Wigan ~ Toon

snakehips

Like I said the other day (and a lot of people on here agreed with me), we sack him now, we get whoever is available. We sack him in the summer we could be looking to get who we actually want.

Chelsea held of from sacking Ranieri because they wanted Mourinho...

63090[/snapback]

Well, I don't disagree. This is the ideal situation. Though Chelsea were in better situation then, weren't they? Even Ranieri (who I don't rate very highly) got them in the Championsleague. So they were under much less pressure.

As long as managers like Le Guen are on the market, I think there can be found good and long term possibilites now. If not I am even prepared to give it to Shearer until the end of the season, or to Glen Roeder, or to the next person replying to this thread...

63100[/snapback]

Unfortunate ;)

Souness "angry" and says the better team won. No shit.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just say that I really want to drive to Middlesbrough right now and kick the fuck out of Bernie Slaven! Anyone who's been listening to Century will know why!

63101[/snapback]

You don't need to listen to Century to want to do that. The was born a cunt and will die a cunt.

63103[/snapback]

He's spent all second half taking the piss out of Newcastle rather than doing the job he's supposed to be doing - commentating on Middlesbrough....

Cunt!

There is never a bad time for a shite manager to leave, the trick is appointing the right man. It happened when Gullit left, nobody complained about the timing because the right manager was appointed to take his place. Souness proved 12 months ago that he's shite, the longer this drags on he just does more and more damage. God knows what state the club will be in by May if he stays in charge until the end.

Like I said the other day (and a lot of people on here agreed with me), we sack him now, we get whoever is available. We sack him in the summer we could be looking to get who we actually want.

63090[/snapback]

It's all well and good saying wait till the end of the season if we're in Febuary or March but we're not even in December yet - there's a loooong way to go. Unfortunately, if we look realistically at the situation the next man to manage us will be Shearer ;) If we sacked Souness now we could get Le Guen, Hitzfeld etc. but Fat Fred wont look passed Big Al. Sack him at the end of the season and it will again be Shearer.

63099[/snapback]

We could start the replacement planning process now...

Mind you, this is all academic - we sack Souness now, Shearer will take over. We wait til the summer, Shearer will take over....

Nothing is going to happen until there is a big fuss made and it gets into the media. Thats how it's worked in the past hasn't it? Not endorsing all that petition bollocks but once people in the spotlight start commenting on it then the rotund one will act.

Le Guen?? Hitzfeld??

I'd love either of them here - not going to happen though! As shit as they are, Rangers are a better prospect....

We might persuade Neil Warnock to come here instead of Pompey though if we're lucky....

63104[/snapback]

You may consider this very optimistic but I can't see why the hell not. Hitzfeld may be a bit of a long shot but I think Le Guen would be more than happy to take over if given the chance. If we were being managed by a compitant, never mind world class manager we could easily be just behind that throng of teams at the top who are vying for the European places at the moment because IMO we've got a fairly good (if thin) squad. The buck stops entirely with Souness on the way we performed not just recently but since he took over.

63090[/snapback]

Well, I don't disagree. This is the ideal situation. Though Chelsea were in better situation then, weren't they? Even Ranieri (who I don't rate very highly) got them in the Championsleague. So they were under much less pressure.

As long as managers like Le Guen are on the market, I think there can be found good and long term possibilites now. If not I am even prepared to give it to Shearer until the end of the season, or to Glen Roeder, or to the next person replying to this thread...

63100[/snapback]

Unfortunate ;)

63106[/snapback]

Could have been worse, could have been you. :angry:

Hitzfeld won't come now, he'll stick to his word. Who he is going to take over next season remains to be seen.

But that isn't the question to me. For me it's to save this season, and I think that is possible with a new manager. The words from Dougie Hall about the certainity of Newcastle getting relegated under SBR are still ringing in my ears...

Edited by Isegrim

Fat Fred is still chairman, Fat Fred wants Shearer as the next manager...

Forget Le Guen and Hitzfeld....

Unless Shepherd goes!

63115[/snapback]

Ok, so why wait until next season then...

63121[/snapback]

Because I think it'll be more settled to do it in the summer - less impact on the team.

Where Souness has gone wrong in my eyes is the way he depleted the size of the squad. We have no depth and consequently we've had injuries and no replacements in certain positions. What fucking angers me is we've had no explanation as to why so many were sold and not replaced. Was it all Souness or was he told to reduce the payroll from above?

I'd love either of them here - not going to happen though! As shit as they are, Rangers are a better prospect....

63104[/snapback]

How exactly are they a better prospect??

;)

63123[/snapback]

I think they have a more realistic chance of qualifying for Europe....

63104[/snapback]

;)

63123[/snapback]

63128[/snapback]

If you have seen them play this season you would not be so confident. And even if they did they have no money and about 3 decent players in the existing squad if they are lucky.

Unless Shepherd goes!

63115[/snapback]

63121[/snapback]

Because I think it'll be more settled to do it in the summer - less impact on the team.

Where Souness has gone wrong in my eyes is the way he depleted the size of the squad. We have no depth and consequently we've had injuries and no replacements in certain positions. What fucking angers me is we've had no explanation as to why so many were sold and not replaced. Was it all Souness or was he told to reduce the payroll from above?

63125[/snapback]

Reducing the payroll and then signing Emre, Parker, Luque and Owen instead of O'Brien, Hughes, Bellamy and Bernard? Eh? What are you on about?

If Shearer (and I dread to think abouth this) is to be given the job then I think it's better now, because he is either doing good or at least can't do worse, so that we can say to him in the summer. Well, Alan thanks that you helped us in a difficult situation, but we rather have you gain some more coaching experience before you are ready for the job.

Edited by Isegrim

63104[/snapback]

;)

63123[/snapback]

63128[/snapback]

So does TNS in Wales but that doesn't make them a better prospect.

If Shearer and the fat man have already agreed on the step up next season, then forget Milburn's record and Shearer should have the balls to take the job NOW.

If he doesn't then he's not ready next season either.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Souness sign a 2 year contract (with the club having options on him up to 5 years)?

If that's true then we'd have to pay him compo if we sack him now but none (or very little) if we wait til the summer.

I'd hate to see him taking money of us which we could use for re-building. Now if he were to be persuaded to resign.... ;)

Unless Shepherd goes!

63115[/snapback]

63121[/snapback]

63125[/snapback]

It's not just in the size of the squad, although it's obvious that Bellamy, Robert and Hughes should not have been sold. These 3 players would make a positive difference imo. I also believe Souness has spent money on players we didn't need, the money would have been better spent on other parts of the team.

63104[/snapback]

;)

63123[/snapback]

63128[/snapback]

So does TNS in Wales but that doesn't make them a better prospect.

If Shearer and the fat man have already agreed on the step up next season, then forget Milburn's record and Shearer should have the balls to take the job NOW.

If he doesn't then he's not ready next season either.

63136[/snapback]

Comparing TNS with Rangers is hardly realistic now is it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Souness sign a 2 year contract (with the club having options on him up to 5 years)?

If that's true then we'd have to pay him compo if we sack him now but none (or very little) if we wait til the summer.

I'd hate to see him taking money of us which we could use for re-building. Now if he were to be persuaded to resign.... ;)

63138[/snapback]

It wouldn't cost the club any more than what he has cost them so far with low league positions, cup failings, sale of players below their value and the moneys lost if we were actually relegated.

63138[/snapback]

I'd rather pay up his contract now. I've been quite patient with him, but thats it. OUT NOW.