Best Fans in the UK

Guest Tuco Ramirez

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Just out of curiosity MM, how often do you go to Liverpool? I obviously don't share your view of the city but respect the fact that you gave your honest opinion.

I go a few times a year mate, mainly for work. Though I have been on nights out in the past (not always the most comfortable experience being on the sauce over there with a Manc accent if I'm honest). I genuinely don't think my views are coloured by any hatred of Liverpool FC either, because as I say, I've always been inclined to favour them in as far as they are the rags sworn enemy and your enemy's enemy is a friend etc etc. I know thats petty minded like but I hate Man Utd and can't help it.

What I will honestly say is that the single most overwhelming thing for me is (and I spose it's about first impressions really), but driving in from Manchester, before you get to the city centre of Liverpool you literally do just drive miles and miles through total urban desolation. I have never known anywhere like it. And I say that as someone who drives through Moss Side and Hulme every day!

Thatcher to blame there mate...

Just out of curiosity MM, how often do you go to Liverpool? I obviously don't share your view of the city but respect the fact that you gave your honest opinion.

I go a few times a year mate, mainly for work. Though I have been on nights out in the past (not always the most comfortable experience being on the sauce over there with a Manc accent if I'm honest). I genuinely don't think my views are coloured by any hatred of Liverpool FC either, because as I say, I've always been inclined to favour them in as far as they are the rags sworn enemy and your enemy's enemy is a friend etc etc. I know thats petty minded like but I hate Man Utd and can't help it.

What I will honestly say is that the single most overwhelming thing for me is (and I spose it's about first impressions really), but driving in from Manchester, before you get to the city centre of Liverpool you literally do just drive miles and miles through total urban desolation. I have never known anywhere like it. And I say that as someone who drives through Moss Side and Hulme every day!

Driving in through the Edge Lane area has always been a bone of contention and most Scousers would agree with your view entirely. Legal wrangling has held up regeneration to the area for years and the council appeared to let the area run down in an effort to speed up the legal process. All the legal issues have now been resolved and the bulldozers moved in a few weeks ago. Hopefully your future journeys will be an improvement.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Driving in through the Edge Lane area has always been a bone of contention and most Scousers would agree with your view entirely. Legal wrangling has held up regeneration to the area for years and the council appeared to let the area run down in an effort to speed up the legal process. All the legal issues have now been resolved and the bulldozers moved in a few weeks ago. Hopefully your future journeys will be an improvement.

What exactly were the legal issues?

:unsure: Sounded like a tannoy anouncement that! lol.

Nah if you get that sorted it will honestly make a world of difference. And I have noticed small changes over the last few years, starting with the houses finally getting properly boarded up etc. Even that had been neglected in the past. I just couldnt believe the scale of the task facing the council if I'm honest. If the bulldozers are in now though then the improvements have already started.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Nah if you get that sorted it will honestly make a world of difference. And I have noticed small changes over the last few years, starting with the houses finally getting properly boarded up etc. Even that had been neglected in the past. I just couldnt believe the scale of the task facing the council if I'm honest. If the bulldozers are in now though then the improvements have already started.

:huh:;):no:o:no

Fuck me what an improvement to the landscape. I'm laughing at my monitor like doilham.

Fuck me what an improvement to the landscape. I'm laughing at my monitor like doilham.

I'm serious like. If memory serves those houses weren't even boarded up til fairly recently and they should have been for years. That alone was an improvement. If what Pacino says is right like that might have well been deliberate on the part of the council if it meant they became completely derilict quicker to speed up any legal barriers to regerneration.

RAWK mostly. They also have a spyin kop feature pretty much the same as you've tried to do here.

registrations have been stopped on there. It's too busy anyway, there would be too many answers to sort through :unsure:

Try On The Kop CB. Send a message to the owner Peter Evo, he's usually up for things like that.

OnTheKop

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I'm serious like. If memory serves those houses weren't even boarded up til fairly recently and they should have been for years. That alone was an improvement. If what Pacino says is right like that might have well been deliberate on the part of the council if it meant they became completely derilict quicker to speed up any legal barriers to regerneration.

We don't know we're born in the toon to be honest. No major drug problems clean, beautiful city centre, very little if any racial tension, best countryside in England 10 miles away, a happy population (well when we fuckin win), no moaning issues at the south largely speaking, very very very safe city centre. In fact I've never been in a situation not of my own making, where I've felt in danger anywhere in the entire city.

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Largely agree but no way is the Tyne Valley the best countryside in England.

Tyne Valley and Northumberland past Rothbury (other than the Lakes which I discount cos its full of tourists and yanks)

Newcastle's got it's problems like any other city. During the last decade or so the rise of charverdom has been all too noticeable, there's beggars and tramps literally on my work doorstep, and walking back from work in the evening past the Bigg market and Gate is a sobering experience.

