Carroll Leaving the Toon

DesperateDannyB

Fancy a bet on it?

Ooh a bet on the interflibble.

What do you want to bet? Posts? A top score in the arcade? You're credits in world of warcraft?

Oh please Alex, please do tell me!

I was thinking money.

Ah the old anonymous internet bet. between two people who dont know each other and with no way to trace each other over a poxy amount of money that neither really cares about. *sighs*

The loser could paypal the winner. If someone reneges the loser could be named and shamed on here. Not saying that's a big deal like. I'm game if you are. Althought I suspect you're not, going off those last two posts.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fancy a bet on it?

What do you want to bet? Posts? A top score in the arcade? You're credits in world of warcraft?

I was thinking money.

Ah the old anonymous internet bet. between two people who dont know each other and with no way to trace each other over a poxy amount of money that neither really cares about. *sighs*

The loser could paypal the winner. If someone reneges the loser could be named and shamed on here. Not saying that's a big deal like. I'm game if you are. Althought I suspect you're not, going off those last two posts.

Sounds good. Obviously not as good as the 2/1 I will get online at the bookies but what the hey!

I am concerned about my reputation if I dont have the money and have to welch though. I am held in HIGH REGARD on here.

love Desperate Danny.

My table of dislikes - most at the top:

1. Man Utd

2. Sunderland

3. Tottenham

4. Villa

5. Everton

6. Liverpool

7. Blackburn

8. Birmingham

9. Wigan

10. Wolves

11. West Ham

12. Bolton

13. Stoke

14. West Brom

15. Fulham

16. Chelsea

17. Arsenal

18. Manchester City

19. Blackpool

20. Newcastle

To be fair Danny B hasn't given it the biggie, that they'll win or anything which is unusual for him.

He's still a cunt though, right Stevie? Don't let me down man, I know I can rely on you to put this gobshite in his place... right? :lol:

fwiw, I think Man U are going to kick on, Chelsea are going to stumble and falter but have too much about them to end up outside the top 4 (A big factor is that they've still got that much vaunted "winning mentality" which is one of the reasons I think the promoted sides have done comparatively well this season). The other two spots will be Man City and Arsenal. I reckon Spurs will finish 5th. Especially given the calibre of sides around them; Bolton, Stoke, the mackems and us? Don't get me wrong, Bolton and Stoke aren't the archetypal long-ball sides they've been famous for in the past. I just don't think they've the quality to mount a prolonged assault on that position.

Spurs have spent £227m in the past 5 years and they're yet to really challenge for the title. Compare that to their neighbours down the road... Arsenal have spent less money, and have had more seasons where they've been genuinely contending for the league... Mind you, like Arsenal, I think Spurs keep strengthening in the wrong areas. As has been said elsewhere, they need to buy an Essien, Mascherano-style player. Someone who would permit their flair players to do as they will in the opposition half, but time and again they trot off to spend millions on someone who's good on the ball and can dribble a bit.

I also don't rate their back four that highly:

Hutton isn't good enough for a team who wants to be taken seriously, BAE is all right, but nothing great. I like Bassong, and don't really blame him for leaving, especially as we got decent money for him. They do, however, need a dominant centre half. (I can't remember, but did Kjaer recently sign with someone? If not he'd be a decent shout).

their fans are still pricks though.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Mine on another thread

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=27905

1 Sunderland - jealous bitter plodders who punch above their weight

2 Liverpool - victim like arrogant delusionalists

3 Tottenham - most delusional of the lot fans all arseholes

4 Everton - scruffiest overachievers in league football today

5 Aston Villa - boring brummie twats who are there but no-one cares

6 Wolves - aggressive brummies with unrealistic expectations

7 Stoke - animal like fans dont belong in the premiership

8 West Ham - cheeky chappy jellied eel munching wanks

9 Man City - ego's growing by the day hope they go bust

10 Blackburn - here for their fans attitudes, fat Sam

11 Bolton - overstayed their welcome

12 Birmingham - Championship support but admirable last year

13 WBA - see Birmingham

14 Wigan - everything that is wrong with investment in football

15 Fulham - fantastic location by overstayed their welcome

16 Arsenal - magnificent football club appeal to black/asian people

17 Blackpool - hats off to them

18 Chelsea - always were a good club no one likes to admit it

19 Man Utd - best club in the world, the yardstick

To be fair Danny B hasn't given it the biggie, that they'll win or anything which is unusual for him.

He's still a cunt though, right Stevie? Don't let me down man, I know I can rely on you to put this gobshite in his place... right? :lol:

fwiw, I think Man U are going to kick on, Chelsea are going to stumble and falter but have too much about them to end up outside the top 4 (A big factor is that they've still got that much vaunted "winning mentality" which is one of the reasons I think the promoted sides have done comparatively well this season). The other two spots will be Man City and Arsenal. I reckon Spurs will finish 5th. Especially given the calibre of sides around them; Bolton, Stoke, the mackems and us? Don't get me wrong, Bolton and Stoke aren't the archetypal long-ball sides they've been famous for in the past. I just don't think they've the quality to mount a prolonged assault on that position.

