Mike Ashley is a fat twat

LeazesMag

The Halls probably would've sold any time in the last 15 years for the right money. Certainly last 10 years or so. I bet they couldn't believe their luck.

The Halls probably would've sold any time in the last 15 years for the right money. Certainly last 10 years or so. I bet they couldn't believe their luck.

Aye, are still probably pissing themselves they got the cash they wanted and the fat man didn't check the books :wub:

Edited by Sonatine

I never wrote anything for True Faith, only for the Mag

That in itself explains a lot about your opinion then.

I think they're both a bit shit, however tf has a distinct advantage in that it fits in the back pocket of a pair of jeans.

nowt like criticising someone for doing something when they haven't got it in them to try it themselves.

It's a long time since I last wrote, but it was fairly regular and I was one of the best :wub:

I think they're both a bit shit, however tf has a distinct advantage in that it fits in the back pocket of a pair of jeans.

nowt like criticising someone for doing something when they haven't got it in them to try it themselves.

It's a long time since I last wrote, but it was fairly regular and I was one of the best :wub:

How Leazes, when did you last write for the Mag and what pseud did you go by? (Sorry if you've already mentioned before btw).

How Leazes, when did you last write for the Mag and what pseud did you go by? (Sorry if you've already mentioned before btw).

Probably Tony Pearson. Another miserable old sod with his head stuck in the past and only seems to pipe up when everything goes tits up.

I had doubts about him from the get-go, simply based on character/ethical related issues concerning the running of his business empire. Struck me as being a a con-man, who went beyond the boundaries of simply being ruthless ie ratting out Whelan & Umbro, the mock 'closing down' sales aimed at squashing local & independent operators.

Ashley is and always will be a razor-cutter with a few tricky sales-orientated gimicks to come with ie. wearing the club shirt/sitting with the fans, the fan-friendly King-Kev appointment.

To dispell the 'he gives a fuck about the real club's heartbeat/it's supporters' take on him one just needs to rewind back to the footage of him at White Hart Lane, when Spurs were handing our heads to us on a plate amidst a relegation fight.

Understandably one-sided article when taking into account the standard of ethics currently enveloping the running of the club.

As for Ashley personally financing our summer spending spree, or loaning the club more money. Ashley will get that small chunk back, with interest recouped when Tiote's resale value peaks.

True, taking into account the financial state of Cameron Hall - in particular the latter timeframe pointed out ie. the last ten years.

Another & unrelated point, pertaining more towards a possible buy-out of Ashley. This points more towards the character of the man,. his ethics. There's a degree of spite about the man as to how he operates, and the lengths to which he will go to keep a 'hated rival' in his place when he is in a position of power ie. his mooted shut-down of Whelan's health club venture, as an saboteur shareholder writing to building/site landlords requesting they stonewall Whelan's project. It's gone beyond the realm of business competition between those two, it's personal imo - has been for years.

With that said and the following is hypothetical of course. If it ever comes down to a choice of selling to 2 consortiums, both offering up the requested pricetag. One being a locally [although it doesn't necessarily have to be local] based consortium with the right motives, the other being a hedge fund. I wouldn't put it past him handing the keys to the hedge fund, a proverbial & final one-fingered salute to the club's supporter base.

It's a long time since I last wrote, but it was fairly regular and I was one of the best :lol:

Not knocking you writing articles, I'm alway fairly impressed by people who have done this even if I don't always agree with them. But I can't see much difference between the two apart from editorial style. I'd err on the side of tf though because of its compactness and historical articles.

I think both are largely redundant while websites like this exist now in any case.

I'm no Ashley apologist but the article is a bit shit imo. Basically saying that Shepherd/Halls were constantly making money available for managers while the evil Ashley is sucking every penny out of the club, when the truth lies somewhere in middle. Far too simplistic for my liking.

There's no grey area, just black and white :lol:

I had doubts about him from the get-go, simply based on character/ethical related issues concerning the running of his business empire. Struck me as being a a con-man, who went beyond the boundaries of simply being ruthless ie ratting out Whelan & Umbro, the mock 'closing down' sales aimed at squashing local & independent operators.

Ashley is and always will be a razor-cutter with a few tricky sales-orientated gimicks to come with ie. wearing the club shirt/sitting with the fans, the fan-friendly King-Kev appointment.

To dispell the 'he gives a fuck about the real club's heartbeat/it's supporters' take on him one just needs to rewind back to the footage of him at White Hart Lane, when Spurs were handing our heads to us on a plate amidst a relegation fight.

Understandably one-sided article when taking into account the standard of ethics currently enveloping the running of the club.

As for Ashley personally financing our summer spending spree, or loaning the club more money. Ashley will get that small chunk back, with interest recouped when Tiote's resale value peaks.

Good post.