Will we sign anyone?

Toon_Man

I can't believe we're not going to sign anyone*.

It's fucking unthinkable. Every single side around us has improved in some way, except for maybe Sunderland. But then again they've brought in Muntari and Sessegnon, two proven quality players. At least they're still going to lack goals.

*OK so the window isn't closed yet, but it's not looking at all likely is it? Not even any decent rumours linking us with anyone. I can't wait to hear Pardew come out with some line about he's happy enough with the squad, and how we don't need another striker with "Besty, Peter and Nile doing so well" or something equally as untrue.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to one site apparently ashley wasnt gonna sign anyone in this transfer window he was gonna secure our place in the premiership and then sell up haha. ashley sell up haha fat chance he doesnt know how to run a club let alone sell the fucker

I know. I'm just waiting for him to repeat it on February the 1st when we're stuck with what we've got.

I don't blame him for the record, he's not going to put his own players down and things could have gone worse. Albeit I maintain that a better striker would have got us the all important second goals against Sunderland and Spurs.

Well it pretty much looks like a foregone conclusion that we won't be getting any new signings in the January window.

Can't say I'm too surprised, as a longtime supporter I've got used to dashed hopes'

C'mon Pardew, shock me with a last ditch signing.