Wigan ~ Toon

snakehips

Saunders to manage us against Villa then? ;)

(You are aware that'll happen if we sack him now, right? What's more, he'll probably still be in charge against Arsenal! :angry:)

63196[/snapback]

Craig, you keep painting this type of picture. Can you offer a reply to the post I made earlier about there never being a bad time to get shot of a shite manager, the trick is bringing in the right man?

It won't be worse if Saunders is in charge, nobody could be worse than Souness.

November 2005 and he's done what I thought he'd do as long as 12 months ago. He's been given time and money and he's wrecked the team, which is exactly why I was saying last January that FS should NOT give this bloke more money to spend. He'd shown in the first few months that he was shite.

Edited by Howaythelads

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saunders to manage us against Villa then? ;)

(You are aware that'll happen if we sack him now, right? What's more, he'll probably still be in charge against Arsenal! :angry:)

63196[/snapback]

Roeder more likely. If Souness goes, his inept coaches a la Saunders, Murray etc would have to follow...

Sack him now. Please.

63058[/snapback]

Cos that will save the season won't it? :angry:

Replace him in the summer, yes - sack him now? No way!

63060[/snapback]

I honestly don't know whether sacking him now would make sense (especially if the alternative is Shearer), but I'm just so pissed off at the moment.

63068[/snapback]

I felt that way after Liverpool won the Champions League. Surely with Le Guen looking at teams like Rangers, now is the time?

63073[/snapback]

Shepherd doesn't even know who Le Guen is man. ;)

OK I've slept on it and had time to reflect.....

He's gotta go, but if he does, his team (Murrary, Saunders et al) have to go as well.

Aren't Beardsley / Wharton still involved with the kids? I've stick them in temporary charge tbh.

OK I've slept on it and had time to reflect.....

He's gotta go, but if he does, his team (Murrary, Saunders et al) have to go as well.

Aren't Beardsley / Wharton still involved with the kids? I've stick them in temporary charge tbh.

63223[/snapback]

I don't have any good reason, or facts, as to why I would like to see this, but I quite fancy the idea of Lee Clark as coach. I just get the impression he knows a hell of a lot about football.

John Carver??

Och, who knows. Until Portly Freddie asks Souness to clear his desk (and take the whole bus-load of 'coaches' with him) we will only be wishing on a star (to find out where you are - as the song goes).

That was twatful.

63224[/snapback]

You were there too weren't you? Jinx tbh :angry:

63229[/snapback]

I was hoping I just had some dodgy cheese before bed time and it was all a bad dream, but yes, I was there. Resisted the 'Souness Out' chants but I totally understand where people were coming from. It has to get better, surely? ;)

That was twatful.

63224[/snapback]

You were there too weren't you? Jinx tbh :angry:

63229[/snapback]

I was hoping I just had some dodgy cheese before bed time and it was all a bad dream, but yes, I was there. Resisted the 'Souness Out' chants but I totally understand where people were coming from. It has to get better, surely? ;)

63232[/snapback]

Seriously though, what a shower of shite. No disrespect to Wigan but their fukcing b team murdered us, particularly in the first half. We got exactly what we deserved out of the game. Absolutely fuck all. The one saving grace was that it was only 1-0 instead of the thrashing we should have got.

'Attack! attack! attack attack attack!'

My mate summed it up, it's like watching a really bad Daglish reserve team. Souness boasts about 'proper' players yet we seem to have no competitive edge, no belief, and we look awful coming forward. It's GREAT supporting NUFC. ;)

Saunders to manage us against Villa then? :unsure:

(You are aware that'll happen if we sack him now, right? What's more, he'll probably still be in charge against Arsenal! :()

63196[/snapback]

you mean you still want him to stay?

We've given him his chance. He's had enough time and money to turn us around.

63207[/snapback]

Exactly how much 'turning around' did the club need, like?

63215[/snapback]

You of all people is asking this??? ;)

A lot. since he turned this team into shambles.

Saunders to manage us against Villa then? :unsure:

(You are aware that'll happen if we sack him now, right? What's more, he'll probably still be in charge against Arsenal! ;))

63196[/snapback]

you mean you still want him to stay?

We've given him his chance. He's had enough time and money to turn us around.

63207[/snapback]

Exactly how much 'turning around' did the club need, like?

63215[/snapback]

You of all people is asking this???

A lot. since he turned this team into shambles.

63332[/snapback]

Eh? What's that meant to mean?

You last sentence shows that you appear to have missed the point.

I want him out and you want him out.

What's your problem?

63537[/snapback]

How much 'turning around' did you think the club needed when Souness was appointed?

63540[/snapback]

Did you think we were in a perfect position then HTL?

I personally think we were starting to decline so a turnaround (of sorts) was indeed necessary...

Hasn't happened though, we've just spiraled further...

I want him out and you want him out.

What's your problem?

63537[/snapback]

How much 'turning around' did you think the club needed when Souness was appointed?

63540[/snapback]

Did you think we were in a perfect position then HTL?

I personally think we were starting to decline so a turnaround (of sorts) was indeed necessary...

Hasn't happened though, we've just spiraled further...

63542[/snapback]

As it happens, I think I was pretty much alone by taking the view that Robson should have gone the summer of 2003 after we finished 3rd. It was obvious to me that Robson had taken the club as far as he could. Banged on about it at the time, but was considered to be a nut.

It didn't need a complete clear out to fix it, though.

In retrospect, I think you're probably right in that he should have gone back in 2003. The following year brought issues under Robson which I think contributed to some of the decisions the club has had to make in 2005.

and why since his appointment??? Did I mention anything about that point of time? Why not since Christmas last year? :unsure:

The fact is, our performances last season were shite. And this season they're getting worse.....therefore........I want him out! He's had enough time and money.

Too hard to understand?

Edited by Omar

In retrospect, I think you're probably right in that he should have gone back in 2003. The following year brought issues under Robson which I think contributed to some of the decisions the club has had to make in 2005.

63551[/snapback]

Quite possibly.

Thing is, a better manager than Souness would have sorted the problems out without having to resort to rebuilding the entire squad at the cost of an absolute fortune. As I've said before, the club is heading for bankruptcy under this incompetent fool. He can't be booted out soon enough, there can't be a wrong time to sack Souness. He is the worst manager the club has had in my life.