MOT in newcastle

themags

Anyone on here a mechanic? or know of a reliable place in newcastle to get a MOT done (i.e. somewhere that wont take my fucking eyes out on made up repairs).

Just got mine done.

MOT, rear shockers, new tyre , wiper blades and new bulbs.

£210.

Used them since I was on the taxis.

QuickStart Garage

Maurice Road

Wallsend

0191 295 0636

Not in answer but I had a problem a few years ago when a garage "failed" my MOT for the handbrake. I then took it to a garage round the corner from work as it was more convenient who told me there was nowt wrong with it so I went back to the original garage to complain. The manager tested it and entered the number into a card type calculator, took a doubletake, then right in front of me turned the dial before pointing at it saying "there you go, fail". I went apeshit but he basically said it was my word against his as nobody else was there. I took it back to the other garage to get MOTed and he told me he wasn't surprised but in any case even if I proved they'd done the test wrong the best I'd get would be the a refund of the test fee.

Not in answer but I had a problem a few years ago when a garage "failed" my MOT for the handbrake. I then took it to a garage round the corner from work as it was more convenient who told me there was nowt wrong with it so I went back to the original garage to complain. The manager tested it and entered the number into a card type calculator, took a doubletake, then right in front of me turned the dial before pointing at it saying "there you go, fail". I went apeshit but he basically said it was my word against his as nobody else was there. I took it back to the other garage to get MOTed and he told me he wasn't surprised but in any case even if I proved they'd done the test wrong the best I'd get would be the a refund of the test fee.

Bad crack that like!

Any chance you could name and shame to avoid the rest of us ending up getting ripped off there?

Bad crack that like!

Any chance you could name and shame to avoid the rest of us ending up getting ripped off there?

Unlikely - the offender is now an HGV fuel depot just outside Chelmsford, the good guy was in Harlow - should be the other way round given the two towns really.

I never realised till recently that's how they worked in england/wales, must be open to a lot of fraud, between being ripped off for repairs or people getting mates in a garage to sign off on cars that shouldn't really pass.

In northern ireland (not sure about the south) you goto a government run mot centre for just the test, required work etc is carried out at your own mechanics.

Its the same for Scotland as well.

You can go to places that are MOT Test centres only and council run MOT centres that wouldnt offer repairs. I'm pretty sure my car will need some work and I dont want to increase the cost furthur with re-test fees