Ashley's Transfer History thread

Happy Face

Show of intent if there's truth in it. Rewarding our best players with improved contracts. It's the right thing to do a long as its not a tactic aimed to hike up a transfer fee in the summer ala Carroll.

Was Carroll's new contract aimed at hiking up the transfer fee?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show of intent if there's truth in it. Rewarding our best players with improved contracts. It's the right thing to do a long as its not a tactic aimed to hike up a transfer fee in the summer ala Carroll.

so a club like NUFC - with the 14th biggest revenues in football - have to sell their best players to fulfill what should be operating costs of the level such a club ought to be able to compete at ? How much revenues does a club need exactly to not have to do this?

As I've said for years - for which certain people have said is rubbish, this is one of the areas where the distinct lack of ambition is as obvious as the nose on your face, it is such obvious bollocks it's staggering people don't get it. Even the likes of Toonspac are still insisting we are doing "things like Spurs", well Spurs haven't done anything like this in the past 5 years, to quote their own example.

What a load of utter shite this club is becoming.

so a club like NUFC - with the 14th biggest revenues in football - have to sell their best players to fulfill what should be operating costs of the level such a club ought to be able to compete at ? How much revenues does a club need exactly to not have to do this?

As I've said for years - for which certain people have said is rubbish, this is one of the areas where the distinct lack of ambition is as obvious as the nose on your face, it is such obvious bollocks it's staggering people don't get it. Even the likes of Toonspac are still insisting we are doing "things like Spurs", well Spurs haven't done anything like this in the past 5 years, to quote their own example.

So rewarding two of our best players with massive long term contracts shows that we've no ambition?

LM, lets face it, MA could pave your drive in Gold and you would complain thats it's too slippy.

Clearly fuck all the club can do that you will see as a positive. You must really hate football these days.

So rewarding two of our best players with massive long term contracts shows that we've no ambition?

read the post properly, and expand your brain for a change. I'm not explaining this again, I've done it for a long time now and it ought to be obvious.

LM, lets face it, MA could pave your drive in Gold and you would complain thats it's too slippy.

Clearly fuck all the club can do that you will see as a positive. You must really hate football these days.

sorry, but it only re-inforces what I've said for years and It's absolutely amazing that people are falling for this crap.

So Colo on £77k a week and Krul on £58k.

Doesn't seem to fit into our alleged "wage structure"

£58k pw for Krul seems a bit on the high side.

I don't think it does. Not when you consider the length of the contract and the form he has shown this season. Especially if he's going to be our keeper for years to come.

read the post properly, and expand your brain for a change. I'm not explaining this again, I've done it for a long time now and it ought to be obvious.

Perhaps to the clinically insane.

£58k pw for Krul seems a bit on the high side.

I don't think it does. Not when you consider the length of the contract and the form he has shown this season. Especially if he's going to be our keeper for years to come.

I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve it. I'm just surprised at the club offering him so much. He must have a decent agent.

I believe the wage structure is set as a % of turnover, if the income goes higher, so can (and will) the wages. It's not a ceiling based on a cap at any particular weekly wage level.

Hang on LM, you're losing me here.

Do you think Colo and Krul should have been given new contracts?

Or are you saying damned if they do damned if they dont?

Hang on LM, you're losing me here.

Do you think Colo and Krul should have been given new contracts?

Or are you saying damned if they do damned if they dont?

do you seriously think that NUFC should be selling their best players to meet so called "operational costs" ?

Do you seriously not understand this ?

Leazes doesn't allow events to take him "off message".

You have to respect that single minded devotion to wrong headed beligerence and faith (or the opposite of faith, what's that? cynicism?) in the owner. On a long enough timeline he'll always be right.

arguably, yes. they knew other clubs were interested in him and signed him to a long term deal just months before selling him for a vastly inflated fee.

I believe the wage structure is set as a % of turnover, if the income goes higher, so can (and will) the wages. It's not a ceiling based on a cap at any particular weekly wage level.

please tell us when Spurs have sold their best players to pay the wages of other players, as you constantly harp on about them and tell us how we are doing things like they are now ? Then make a post or two about football, if you can.

Perhaps to the clinically insane.

and you're an expert on NUFC ? Fuck off you arsehole.

arguably, yes. they knew other clubs were interested in him and signed him to a long term deal just months before selling him for a vastly inflated fee.

which has now been stated officially by the club to have disappeared.

It's the only thing clubs can do to at least give them any measure of control over players leaving. Pay top whack or fuck off (or way over the top whack in Carroll's case).

Edited by Toonpack

Or perhaps rewarded him with a new deal to reflect his form and position in our team?

It's the only thing clubs can do to at elast give them any measure of control over players leaving. Pay top whack or fuck off (or way over the top whack in Carroll's case).

is this a spectaclar u-turn in the making here ?

please tell us when Spurs have sold their best players to pay the wages of other players, as you constantly harp on about them and tell us how we are doing things like they are now ? Then make a post or two about football, if you can.

All the time, they record profits on player trading every fucking year.

Loon

Or perhaps rewarded him with a new deal to reflect his form and position in our team?

i'm not convinced the decision to sell him on for a fortune wasn't a pre-mediated and there's no disputing that having him on a long term deal strengthened our hand when it came to shafting liverpool for as much moeny as possible.