snakehips

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I notice the avatar of a pub is a la mode these days.

Follow me. The original, and the best. ;)

Mine is of the Sl-ea-puz in Ea-st Bo-ah-ldon, CT's lo-ah-cul. Just under two mile from Stayuhdium.

Mine is of the Sl-ea-puz in Ea-st Bo-ah-ldon, CT's lo-ah-cul. Just under two mile from Stayuhdium.

Ah, I wondered where it was. Maybe it's just me, but it's a strange looking building for a pub.

Ah, I wondered where it was. Maybe it's just me, but it's a strange looking building for a pub.

It's actually nice inside, lush barmaids, live m-ew-sic and a poorly position p-ew-l tayuhbul.

I may add 'The Powder Monkey' to the list of desirables.

Either that or 'The Half Moon' where I lived which is knocked doon now.

Stevie, you're mackem typing's fuckin' class.

Used to be the ols station masters house in the victorian days when the station at east boldon used to be a very large beautiful victorian station.

3628829800_56302f0462.jpg

Used to be the ols station masters house in the victorian days when the station at east boldon used to be a very large beautiful victorian station.

I'm confused. I was in there about October time after I'd b-ea-n to Soonlun dogs, however I had a brief fling with a lass from Whitburn and we went there for some scran, that was about 2000, so it wasn't no station house then. It's been a pub for at least 10 years.

By the way CT what the fuck is that stone cock thing at Whitburn, what is it's purpose always wanted to know, I can see it from my seat in Level 7.

....and finally if Mickey Grayuh's accent is 100% mackem, and Oz's is 100% geordie. What percent would you say yours would be to the Newcastle ear. Eighutea - Twentea?

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

The Broken Doll. RIP.

;)

I went from drinking in the Wynn Dyke in West Denton with the odd trip to Madisons and Central Park etc around 1989 down to there. Live bands and Theakstons. Other than that is was the Dog & Parrott or The Farmers Rest.

The Farmers was great for underage drinking. The Percy was canny as well. It's shit now like.

I think the Percy would be alright if they limited the numbers, same with the Bulls. Even upstairs is fuckin heavin after the match. The Hotspur is shit. The Goose is probs the best match bar on Percy Street imo.

The Broken Doll. RIP.

;)

I went from drinking in the Wynn Dyke in West Denton with the odd trip to Madisons and Central Park etc around 1989 down to there. Live bands and Theakstons. Other than that is was the Dog & Parrott or The Farmers Rest.

Pund a pint the beer used to make you folla through.

Follow me. The original, and the best. :lol:

I'm confused. I was in there about October time after I'd b-ea-n to Soonlun dogs, however I had a brief fling with a lass from Whitburn and we went there for some scran, that was about 2000, so it wasn't no station house then. It's been a pub for at least 10 years.

By the way CT what the fuck is that stone cock thing at Whitburn, what is it's purpose always wanted to know, I can see it from my seat in Level 7.

....and finally if Mickey Grayuh's accent is 100% mackem, and Oz's is 100% geordie. What percent would you say yours would be to the Newcastle ear. Eighutea - Twentea?

Victorian days I said. :icon_lol: even in Boldon the victorian days finished before 2000.

Had me confused with the stone cock thing but I assume you mean the cleadon water tower on cleadon hills.

1022242.jpg

Also on Cleadon Hills is a former water pumping station, which once provided water to the South Shields area. The site is dominated by the landmark Cleadon Water Tower, in fact a chimney for the former steam-powered pumps, which is visible for miles around

Quite amazing what you can see from level 7 and consequently where you can see st james from.

East Boldon is quite a posh place with house prices ranging from 180,000 to a few million at the extreme, so the average villager over the years has been well educated (exceptions to every rule ;) and therefore fairly well spoken.

Not the slightest hint of mackem. :icon_lol: However when you get to Boldon colliery the accent changes to Jarrow'ish.

I do in all seriousness have quite a phobia of the common makem accent to the extent that some people have with nails down a blackboard.

Victorian days I said. :icon_lol: even in Boldon the victorian days finished before 2000.

Had me confused with the stone cock thing but I assume you mean the cleadon water tower on cleadon hills.

1022242.jpg

Also on Cleadon Hills is a former water pumping station, which once provided water to the South Shields area. The site is dominated by the landmark Cleadon Water Tower, in fact a chimney for the former steam-powered pumps, which is visible for miles around

Quite amazing what you can see from level 7 and consequently where you can see st james from.

East Boldon is quite a posh place with house prices ranging from 180,000 to a few million at the extreme, so the average villager over the years has been well educated (exceptions to every rule ;) and therefore fairly well spoken.

Not the slightest hint of mackem. :icon_lol: However when you get to Boldon colliery the accent changes to Jarrow'ish.

I do in all seriousness have quite a phobia of the common makem accent to the extent that some people have with nails down a blackboard.

Nar I wind people up on here about South Tyneside and the accent there, NJS would knock me out I think how angry he gets when I phonetically ab-ew-se South Shields accents. It's far more geordie than mackem. The Boldon accent though East Boldon, I worked with a kid there who's second job was like a tour guide at the SOS or some match events cunt, he was a canny lad actually good looking kid lived East Boldon all his life, and tbh didn't have a hint of mackem in his accent. One stop on the metro you get to Seaburn, walk in The Windmill (is that pub we trashed in 97) there and they all sound like Wearside Jack it's mental.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

The Broken Doll. RIP.

;)

Used to drink bottles there. then realised what the bikini clad lasses done with their hands, howkin it out of their arse etc then wrapping the same fingers around the neck of your drink.

Oh aye, there was dobsons there as well.

It is a strange phenomenom that the no mans lands of Boldon, Cleadon and Whitburn are all pretty posh which has probably segragated the accents in some kind of evolutionary way.

The Broken Doll. RIP.

;)

Used to drink bottles there. then realised what the bikini clad lasses done with their hands, howkin it out of their arse etc then wrapping the same fingers around the neck of your drink.

Oh aye, there was dobsons there as well.

I liked Dobsons tbh some good memories. Watched England v Brazil in there at 730am in the QF stopped oot al neet.

Follow me. The original, and the best. :icon_lol:

1022242.jpg

Nar I wind people up on here about South Tyneside and the accent there, NJS would knock me out I think how angry he gets when I phonetically ab-ew-se South Shields accents. It's far more geordie than mackem. The Boldon accent though East Boldon, I worked with a kid there who's second job was like a tour guide at the SOS or some match events cunt, he was a canny lad actually good looking kid lived East Boldon all his life, and tbh didn't have a hint of mackem in his accent. One stop on the metro you get to Seaburn, walk in The Windmill (is that pub we trashed in 97) there and they all sound like Wearside Jack it's mental.

You do know that good looking males is quite a common theme in your posts. :icon_lol: Just saying :lol:

that's the Denton man ;)

http://www.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&...zv0N86soT00b_NA

Edited by LeazesMag

that's the Denton man :lol:

;)

A should naa one o me locals Steve howay man. I had a mackem pub that CT drinks in up, and changed it.

that's the Denton man :lol:

;)

A should naa one o me locals Steve howay man. I had a mackem pub that CT drinks in up, and changed it.

:icon_lol: alright mate, its the Denton now though !!!