I've always quite liked Liverpool and Manchester, both have some horrific areas and both have redeeming features. Same is true of Glasgow. Birmingham, on the other hand, has no redeeming features at all.

Tyne Valley and Northumberland past Rothbury (other than the Lakes which I discount cos its full of tourists and yanks)

I know we've had this conversation before like so we won't agree. Although I mentioned two parts of Northumberland being nicer than the Tyne Valley imo. Rothbury way being one of them (Northumber National Park / Cheviots etc). It's a canny bit further than 10 miles though. Btw I think the Tyne Valley is lovely but there's a lot of the England countryside on a par with it. Even in terms of looking quite similar.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Newcastle's got it's problems like any other city. During the last decade or so the rise of charverdom has been all too noticeable, there's beggars and tramps literally on my work doorstep, and walking back from work in the evening past the Bigg market and Gate is a sobering experience.

I've always quite liked Liverpool and Manchester, both have some horrific areas and both have redeeming features. Same is true of Glasgow. Birmingham, on the other hand, has no redeeming features at all.

Every time I see your name "Renton last post" I think to myself I bet I shake my head and think what a cunt at the end of the post. More often than not I do.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I know we've had this conversation before like so we won't agree. Although I mentioned two parts of Northumberland being nicer than the Tyne Valley imo. Rothbury way being one of them (Northumber National Park / Cheviots etc). It's a canny bit further than 10 miles though. Btw I think the Tyne Valley is lovely but there's a lot of the England countryside on a par with it. Even in terms of looking quite similar.

Worcestershire is a very underrated county, and Warwickshire, similar but it's not the same imo. There's about 30 miles of the A696 in to Scotland where you're on the road and you think you're in heaven. Take your lass up it and across the border, with "Love lifts up where we're belong on the stereo" see if you agree.

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

Every time I see your name "Renton last post" I think to myself I bet I shake my head and think what a cunt at the end of the post. More often than not I do.

OK, explain what makes me a cunt on this post then?

Guest Tuco Ramirez

You put a negative slant on everything. Walking past The Gate you find galling, the only time it's over ran with cunts outside is a weekend, and the Bigg Market, what old cunts falling out the Beehive in to the bookies? As for beggars, only thing I've ever been asked for was a tab, and tramps, I haven't seen a bamp (actual bamp) in town for years.

You put a negative slant on everything. Walking past The Gate you find galling, the only time it's over ran with cunts outside is a weekend, and the Bigg Market, what old cunts falling out the Beehive in to the bookies? As for beggars, only thing I've ever been asked for was a tab, and tramps, I haven't seen a bamp (actual bamp) in town for years.

There are homeless people who live outside my office though, that's just a fact, and a couple of fairly agressive beggars too. I walk past the Gate and up Barrack road quite often at night and its not always pleasent to say the least. Neither is using the Metro. You paint Newcastle as some utopia but that's just ridiculous imo, it's just like any other city. Regardless, saying this hardly make me a cunt though ffs.

Also the Tyne valley, nice enough, but literally nothing special about it at all. If you like it for personal reasons then fair enough, but you should be more objective in your appraisal, otherwise you just come across as an insular tit.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

There are homeless people who live outside my office though, that's just a fact, and a couple of fairly agressive beggars too. I walk past the Gate and up Barrack road quite often at night and its not always pleasent to say the least. Neither is using the Metro. You paint Newcastle as some utopia but that's just ridiculous imo, it's just like any other city. Regardless, saying this hardly make me a cunt though ffs.

Also the Tyne valley, nice enough, but literally nothing special about it at all. If you like it for personal reasons then fair enough, but you should be more objective in your appraisal, otherwise you just come across as an insular tit.

I can just see you walking up Barrack Road scratching your beard with one of these bags round your shoulder giving dirty looks to someone who's just walked past you smoking.

55D11CC9BBED7640DF3E4BD8B1EE0740.jpg

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

RAWK mostly. They also have a spyin kop feature pretty much the same as you've tried to do here.

registrations have been stopped on there. It's too busy anyway, there would be too many answers to sort through :unsure:

Try On The Kop CB. Send a message to the owner Peter Evo, he's usually up for things like that.

OnTheKop

Cheers lad.

That was before Liverpool one opened which is now the most popular shopping outlet in the north west.

Aye... and what did you lot call the store you opened in there again? 'Everton Two'.

And you reckon you're not obsessed by your considerably more successful neighbours... :unsure:

Having lived and worked in several different places around the UK I can say I think the Cheviots ranks up there with the highlands for some of the most stunning landscapes in the UK, The road from Alnwick towards rothbury gives you an incredible view

As to Cities, every city in the UK has its shitholes and its nice places, its just some have more than others