Wigan ~ Toon

snakehips

Sack him now. Please.

63058[/snapback]

Cos that will save the season won't it? ;)

Replace him in the summer, yes - sack him now? No way!

63060[/snapback]

I honestly don't know whether sacking him now would make sense (especially if the alternative is Shearer), but I'm just so pissed off at the moment.

63068[/snapback]

I share the despair, honestly I do. I'm just scared shitless that we'll be even deeper in shit if he goes now. I do agree he needs to be replaced before the start of next season...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sack him now. Please.

63058[/snapback]

63060[/snapback]

Relegation looks a genuine possibility with Souness at the helm. I'd give Shearer a run until the end of the season over him. A decent manager with the players he'd have at his disposal would allow us to remember what happiness means with regards to football.

Sack him now. Please.

63058[/snapback]

63060[/snapback]

Oh please do wake up and smell the coffee. There is a very real chance we could be playing in the Championship with we allow this wanker to stay incharge.

63071[/snapback]

There is a very real chance we could be playing in the Championship if we sack him now as well!

Sack him now. Please.

63058[/snapback]

63060[/snapback]

Oh please do wake up and smell the coffee. There is a very real chance we could be playing in the Championship with we allow this wanker to stay incharge.

63071[/snapback]

There is a very real chance we could be playing in the Championship if we sack him now as well!

63080[/snapback]

Wouldn't you rather have the chance of doing better though? At the moment, we DON'T have that chance.

Sack him now. Please.

63058[/snapback]

63060[/snapback]

63071[/snapback]

63080[/snapback]

Fucked if we do, fucked if we don't. I say get rid now.

Does anyone actually see things improving????

Even with his 'full' team out, we can only just beat the teams that are around us.

63078[/snapback]

Exactly!

The games against the likes of the Mackems, Man City and Blackburn were awful and on another day we would not have picked up the 3 points.

Sack him now. Please.

63058[/snapback]

63060[/snapback]

63071[/snapback]

63080[/snapback]

Fucked if we do, fucked if we don't. I say get rid now.

63083[/snapback]

Same. I'd rather take my chance with someone else.

Wigan had 19 shots tonight. Not just Wigan, Wigan's 2nd team.

Sack him now. Please.

63058[/snapback]

63060[/snapback]

63071[/snapback]

63080[/snapback]

Sorry, but I think that is a bit absurd. Maybe you are mixing up cause and effect? Souness isn't the one saving us from relegation, but the one taking us down into a position where with a very good squad this prospect looks a possibility.

Sack him now. Please.

63058[/snapback]

63060[/snapback]

63071[/snapback]

63080[/snapback]

If we employ the wrong person there is.

Like I said the other day (and a lot of people on here agreed with me), we sack him now, we get whoever is available and interested. We sack him in the summer we could be looking to get who we actually want.

Chelsea held of from sacking Ranieri because they wanted Mourinho...

Sack him now. Please.

63058[/snapback]

63060[/snapback]

63071[/snapback]

63080[/snapback]

If we employ the wrong person there is.

63089[/snapback]

Thats just it, we are ALREADY employing the wrong person.

Sack him now. Please.

63058[/snapback]

63060[/snapback]

I honestly don't know whether sacking him now would make sense (especially if the alternative is Shearer), but I'm just so pissed off at the moment.

63068[/snapback]

I felt that way after Liverpool won the Champions League. Surely with Le Guen looking at teams like Rangers, now is the time?

63073[/snapback]

As you say, there are a number of decent coaches that are out of work at the moment and looking for a job, Le Guen and Ranieri being two of them. If Shepherd hasn't already decided that Shearer will take over from Souness, now would probably be a good time to talk to a few people.

EDIT: Oh and by the way I'm not necessarily saying we should try to appoint Ranieri (though we could do worse IMO), that was just off the top of my head.

Edited by Bombadil

Like I said the other day (and a lot of people on here agreed with me), we sack him now, we get whoever is available. We sack him in the summer we could be looking to get who we actually want.

63090[/snapback]

Who says the right person isn't available now? If he was available, would you sack Souness now?

I really don't see what you people are complaining about. Tonight we played very well, our passing was great, we were only beaten by a dodgy penalty decision. I thought our midfeild was very organised, with Solano, Bowyer,Emre and Brittain all playing in various positions all night

I really don't see what you people are complaining about. Tonight we played very well, our passing was great, we were only beaten by a dodgy penalty decision. I thought our midfeild was very organised, with Solano, Bowyer,Emre and Brittain all playing in various positions all night

63094[/snapback]

Against Wigan reserves!! And we still got beaten. Does that not alarm you??? ;)

Like I said the other day (and a lot of people on here agreed with me), we sack him now, we get whoever is available. We sack him in the summer we could be looking to get who we actually want.

63090[/snapback]

It's all well and good saying wait till the end of the season if we're in Febuary or March but we're not even in December yet - there's a loooong way to go. Unfortunately, if we look realistically at the situation the next man to manage us will be Shearer ;) If we sacked Souness now we could get Le Guen, Hitzfeld etc. but Fat Fred wont look passed Big Al. Sack him at the end of the season and it will again be Shearer.

63090[/snapback]

Well, I don't disagree. This is the ideal situation. Though Chelsea were in better situation then, weren't they? Even Ranieri (who I don't rate very highly) got them in the Championsleague. So they were under much less pressure.

As long as managers like Le Guen are on the market, I think there can be found good and long term possibilites now. If not I am even prepared to give it to Shearer until the end of the season, or to Glen Roeder, or to the next person replying to this thread...

Can I just say that I really want to drive to Middlesbrough right now and kick the fuck out of Bernie Slaven! Anyone who's been listening to Century will know why!

Can I just say that I really want to drive to Middlesbrough right now and kick the fuck out of Bernie Slaven! Anyone who's been listening to Century will know why!

63101[/snapback]

You don't need to listen to Century to want to do that. The was born a cunt and will die a cunt.

Le Guen?? Hitzfeld??

I'd love either of them here - not going to happen though! As shit as they are, Rangers are a better prospect....

We might persuade Neil Warnock to come here instead of Pompey though if we're lucky....