Ashley's Transfer History thread

Happy Face

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clapping: aye...and in a nutshell why it's absolutely pointless 'debating' with him.

it certainly is when you are made to look an utter tit as you have just been made. Still, I'm sure that you will continue to insist you know best though :clapping:

As someone mentioned it in the deadline thread, I'll maintain this opening post as a go-to reference. Corrections gratefully received.

Summer 2007

Out

Alan O'Brien -£200,000

Scott Parker -£7,000,000

Albert Luque -£1,000,000

Kieron Dyer -£6,000,000

Nolberto Solano -£500,000

Paul Huntington -£500,000

In

Joey Barton £5,800,000

Abdoulaye Faye £2,000,000

Alan Smith £6,000,000

Habib Beye £2,000,000

Jose Enrique £6,000,000

David Rozenhal £3,100,000

Total = £9.7 million spend

January 2008

Out

none

In

Fabio Zamblera £300,000

Total = £300K spend

Summer 2008

Out

David Rozehnal -£2,900,000

Emre -£2,000,000

Abdoulaye Faye -£2,250,000

James Milner -£12,000,000

In

Danny Guthrie £2,500,000

Jonas Gutierrez £5,200,000

Fabricio Coloccini £9,100,000

Francisco Jiminez Tejada "Xisco" £5,000,000

Total = £2.65 Million spend

January 2009

Out

Charles N'Zogbia -£6,000,000

Shay Given -£8,000,000

In

Kevin Nolan £4,000,000

Total = £10 Million net inflow

Summer 2009

Out

Obafemi Martins -£9,000,000

Damien Duff -£2,500,000

Habib Beye -£2,000,000

Sebastien Bassong -£8,000,000

In

None

Total = £21.5 million net inflow

January 2010

Out

None

In

Danny Simpson £1,000,000

Wayne Routledge £1,000,000

Mike Williamson £1,000,000

Leon Best £1,000,000

Total = £4 million spend

Summer 2010

Out

None

In

James Perch £1,000,000

Cheick Tiote £3,500,000

Total = £4.5 Million Spend

January 2011

Out

Andy Carroll -£35,000,000

In

Hatem Ben  Arfa £5,750,000

Total = £29.25 Million net inflow

Summer 2011

Out

Kevin Nolan -£4,000,000

Wayne Routledge -£2,000,000

Jose Enrique -£6,000,000

In

Yohan Cabaye £4,300,000

Gabriel Obertan £3,250,000

Rob Elliot £100,000

Davide Santon £5,000,000

Total = £350k spend

GRAND TOTAL = £39.25 Million net inflow

Not compared and contrasted with the pic above

Tbh i don't really think Ashley's looking at players to improve the team in places we need. He seems to be going for players who have a minimum fee release clause/frees. So I'm expecting more players to come in, and plug gaps that we dont have or players we dont need.

Ba - free

Marveaux - free

Cabaye - £4.3 million release clause

N - Taylor £1000000+ release clause (although I realise we never signed him, we went in and we re close to getting him)

I really don't think we'd have signed these players if we had to pay a fee or larger fee for them

good summing up. In other words, using the club to buy cheap, and sell on. A selling club.

Thing is its Ashley's business ethic, just look at how he runs Sports Direct. Buy cheap and flog it on for a profit, why oh why some people here think he will run NUFC any differently from his other business's beats the shit out of me.

Thing is he already has done it differently. When he first came in he spunked money on players as well as the next playboy owner. That isn't to say he'll do it that way again necessarily, but your point is contradictory in that NUFC has already been shown to be the very enterprise in which he has departed from his 'normal business ethic'.

Hmm don't think so bonny lad. In Summer 2007 FCB had a net spend of around £8/9M but has spent fuck all in any transfer window since and his transfer dealings show a net profit of over £40m. How that equates to "spunking money on players" defeats me. Transfer profits are fine as long as they do not weaken the team, well the Fat Cunt has certainly done that this year. Or do you think Demba "Dodgy Knee" Ba is better than Andy Carroll?

