Transfer Talk - January Window

henda11

The Messi lad looks alreet like, get him in

I heard he actually enjoys a bit of junk food and thats all he eats he said, but i can't see the pukka pies and greggs pasties attracting him at the minute

Edited by henda11

Sky Sports:

CHELSEA are lining up Newcastle striker Andy Carroll as the £15million replacement for Didier Drogba.

Manager Carlo Ancelotti could even make his move in the January transfer market – aware that some of Chelsea’s Premier League title rivals are watching the 21-year-old, who may win a place in England’s squad for the forthcoming friendly against France.

Carroll has impressed Ancelotti with his physical attributes and improved footballing skills. Once raw and rangy, he has been transformedby Newcastle into a dangerous striker. (Daily Express)

Really not sure how reliable this source is and whether such a deal will take place but it is probably true that Chelsea are looking for bright young strikers to take over from their ageing first choice pair of Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka, whether that would involve a move for the Newcastle United man is another matter.

The 21 year old has had a good season thus far but Chris Hughton is sure to fight off interest in the St James’ Park striker as he appears to be a player with a great deal of potential and if the Toon Army want to cement their place in the top tier and to push on back towards the top six they will have to make sure they do not lose any of their home-grown talent.

Sky Sports:

CHELSEA are lining up Newcastle striker Andy Carroll as the £15million replacement for Didier Drogba.

Manager Carlo Ancelotti could even make his move in the January transfer market – aware that some of Chelsea’s Premier League title rivals are watching the 21-year-old, who may win a place in England’s squad for the forthcoming friendly against France.

Carroll has impressed Ancelotti with his physical attributes and improved footballing skills. Once raw and rangy, he has been transformedby Newcastle into a dangerous striker. (Daily Express)

Really not sure how reliable this source is and whether such a deal will take place but it is probably true that Chelsea are looking for bright young strikers to take over from their ageing first choice pair of Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka, whether that would involve a move for the Newcastle United man is another matter.

The 21 year old has had a good season thus far but Chris Hughton is sure to fight off interest in the St James’ Park striker as he appears to be a player with a great deal of potential and if the Toon Army want to cement their place in the top tier and to push on back towards the top six they will have to make sure they do not lose any of their home-grown talent.

Dear me, hope thats bullshit, I heard they'll be going all out for that Lukaku kid from Anderlecht, That rumour could be based purely on the fact he looks a bit like a young drogba.

With our strike force Carroll is worth vastly in excess of 12million to us. Considering we sold Martins for 9 million Carroll's value should be 25+. :icon_lol:

If he is sold though the ill-feeling that will immediately return to Ashley and his cronies would cost the club millions in ticket sales alone, before considering merchandise and the likes. I'd like to think that even Ashley wouldn't hold the supporters in such contempt to make an ignorant sale like that. The not for sale sign should be well and truly on display for Carroll.

In Tiote's q&a he mentions two players that I hope we are having a look at.

I have two names. The first is Gervinho, who plays for Lille as a forward or winger. He is really good, 23 years old and a great player. The other is Seydou Doumbia of CSKA Moscow. He's a striker and he's a great prospect.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20101104/ch...2281670_2207017

I have two names. The first is Gervinho, who plays for Lille as a forward or winger. He is really good, 23 years old and a great player. The other is Seydou Doumbia of CSKA Moscow. He's a striker and he's a great prospect.

If we could offload Xisco and send Smudge to a Leeds-type team in the Championship, then I could see us going for the likes of that lot.

From what I've seen of Lille, I'd rather have Moussa Sow than Gervinho.

If we could offload Xisco and send Smudge to a Leeds-type team in the Championship, then I could see us going for the likes of that lot.

Fat Sam was rumoured to be interested in taking him to Ewood Park the other day... :icon_lol:

Fat Sam was rumoured to be interested in taking him to Ewood Park the other day... :lol:

:icon_lol: