10 gigs of broadband useage

LeazesMag

Good.

I don't download anything, used to do music, but not much now. £7.99 sounds like you have the same package as me, for 18 months.

BT is it?

yep, just starting it next week

Yes, I'm on 10gig and i download loads. £1 for every gig you go over. Most definitley enough for your needs (judging by your post, not your age ;) ).

well you are on here most of your life Kevin :icon_lol: so it should be good enough for me too

Good.

I don't download anything, used to do music, but not much now. £7.99 sounds like you have the same package as me, for 18 months.

BT is it?

It's not bad. Never cuts out etc. Mine was slow at the start but they got an engineer down to install something on the phone line which seperates the broadband from the phone so they have good customer service etc. aswell.

Yes, I'm on 10gig and i download loads. £1 for every gig you go over. Most definitley enough for your needs (judging by your post, not your age :icon_lol: ).

well you are on here most of your life Kevin :icon_lol: so it should be good enough for me too

;)

Good.

BT is it?

Dont do it

why ? I need a phone line set up too PP and its a cut price deal with a reduced installation fee etc etc

I got in touch with O2 recently cos I'd heard patter about their monthly limit being 40gig or whatever. Anyway, turns out I'm on an old plan which has no fair usage policy only an excessive usage policy. Their fair usage policies on their new packages are up to 250gig for the top package.

Anyway the lad on the phone tells me that he doesn't know what the "excessive" thing means (the lying twat), but that it'll probably be in excess of 100gig per month. So where in the past I would have thought twice about downloading too much, I'm just going daft and doing what I want, and we'll see if his claims about 100gig are true.

The only thing with that o2 thing is that once your 12 month contract is up you'll get shifted to one of the new plans. But chances are you'd be shopping around then anyway. I'm looking to get away from talk talk soon and o2 seems to be the best bet at the minute. I had a quick look at my downloading stats for the past few months and I was hitting 60 gigs and even 80 on one occasion. But there fair usage is 40 gigs and I didn't hear a peep from them.

BT capped me without bothering to let me know however their idea of capping is to disconnect your line for 10seconds every 2 minutes. How fucking irritating is that?

O2 is fantastic, not had any problems with their limits even though we download plenty stuff. Their price (if you have one of their phones) is £7.50 for 8Mb (of which Im generally getting 6.5 - 7) yet on BT with the same line etc I never managed 5. Im guessing LM that the £7.99 is for the first 3 months? O2 is free for the first 3 months.

BT capped me without bothering to let me know however their idea of capping is to disconnect your line for 10seconds every 2 minutes. How fucking irritating is that?

O2 is fantastic, not had any problems with their limits even though we download plenty stuff. Their price (if you have one of their phones) is £7.50 for 8Mb (of which Im generally getting 6.5 - 7) yet on BT with the same line etc I never managed 5. Im guessing LM that the £7.99 is for the first 3 months? O2 is free for the first 3 months.

no, it is 7.99 for the full 18 months. And I asked if it was fixed for the term and they said yes. The attraction is mainly because the flat needs a phone line connection made again and by taking this "option 1" the connection for the phone line is 50 quid instead of 129

Edited by LeazesMag