I notice we have now seemingly pulled out of signing another new striker so FCB obviously thinks he has spent enough this window. So much for the Bullshit from Parsnip and Lambs arse.

Amazing that some people actually believe it.

exactly. Can't help but laugh at phrases like "spunking money" when we were playing regularly in europe and raising the revenue ie 14th biggest in football, to justify it.

Mike Ashley's alternative obviously reaps better rewards, in the eyes of some fools anyway.

Interestingly (and you'll forgive me for this but I am a stickler for logic), if you use net transfer profit as evidence of him 'pocketing the cash', then a net transfer spend has to be evidence of the opposite approach. Which is basically all I was saying. I'm already well aware you fail to follow logical thought processes in even their most basic expression though, so we'll just leave that one there.

Ok then Mr Logic explain to me how making over £40 Million profit in transfer sales equates to a net Transfer spend. The clue is in the word "Profit"; there is no net Transfer spend.

If you need me to put that in even simpler terms then you are indeed a truly thick fuck

it would appear that "Mr Logic" is indeed a truly thick fuck

I literally don't expect your brain to be functioning after reading that far Leazes so I'll just ignore whatever point you're trying to make. Nothing presented in that transaction contradicts the point I was making. It's just an obsession basically at the risk re-stating the obvious.

The point was that you are a "truly thick fuck" your inability to realize it simply confirms it.

exactly. Can't help but laugh at phrases like "spunking money" when we were playing regularly in europe and raising the revenue ie 14th biggest in football, to justify it.

Mike Ashley's alternative obviously reaps better rewards, in the eyes of some fools anyway.

Interestingly (and you'll forgive me for this but I am a stickler for logic), if you use net transfer profit as evidence of him 'pocketing the cash', then a net transfer spend has to be evidence of the opposite approach. Which is basically all I was saying. I'm already well aware you fail to follow logical thought processes in even their most basic expression though, so we'll just leave that one there.

Ok then Mr Logic explain to me how making over £40 Million profit in transfer sales equates to a net Transfer spend. The clue is in the word "Profit"; there is no net Transfer spend.

If you need me to put that in even simpler terms then you are indeed a truly thick fuck

it would appear that "Mr Logic" is indeed a truly thick fuck

I literally don't expect your brain to be functioning after reading that far Leazes so I'll just ignore whatever point you're trying to make. Nothing presented in that transaction contradicts the point I was making. It's just an obsession basically at the risk re-stating the obvious.

The point was that you are a "truly thick fuck" your inability to realize it simply confirms it.

Slowly but surely more people are realising what the likes of mancmag won't admit to........recent posts in other threads by posters like Matt and Chez are being phrased in "accountancy" terms, and pointing towards the very conclusion that has been pointed out by myself, you and others in the past, but the likes of mancmag are intelligent chaps man and can't possibly be inferior to people like us B)

Ollie, tell me which part of my post was in error please.

Where you stated that:

"why oh why some people here think he will run NUFC any differently from his other business's beats the shit out of me"

I then made the limited point that in fact it was precisely with NUFC that he had shown a departure from his 'normal business ethic'. I stated there were periods where (on transfers) he had spent more than he had taken in. You then explicitly agreed with this statement

"In Summer 2007 FCB had a net spend of around £8/9M"

At no stage did I say he had done that since or was doing it now. The maths on that are patently obvious. In fact I specifically made the point that I wasn't saying he'd record a net spend again "That isn't to say he'll do it that way again necessarily"

I simply, quite correctly, qualified your initial point. Read the thing sequentially and look at exactly what I'm saying.

Leazes is actually incapable of making any sense so try not to spunk yourself about having him as a cheerleader. Identify exactly what you think I said which was incorrect or STFU.

Ta.

where are all your wigs and hammers now lawman? I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG, ADMIT IT

B)

Fucking shambles the pair of them. I'm not even going to bother responding to Leazes like; not worth the powder and shot these days.

Ollie, tell me which part of my post was in error please.

Where you stated that:

"why oh why some people here think he will run NUFC any differently from his other business's beats the shit out of me"

I then made the limited point that in fact it was precisely with NUFC that he had shown a departure from his 'normal business ethic'. I stated there were periods where (on transfers) he had spent more than he had taken in. You then explicitly agreed with this statement

"In Summer 2007 FCB had a net spend of around £8/9M"

At no stage did I say he had done that since or was doing it now. The maths on that are patently obvious. In fact I specifically made the point that I wasn't saying he'd record a net spend again "That isn't to say he'll do it that way again necessarily"

I simply, quite correctly, qualified your initial point. Read the thing sequentially and look at exactly what I'm saying.

Leazes is actually incapable of making any sense so try not to spunk yourself about having him as a cheerleader. Identify exactly what you think I said which was incorrect or STFU.

Ta.

B)

mancmag in denial mode again. What a tool.

You can answer the question for him if you like, it doesn't require personal knowledge, just a logical thought process.

I won't hold my breath like obviously.

B) logical thought process :D:(

indeed. Having the 5th most qualified team for Champions League, and european spots over a period of 15 years, building up the club from 1 foot in the 3rd division, expanding the stadium from a cow shed into one of the biggest and best in europe, leaving the club with the 14th biggest revenues in world football, was all done with directors "with no plan", and "were hopeless", and "embarrassed us all", according to mancmag and others like him.

Still, he knows best B) it's all a "logical thought process".

B)

You can answer the question for him if you like, it doesn't require personal knowledge, just a logical thought process.

Ok Mr Logic for the final time; FCB has not "spunked money" on players for NUFC, nor has he departed from his normal business ethic of buy em cheap and sell them on for a profit. He is currently looking at over £40M of profit on transfers since he took over. Fuck knows why you find this hard to understand. 2266518.jpg

Ok Mr Logic for the final time; FCB has not "spunked money" on players for NUFC, nor has he departed from his normal business ethic of buy em cheap and sell them on for a profit. He is currently looking at over £40M of profit on transfers since he took over. Fuck knows why you find this hard to understand.

Nah, either quote my post (No. 758) and contradict it or stop giving it big licks you halfwit.

You're not funny enough to be doing the diversion stuff posting daft pictures btw.

Getting rid of Shearer would've made money whereas getting rid of Gullit would've cost money B)

...which was exactly what I was thinking! Shearer simply would have never been offered another contract, would he?

Ok Mr Logic for the final time; FCB has not "spunked money" on players for NUFC, nor has he departed from his normal business ethic of buy em cheap and sell them on for a profit. He is currently looking at over £40M of profit on transfers since he took over. Fuck knows why you find this hard to understand.

Nah, either quote my post (No. 758) and contradict it or stop giving it big licks you halfwit.

You're not funny enough to be doing the diversion stuff posting daft pictures btw.

unfortunately, OBG is correct. There is only one halfwit here, and the clever boy can't kid himself out of it B)

Strange how mancy thinks its amusing to post "jokes" and make infantile comments such as "chomp", or "halfwit", but when someone else does it, its "daft".

Massive chip on shoulder, or ego problem, methinks.

Getting rid of Shearer would've made money whereas getting rid of Gullit would've cost money B)

...which was exactly what I was thinking! Shearer simply would have never been offered another contract, would he?

We would never have signed Shearer if Ashley was running the club, we wouldn't have got into the PL for starters.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

We would never have signed Shearer if Ashley was running the club, we wouldn't have got into the PL for starters.

Or got Gullit in as manager.

Or SBR a year later for that matter. He'd have stuck with Steve Clarke.

Or SBR a year later for that matter. He'd have stuck with Steve Clarke.

or Ossie Ardiles, and all those young kids who's sale values would rocket