. Fictional storybooks have been burnt by governments in the past on a scale I find disgusting though and would get het up about if it happened again. A distinction worth making I think.

spot on Renton.

An individual burning books is nowt worth worrying about. Fictional storybooks have been burnt by governments in the past on a scale I find disgusting though and would get het up about if it happened again. A distinction worth making I think.

We look forward to you standing in the centre of Tehran and exercising your right to free speech and telling them all how stupid they are ;)

spot on Renton.

Ker-ching, spot on.

;)

Yer what?

The educated muslim should defend the burning of the Koran?

spot on Renton.

Ker-ching, spot on.

;)

Yer what?

not quite........

tell them to show tolerance ?

[here we go]

spot on Renton.

We look forward to you standing in the centre of Tehran and exercising your right to free speech and telling them all how stupid they are ;)

Do you think Pastor Terry Jones should go to the middle east and fight like a man if he feels that strongly about it Leazes?

spot on Renton.

Ker-ching, spot on.

;)

Yer what?

not quite........

[here we go]

But no-one should tell the bloke burning the books to show a bit of tolerance? :)

Classic

spot on Renton.

Do you think Pastor Terry Jones should go to the middle east and fight like a man if he feels that strongly about it Leazes?

I didn't realise he was heckling muslim troops in their homeland ? Please show me a link to this ?

spot on Renton.

Ker-ching, spot on.

;)

Yer what?

not quite........

[here we go]

But no-one should tell the bloke burning the books to show a bit of tolerance? :)

Classic

eerrr...............they have :)

spot on Renton.

Ker-ching, spot on.

;)

Yer what?

not quite........

[here we go]

Classic

eerrr...............they have :)

As have leading muslims....

"We urge Muslims, wherever they are, to exercise the utmost restraint" - Iraq's top Shia cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/141952.html

Everyone's happy.

Most of the people having a whinge in this thread are just wishing for religion to go away. That's not going to happen in our lifetimes, so you may as well just wish for unicorns or scousers getting jobs (;)) or something else that won't ever exist. I know Leazes will have a go for "dictating rules" to you, but you are just going to have to accept that a billion Muslims see the Qur'an as - literally - the word of God and value it accordingly, whether or not you find that to be a rational belief.

Once you accept that given, it's not hard to see why someone trying to burn them is something people are going to get worked up over. And if you don't accept it, we aren't even having the same conversation, so I'm not going to waste time trying to throw apples at you when you're only after oranges.

Edited by acrossthepond

spot on Renton.

:) ...you're funny. you think that this argument says it all.

the onus has to be on civil society to uphold the values we have instituted into our founding documents. otherewise we are just paying lip service to ideals we say we are fighting for abroad. i agree its shitty when people with different agendas/ideals who have come to the west (NA, EU) from countries where they wouldn't enjoy the same freedoms we have, complain or protest about things or say nasty things about the west. but the freedoms we enjoy can't just be for those who were born here, they have to apply to everyone equally.

no one has ever questioned that we have it better in the west than in Tehran.

Scotland Conquered (1651-1650)

From Cromwell’s point of view his English republic was in danger. He begged the Scots to reconsider - they wouldn't and he invaded. The Scots fought well initially, cornering Cromwell at Dunbar, but, urged on by their ministers (the political commissars of their day), they descended from their commanding position and were massacred. Within a year Scotland was conquered, its parliament was abolished and the Scots were forced into an incorporating union with England. Scotland became an occupied country with Cromwellian citadels imposed on Ayr, Leith, Perth, Inverness and Inverlochy. It was the first time in history that the nation of Scotland had been conquered.

The situation wasn't to last. The Parliamentary Union of 1652 and the birth of Commonwealth of Scotland, England and Ireland brought an uneasy peace which people accepted for purely practical reasons. Howevlier, when Cromwell died and the republic fell apart, few in Scotland opposed the Restoration of Charles II.

PL...you got some esplainin to doooo!

but seriously, this is from a BBC site.

The union of the crowns was in 1603....Scotland and England had the same king during the civil war. The civil war was a nationwide punch up to establish an evil old bigot as ruler of Great Britain, as opposed to a bunch of inbred Scottish aristocrats. It was between two factions fighting for control, not two different nations.

Canadians...I wouldnt say you're all thick but one half of the country speaks French and the other half fuckin let them :)

There were conflicts between England and Scotland after the union between the two kingdoms though. Both before and after the English Civil War, which you refer to. The clue's in the name there btw ;)

The conflicts were in a similar vein to the civil war though.....the 1715 and 1745 rebellions (which I presume you are referring to) had a hugely (overwheimingly Highland) Scottish flavour to them, that is undeniable. But they were in essence just more skirmismishes about who ruled Great Britain; the Hanovarians or the Stewart dynasty. At the last ever pitched battle in the British Isles at Culloden in 1745 there were more "Scottish" soldiers (recruited from the heavily Anglicised lowlands) in Cumberland's army than there were fighting for the Jacobite rebels.

And if Cromwell fought the "English" civil war why did he spend large parts of it in Ireland helping to open the gaping wounds that are still bleeding almost 500 years later? I can see what you're getting at but for me the wars of the 16-1700s were religion-inspired power grabbing by men who wanted control of all of what is now the U.K. and Ireland.

Most of the people having a whinge in this thread are just wishing for religion to go away. That's not going to happen in our lifetimes, so you may as well just wish for unicorns or scousers getting jobs (;)) or something else that won't ever exist. I know Leazes will have a go for "dictating rules" to you, but you are just going to have to accept that a billion Muslims see the Qur'an as - literally - the word of God and value it accordingly, whether or not you find that to be a rational belief or not.

Once you accept that given, it's not hard to see why someone trying to burn them is something people are going to get worked up over. And if you don't accept it, we aren't even having the same conversation, so I'm not going to waste time trying to throw apples at you when you're only after oranges.

They all get worked up. Catholics haven't even seen bible's burnt, they lose their collective shit every time a film like the Life of Brian or Dogma says a word out of line.

father-ted-careful-now-001.jpg

spot on Renton.

the onus has to be on civil society to uphold the values we have instituted into our founding documents. otherewise we are just paying lip service to ideals we say we are fighting for abroad. i agree its shitty when people with different agendas/ideals who have come to the west (NA, EU) from countries where they wouldn't enjoy the same freedoms we have, complain or protest about things or say nasty things about the west . but the freedoms we enjoy can't just be for those who were born here, they have to apply to everyone equally.

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q...995&bih=553

spot on Renton.

the onus has to be on civil society to uphold the values we have instituted into our founding documents. otherewise we are just paying lip service to ideals we say we are fighting for abroad. i agree its shitty when people with different agendas/ideals who have come to the west (NA, EU) from countries where they wouldn't enjoy the same freedoms we have, complain or protest about things or say nasty things about the west . but the freedoms we enjoy can't just be for those who were born here, they have to apply to everyone equally.

Do you think the middle east was a peaceful place that suffered no western aggression prior to 9/11 Leazes?

spot on Renton.

Do you think the middle east was a peaceful place that suffered no western aggression prior to 9/11 Leazes?

is the middle east where your allegiance lies too ?