Spurs have spent £227m in the past 5 years and they're yet to really challenge for the title. Compare that to their neighbours down the road... Arsenal have spent less money, and have had more seasons where they've been genuinely contending for the league... Mind you, like Arsenal, I think Spurs keep strengthening in the wrong areas. As has been said elsewhere, they need to buy an Essien, Mascherano-style player. Someone who would permit their flair players to do as they will in the opposition half, but time and again they trot off to spend millions on someone who's good on the ball and can dribble a bit.

Hutton isn't good enough for a team who wants to be taken seriously, BAE is all right, but nothing great. I like Bassong, and don't really blame him for leaving, especially as we got decent money for him. They do, however, need a dominant centre half. (I can't remember, but did Kjaer recently sign with someone? If not he'd be a decent shout).

Goes without saying, although I'd still rather have some banter with Danny B, than Toughguymick.

Top three?

For a team that is nowhere near us and has never competed in a major final against us, that's pretty pathetic.

9 points behind you in our first season back with a game in hand. 6 on Saturday night, hardly a million miles away. We've been further away from you in the last 15 years than you are away from us.

Assou Ekotto or whatever he's called would struggle to get a game for West Ham imho

Top three?

For a team that is nowhere near us and has never competed in a major final against us, that's pretty pathetic.

9 points behind you in our first season back with a game in hand. 6 on Saturday night, hardly a million miles away. We've been further away from you in the last 15 years than you are away from us.

Chris, I meant in terms of physical distance.

Why would you hate a team just because they were near you in the league? That would be odd.

Stevie. Get eating and sort your head out, you're weak. Not even half the Stevie I remember.

Top three?

Why would you hate a team just because they were near you in the league? That would be odd.

Stevie. Get eating and sort your head out, you're weak. Not even half the Stevie I remember.

You're talking shit mate. I hate Argentina in football terms and they're on the otherside of the world you utter bellwhiff.

Top three?

You're talking shit mate. I hate Argentina in football terms and they're on the otherside of the world you utter bellwhiff.

Because we went to war with them and because we were cheated by maradonna.

If those things hadnt happened you wouldnt given a monkeys about them.

Any Newcastle fan who puts Spurs in their top three are odd. I can understand City because of 81. Obviously Arsenal West Ham and Chelsea but there is no logical reason for a Toon fan to "hate" spurs

If its because of the fans like many claim, surely the dippers / leeds / stoke would run away with that.

You can try and justify it to yourself but it is the obsession that I spoke of earlier.

Top three?

If it hadn't been for the draw we would have done in '99. Shame we had to kick your arse in the semi final but you can't win them all...

Top three?

If it hadn't been for the draw we would have done in '99. Shame we had to kick your arse in the semi final but you can't win them all...

Yet you dont even get near my top 5. Weird non?

Edited by DesperateDannyB

Top three?

Any Newcastle fan who puts Spurs in their top three are odd. I can understand City because of 81. Obviously Arsenal West Ham and Chelsea but there is no logical reason for a Toon fan to "hate" spurs

If its because of the fans like many claim, surely the dippers / leeds / stoke would run away with that.

You can try and justify it to yourself but it is the obsession that I spoke of earlier.

Obsession mate? I'm the one who has 3,000 posts registered on an oppositions message board. Tell me Danny why would anyone who wasn't at least a very keen observer of the said club do that? I bet you aint got 3000 on an Arsenal or Chelsea board.

Top three?

Obsession mate? I'm the one who has 3,000 posts registered on an oppositions message board. Tell me Danny why would anyone who wasn't at least a very keen observer of the said club do that? I bet you aint got 3000 on an Arsenal or Chelsea board.

Mostly defending Spurs from rubbish written about them on here.

I dont claim to be an expert on NUFC but I know more about football in general than most on here, you and a few of the older ones excepted so I comment on a few bits and bobs.

Fancy a bet on it?

I was thinking money.

Sounds good. Obviously not as good as the 2/1 I will get online at the bookies but what the hey!

I am concerned about my reputation if I dont have the money and have to welch though. I am held in HIGH REGARD on here.

love Desperate Danny.

Just a quick question re: your post, Danny: which online bookies are offering odds of 2/1 on Spurs not finishing in the top 4? I'd like a piece of THAT action.

Fancy a bet on it?

I was thinking money.

love Desperate Danny.

Just a quick question re: your post, Danny: which online bookies are offering odds of 2/1 on Spurs not finishing in the top 4? I'd like a piece of THAT action.

Has your brain broke? I would be betting on Spurs making it to the top four. Hence why I would get 2/1. You wont get 2/1 for Spurs not making the top four.

Has something happened whilst I have been away? You and Stevie seem likes shells of your former selves.