Joey Barton

Lazarus

Playing the best he has in years and is a huge part of the team, not just his deliveries but his influence too. Would look into getting him signed up for another 2 seasons if I were Pards

Cant agree more. Hopes he's here for years to come.

Might even manage us one day.

Actually think he might make a cracking manager. He's got a good football brain. understands attack, defence and positioning. Is well liked my those who work with him and when ever you here what he has to say, its usually quite eloquent and sensible.

Think he'd break a few tea cups though ;)

Playing the best he has in years and is a huge part of the team, not just his deliveries but his influence too. Would look into getting him signed up for another 2 seasons if I were Pards

Actually think he might make a cracking manager. He's got a good football brain. understands attack, defence and positioning. Is well liked my those who work with him and when ever you here what he has to say, its usually quite eloquent and sensible.

Calm down s bit mate, eh? LOL

Joey Barton as manager? have you lost the plot. No one would want to play under him and im not on about just the black players too lol. He'd have no patience, no man managemnt skills, no stable relationship with people around the club, everything would be pandemonium. Its people like you that made Roy Keane think he can cut it as a manager.

This is from todays paper:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...m-Forest-1.html

Joey Barton as manager? have you lost the plot. No one would want to play under him and im not on about just the black players too lol. He'd have no patience, no man managemnt skills, no stable relationship with people around the club, everything would be pandemonium. Its people like you that made Roy Keane think he can cut it as a manager.

Where have you been :lol:

Seriously, I think Bartons nowt like Keane. Cant stand Keane and never have. He's a miserable bastard with no sense of humour.

Joey with his Hitler tash man. Time will tell but I think he would be interesting :lol:

If has a few more relatively calm years on Tyneside—yeah, I really could see him as management material (starting in the lower leagues).

He's a man who seems well aware of his shortcomings and seems determined to try and overcome them.

Defintely management material in tems of how he speaks intelligently and calmly in front a TV camera. Try and do that and be eloquent yourself, you'd soon sound like Oba Martins on a crack comedown. If it wasnt for his violent actions it wouldnt even be under discussion.

I guess a prison sentence is going to put off quite a lot of employers though.

Barton's problem regarding managment etc. is the way in which the public, via the media, perceive him. If you look at the chequered past of any number of different players from Tony Adams to Stan Collymore they don't seem to have had any problems gaining employment after playing. I think Barton is perhaps too honest for his own good though and would rather live with it than seek help from the Max Cliffords of this world.

he's been at that clinic tony adams started. opened his soul up and the gargoyles and demons came out. reckon he scared himself.

I think he's sorted his head out but won't 'play the game' media-wise. I respect him for that tbh.

• 2 weeks later...